So ladies, what would a short guy have to do to get you to date them?

Options

Replies

• Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is 5'11 and I'm 6'0. Confidence really is key. She fell in love with me because I made her laugh, I was in love with her since high school because she's absolutely gorgeous and someone I can completely be myself around. I don't think I could have found someone better, she makes me laugh(which is one thing that a girl must have), she's sexy, incredibly smart and my god, does she have the cutest laugh in the world. Even when she cries I can't get over how stunningly beautiful she is. When we go out, she sometimes wears heels which used to make me feel self conscious but she's coming out with me and she's coming home with me too, probably drunk with bruises ribs from the antics of the night.

You just have to be confident! Flaunt what you were given and work yourself. I always make jokes when I meet someone knew because it totally takes away the awkwardness of the situation.
  • Ewok31
    Ewok31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    o:) I put my credit card on a string, it was easy fishing to get my wife
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ehh...for me, being short...5'6" has never been a problem. I have dated taller and shorter...I am who I am and if someone can not see me for ME then i do not want to be around them.

If a woman rejects me because I'm short, then she will be losing out on getting to know a really fun loving guy who loves life and will treat them like a lady should be.

Someone made a comment suggesting that a woman would not want a short guy because they would not feel safe? Well, let me just say, just because I am short does not mean the woman I am with would not feel safe. I know how to protect and take care of business.....If someone messes with those I care about and we will have problems...i don't care how big they are!
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Humm, well I wear three inch to five inch heels. Be yourself and very respectful and sincere. It wouldn't bother me actually
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Uhfgood wrote: »
    A little bit more honesty, I like it. But I defer back to my original question, those of you that don't date shorter men for various reasons, what would cause you to say yes to a shorter guy? Let's assume the guy is pretty confident, funny, nice, in good shape and let's assume another all around great guy has all those things but he's taller, what would cause you to take a chance on the short guy?

Obviously the original post is a bit of a loaded question, I wasn't so much looking for advice, but just some insight and like I said I was curious.

I don't really have any aspirations to go dating. I would really have to get my stuff together to even think about anything like that. At the same time I would be remiss to say I wasn't interested in it at all otherwise I wouldn't have posed the question.

Is it because you want to date tall women?

The concept that two guys have all the same qualities, other than height isn't really realistic. Most women aren't looking at dating as if they are shopping. It's more personal than that. If you pay attention to a woman, show that you like her (body, face, personality, talents, intelligence), and treat her well, but also with a sexually exciting component then you will be drawing her in. Some women (myself) develop emotional connections fairly easily. Develop an emotional connection with her, and she might get hooked, even if she was not initially interested. Maybe silly, but if you somehow tell her a story about yourself about something emotionally challenging that you faced and overcame you will gain her emotional connection. But, that's just how I am. Or tell her something about yourself that "no one knows about you"...secretly you also paint (for example).

• BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I met my husband 18 years ago. He ran into the college dining hall, and shouted, "Does anyone want to go white river rafting with me?" (I was still in high school visiting the school). So, maybe just try running into places where people ate eating food and asking if anyone wants to go white river rafting. Just kidding!! :wink: :laugh:
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    A little bit more honesty, I like it. But I defer back to my original question, those of you that don't date shorter men for various reasons, what would cause you to say yes to a shorter guy? Let's assume the guy is pretty confident, funny, nice, in good shape and let's assume another all around great guy has all those things but he's taller, what would cause you to take a chance on the short guy?

Obviously the original post is a bit of a loaded question, I wasn't so much looking for advice, but just some insight and like I said I was curious.

I don't really have any aspirations to go dating. I would really have to get my stuff together to even think about anything like that. At the same time I would be remiss to say I wasn't interested in it at all otherwise I wouldn't have posed the question.

Don't aspire to date women who have some sort of fascination with tall men. Just like I would not waste my time worrying about men who prefer 20 year old blonde coeds...it just wouldn't be smart. Be your best you, and keep your eyes open.
    I used to not even consider a man shorter than I am (5'7") when I was super young. Know why? Because it made ME feel self conscious, as though I was an Amazon. Now, I am a confident grown woman, and would have no problem with it.

• BinaryPulsar
    Options

Don't aspire to date women who have some sort of fascination with tall men. Just like I would not waste my time worrying about men who prefer 20 year old blonde coeds...it just wouldn't be smart. Be your best you, and keep your eyes open.
    I used to not even consider a man shorter than I am (5'7") when I was super young. Know why? Because it made ME feel self conscious, as though I was an Amazon. Now, I am a confident grown woman, and would have no problem with it.

Yeah, I agree. You will be happy in the long term with a partner that is attracted to you.

I like a lot of the things you say in the forums, Swashblogger.

• SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey, cool and thanks.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    For me my height is kind of an issue

This, right here, is the entire reason.
    If the height is an issue to you, it'll become an issue for your potential partner.

You've got one body, height really isn't something you can change. Embrace it. Don't look at it as an obstacle or an excuse, and it won't be one.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy a long time ago who was a good 2-3 inches shorter than me. He was hot. He was nice, smart, super funny, and played guitar. He was friendly with everyone and always had a smile on his face. It wasn't meant to last as he was moving away to the other side of the country, but he never seemed to have had a problem getting a date.

I'm not particularly fixated on height - I'm much more interested in what's between a guy's ears.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Hey, cool and thanks.

FR sent! :-)
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    Options

If the height is an issue to you, it'll become an issue for your potential partner.

You've got one body, height really isn't something you can change. Embrace it. Don't look at it as an obstacle or an excuse, and it won't be one.

I didn't mean that as it sounded, I meant in general height is an issue, not with regards to dating as I have no experience with it.
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If he is a decent sort, how tall he is matters not. Nor do a lot of other so called "qualities."
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to think that those women who've dated shorter guys that "didn't work out" had at least something to do with their height even if just slightly psychologically.
    Uh, not true at all in my case as well as many women friends I've had who've dated "shorter" men. In my case, I got tired of listening to him complain "about all the money [he] spent when we went out. When I had money of my own but he refused to let me pay for anything...used to say "that's not how a man treats a woman." *SNORT* but complaining was? /rhetorical
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I didn't mean that as it sounded, I meant in general height is an issue, not with regards to dating as I have no experience with it.

It really is all in how you look at it though; height doesn't have to be an issue unless you make it one.
    What has your height truly, physically kept you from doing? Think about it, honestly. Not much right? Most of us can't reach a top shelf of something, so we adapt; we put things on a lower shelf, or we buy a step stool etc.
    I don't mean to be jerk, but you really are using it as an excuse. Your height is only an issue because you make it an issue; no matter the situation.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    in to read tomorrow
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I like to feel tall. So I like guys who are shorter than me. I would have to be attracted to him for me to date him and he would have to be nice, talkative, and like to play fight for me to date him.
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    Options

It really is all in how you look at it though; height doesn't have to be an issue unless you make it one.
    What has your height truly, physically kept you from doing? Think about it, honestly. Not much right? Most of us can't reach a top shelf of something, so we adapt; we put things on a lower shelf, or we buy a step stool etc.
    I don't mean to be jerk, but you really are using it as an excuse. Your height is only an issue because you make it an issue; no matter the situation.

You don't sound like a jerk, however, consider. You ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right and your timing is off? Like someone gets to the last parking spot just as you're about to turn in, or you leave early but just not enough and all the stop lights are red? That's what it's like. Every. Single. Day. Okay over dramatized for effect :-) But seriously, it's just little annoyances like that all the time. Has it truly stopped me from anything, not really.

It's sort of like my eyesight. I'm near-sighted, and things are just blurry enough without my glasses to be annoying. It's not like I'm legally blind, but it's a thing that bugs me every day. I need my glasses to see clear enough, but it's not so bad that I bump into things without them. (Not that I want to be blind, it's just that little bit that you wish it could just be clear enough to read).

Okay I'm spending too much time about why my height is an issue to me in life, I apologize, but I'm not simply using that as an excuse for not doing things. And I was merely pointing out it was an issue because I think a lot about it. It's like the reason we're all here, because we're thinking about our weight and the problem of wanting to eat what we want and not be fat, or in some cases, to stay buff and fit. The only thing is with weight we can change that, I can't change my height. Why worry about it? Because it affects me every day.

Most women on here say that confidence is a big deal, you lack that sometimes when you're short. I know there are short guys that have confidence up the wazoo, but when you're taller than other people you command a presence. It's easier to be confident that way. This is not to say that tall people have it easier, or that short people can't be confident. But for a lot of short guys like myself it's a big deal. I don't lack confidence because of my height, however, it would sure make things easier. Even a couple of inches matter. It matters in everything not just dating. How people perceive you, and it can affect every aspect of life.

So to just trivialize what I go through as me making an excuse, you're just wrong about it.

Please also don't assume I am in any way angry or upset or "bent out of shape" as-it-were because I wrote this lengthy reply. Just sometimes you don't know what other people go through. Judging a book by it's cover or in this case by my statements about myself :-)

Again I was just interested all things being equal, what would it take for you to say yes to a date from a shorter man.

This is cool, thanks for all the interesting replies everyone, and keep 'em coming!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'7.5" barefoot and I do like to wear heels and wedges. I wouldn't immediately diss a guy because of his height, but being tall is definitely a plus. Personality and having a connection with someone is much more important than something they can't help though.
    Good luck OP. :)