Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    1804 cals!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    5900 ish calories. I kinda logged guestimated.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    4000 awesome calories
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Happy post Turkey day! I had a wonderful day and hope everyone else did, too.

For those who logged, how many calories did you eat?

I was at 4561. I overestimated when it doubt. I don't regret anything at all, though I will say that I think my dinner leftover meal was excessive-I could have had smaller portions of leftovers and the turkey didn't need to be turned into a big Kaiser roll sandwich. If I'd been more moderate that meal, I would have saved about 700 calories. Oh, and the apple pie at family dinner wasn't good enough to justify the calories, but the pumpkin pie...damn! The pumpkin pie was absolute heaven. :smile:

It was a good day, and a good reminder of why I need to count my calories and practice moderation. If I can eat 4561 on a feast day, then I need to eat well on non-feast days, lol.

So, how did your calories add up?

1473 for the whole day. I was under goal. :)
  • millie0703
    millie0703 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I logged 992 calories - but I do have a lapband, so it really does limit everything I eat!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    chele402 wrote: »
    I think I was under 2500 for the whole day. I really didn't do too bad. I actually weighed in down this morning. #winning!

ha, I am not going anywhere near a scale..I weighed in on Wednesday ….
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stayed under calorie goal and enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner. No alcohol. Potatoes, Cranberries, dessert, etc., but "lots" of turkey and I splurged on some bread stuffing, Italian bread and salad.

I brought my own butter / balsamic sprays / fat free gravy. Nobody paid attention, as I simply laid things out with other condiments.

I was worried I had gone too carb-crazy, but the math proved I did OK…even after I mentally added 15% to account for the unknown (ingredients used by others etc.).

Overall it was a great Thanksgiving. Hope everyone had a blessed holiday.

My weekly recorded weigh-in on Monday will tell me all I want to know...:)
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I logged 1600 for dinner -- but that's because I chose "Thanksgiving Dinner" from the database. Plus 600 calories in wine. Who knows how much I actually ate.

The scale doesn't seem to care -- it said I was down a half pound this morning.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Stayed under calorie goal and enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner. No alcohol. Potatoes, Cranberries, dessert, etc., but "lots" of turkey and I splurged on some bread stuffing, Italian bread and salad.

I brought my own butter / balsamic sprays / fat free gravy. Nobody paid attention, as I simply laid things out with other condiments.

I was worried I had gone too carb-crazy, but the math proved I did OK…even after I mentally added 15% to account for the unknown (ingredients used by others etc.).

You brought your own butter to someone's house?????
  • keithm138
    keithm138 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I stayed 300 calories under my goal for the day , I just loaded up on veggies an avoided any dessert and I was just fine
  • ndj1979
    Options

i would of been pissed if I accidentally ate the fat free gravy …

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    keithm138 wrote: »
    I stayed 300 calories under my goal for the day , I just loaded up on veggies an avoided any dessert and I was just fine

Why did you avoid the desserts? Did you not want them or did you think you shouldn't because your trying to lose weight??
  • ndj1979
    Options
    keithm138 wrote: »

no pie on thanksgiving…say whhhhaaaaaaattttttt??????????
  • fuddfulton
    fuddfulton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stopped counting at 2500+ :) But I am with GiveMeCoffee!! Enjoyed every bite!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Word or some of that fake butter.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Hell yea fat free gravy... and miracle butter would cause some fighting here.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had ~4200, but most of it was homemade. Hard to get an exact count when recipes are guarded secrets, so I tried to round up some.

But I ate under my goal (~2400) enough Mon-Wed so that I'm just around/under my weekly goal for now. Couldn't ask for much more (except for it to be warmer...)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I'm just shocked at all the people that ate less than I do on a normal day, hell ate less than I do when I'm sick.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I logged 1600 for dinner -- but that's because I chose "Thanksgiving Dinner" from the database. Plus 600 calories in wine. Who knows how much I actually ate.

The scale doesn't seem to care -- it said I was down a half pound this morning.

I think 1600 is pretty accurate. Check my diary -- I came in at 1623 with a pretty typical Thanksgiving meal with dessert. I tried some of everything, measured, and tracked. Over 2200 for the day. I don't know what any of these people are eating who say they ate under 1300 for the day. Maybe they don't eat breakfast?