Thanksgiving Day - How many Calories?

Options

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    4122 and I enjoyed every one of them! Have lots of leftovers which I am eating within my normal calorie limit. They're just as good the second day. Mmm.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Only 2708! About 900 ish over for the day.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    1873. Over by 550. Oh well. Enjoyed it.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    2206, a lot of it is guesstimated added calories. My sis-in-law cooked. I burned 400 calories earlier in the day with a long walk as a bit of a buffer. My usual daily goal is 1600.

My goal was not to do a lot of mindless nibbling and I was happy with how I did. We deep fried the turkey (worth every calorie), I also had mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, broccoli with cheese, tasted the stuffing (not a stuffing fan overall) and one yeast roll with butter - in my family we call them "crack rolls" because they're hard to resist. I did stare at them a few times, but didn't regret not having six. I also had a thin sliver of pie - again, not a pie fan, but tried it, two brownie bites with tons of icing on top - made the decision to stick with two after reading the nutritional info, ice cream and nibbled on a clementine orange. Found out their dog loves oranges so I shared half with her and got a second, mostly to see a dog eat orange slices. (she also loves lettuce, carrots, grapes, etc). Drank lots of water, came home and had some more ice cream. I'm happy with what I did, didn't feel like I denied myself anything. The scale was even a bit down this morning which was an added plus.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Just over 2400. I didn't do too bad I don't think.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Probably about 3,000. It's just one day in a million and won't kill me....and the food was delicious!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    klbrowser wrote: »
    About the normal amount for the day, just under 1500 calories even though I did not exercise. I had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. No dessert, gravy, sauces, or anything containing sugar. I was the only one at the table who wasn't complaining of feeling excessively full. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I have to undo the progress I've made so far. I was just happy I didn't have to cook. :)

Yup that's what happened I ate over 6000 calories of everything yesterday, especially the stuff that had sugar and this morning I gained back all 119 lbs I've lost cause that's how it works.

You know, we get that you seem really proud that you gorged yourself as you've repeated it multiple times, but there really is no need to be snarky to those that didn't. We all choose to handle holidays differently. Just because someone didn't choose to overeat does not mean they need your insults thrown at them. Some didn't overeat, some did slightly, and some went to town. If you enjoyed yourself, fine. It sounds like others did too, so no need for your nasty rhetoric. Good grief.

• gcwillig
    gcwillig Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1379. I also took most of my own food. Baked sweet potato, Brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce and diced apple, raisins and cinnamon. I ate the turkey and the vanilla ice cream that was there. I was stuffed to the gills and had a wonderful time with my family. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I am the only one responsible for my health and the only one that has to live in my skin, so I did what I felt I needed to do. I know one day isn't the end of the world, but I take my lifestyle change very seriously and am working very hard to be healthy. Why take a chance on sliding back to my old ways. Oh, and I walked my very first 5k that morning.
  • gwb77
    gwb77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did a little estimating and come up with about 3200 calories. That is eating twice. I was only up 0.4 lb. this morning from my weigh-in a couple days ago.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    1479 and under goal because of exercise. We didn't have the traditional dinner, though. I'm a vegetarian and my husband and kids hate turkey. They wanted ravioli (I can't have that, I have celiac disease) and chicken. I had stuffed mushrooms and sweet potatoes with roasted asparagus.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    1800 calories, had a little bit of everything I like and enjoyed a nice dinner with the family.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2100 calories for dinner, making 2800 calories for the day, so 1300 calories over my goal. A lovely day, and a completely delicious meal -- worth Every. Single. Calorie.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    klbrowser wrote: »
    About the normal amount for the day, just under 1500 calories even though I did not exercise. I had turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. No dessert, gravy, sauces, or anything containing sugar. I was the only one at the table who wasn't complaining of feeling excessively full. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean I have to undo the progress I've made so far. I was just happy I didn't have to cook. :)

Yup that's what happened I ate over 6000 calories of everything yesterday, especially the stuff that had sugar and this morning I gained back all 119 lbs I've lost cause that's how it works.

You know, we get that you seem really proud that you gorged yourself as you've repeated it multiple times, but there really is no need to be snarky to those that didn't. We all choose to handle holidays differently. Just because someone didn't choose to overeat does not mean they need your insults thrown at them. Some didn't overeat, some did slightly, and some went to town. If you enjoyed yourself, fine. It sounds like others did too, so no need for your nasty rhetoric. Good grief.

I gorged myself??? Really?? Just because my calories were higher it's gluttony?

Also when did I insult someone? Which is kind of ironic as that is what you are attempting to do to me. Again nasty rhetoric that's right your post here was just filled with warm fuzzies.

So stop trying to be the white knight
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    I am hoping my estimates are really off. I came in at 891 calories for the whole day. So not the 1400 i was expecting just from dinner.

You could have had that piece of pie and still been under!

I just didn't want it.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I logged so loosely. Who the hell knows?

But I loved everything I ate.
    I had a normal breakfast, 2 piled up plates of thanksgiving food, (one of dinner, one of dessert),drank a beer, and then just hung out with my freinds and family for the rest of the day.

Had a little walk, and some sugar free gingerale later on to settle all that feasting.

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Someone on another thread ate 15,000 calories, so you all lose.
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound like a goody-goody, but I stayed under 1200 calories and even walked on my treadmill for an hour. I had weigh in with my militant nutritionist the next day and I wasn't about to show a gain. :smiley:
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    it amazes me people that can eat 4000 plus calories in one day!! WHOW....impressive!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    it amazes me people that can eat 4000 plus calories in one day!! WHOW....impressive!

4000 is easy if you are using real butter, sugar and no fat free/low fat crap.