Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    Muffie22 wrote: »
    LOL OK. Well I must be a scientific anomaly having lost 35lbs and still eating ice cream, full-fat dairy, cake, meat, etc etc but at a slight calorific deficit over the course of a year...

You're also 25 years old.

I'm 34 and eat whatever I please, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm an anomaly too I guess?

Well, good for you! You are not a post-menopausal, obese women.

Quit moving the goalposts.

How is that "moving the goalposts"? I have always been discussing post-menopausal, obese women.

You've blamed everything but Obama for your weight gain. It's like playing whack-a-mole with your layered misinformation.

No, I blame my previous lack of information. Now I know how to be healthy. Do you really want to argue with my success?

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Unfortunately, I am technologically challenged and have neither a digital camera nor the expertise to post pictures. In any case, I would not be one how is interested in plastering pictures of myself on the internet. I don't even have a Facebook account. >:)

Heh, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to post a picture on here. I have a grandmother who is probably older than you and can use Facebook and post pictures on the interwebs, post-menopausal and all.

I did not attribute my lack of expertise to being older--merely to lack of motivation. :)

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Oh, Gale is here. Get out the bingo cards y'all
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Once you hit menopause, I guess you lose the technological edge too.

Hey now. Don't lump all of us post-menopausal women together. Some of us are doing even better after the "change".

• SanteMulberry
    Options
    LOL OK. Well I must be a scientific anomaly having lost 35lbs and still eating ice cream, full-fat dairy, cake, meat, etc etc but at a slight calorific deficit over the course of a year...

I'm 34 and eat whatever I please, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm an anomaly too I guess?

How is that "moving the goalposts"? I have always been discussing post-menopausal, obese women.

You've blamed everything but Obama for your weight gain. It's like playing whack-a-mole with your layered misinformation.

No, I blame my previous lack of information. Now I know how to be healthy. Do you really want to argue with my success?

Proof? I can show you a side-by-side of my success, but you first. And insinuating that younger folks are immune to CICO makes you look uninformed, even though you claim to be knowledgeable now. There's a saying that goes something like "a wise person speaks because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something."

I did not insinuate a thing and I most certainly did NOT say that "younger folks are immune to CICO". I find that remark somewhat unintelligible. Perhaps you were speaking of yourself in your aphorism?

• SanteMulberry
    Options
    This has been fun fellas, but I really must go now. If you are still hanging around, I'll catch up with your tomorrow. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Hey now. Don't lump all of us post-menopausal women together. Some of us are doing even better after the "change".

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I have several ladies on my list who are kicking *kitten* in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. But they don't count apparently, because reasons.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Proof? I can show you a side-by-side of my success, but you first. And insinuating that younger folks are immune to CICO makes you look uninformed, even though you claim to be knowledgeable now. There's a saying that goes something like "a wise person speaks because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something."

I did not insinuate a thing and I most certainly did NOT say that "younger folks are immune to CICO". I find that remark somewhat unintelligible. Perhaps you were speaking of yourself in your aphorism?

Here ya go

• PikaKnight
    Options

I have several ladies on my list who are kicking *kitten* in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. But they don't count apparently, because reasons.

All special snowflakes with high metabolisms and workout schedules that no one else wants to do/can do.

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

The reason is that she's obsessed with speaking for all post-menopausal women, even as she continues to insist that she's only speaking for herself. If they're not like her, it must be MAGIC (or aliens).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Good point we are all different. I am guessing you are under age 60?

LOL ..

so after 60 the laws of math and physics cease to apply?

at the end of the day it is still CICO; however, you just may have to adjust the out side of the equation ….

ETA to change to edit the out side..I am a little delirious right now….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    It just occurred to me that it's very troubling that you have over 3,000 posts on the forums. It doesn't seem like you really know what you're talking about at all and to think you've spread that much misinformation is kind of scary...

Now, I have the information that it took to make me successful. You can argue with it but it makes little sense to argue with my success and what I attribute it to. Many of you are apparently incensed for some reason that I cannot fathom. Is it because I don't adhere to your religion?

You attribute your success to your education and hard work. You've attributed the success of others here to age and good genetics (fast metabolism). Can you see how that could look bad?

The fact remains that it is harder for some people to lose weight than others. Women have a harder time than men (women have a lower lean body mass than do men and burn fewer calories--but there is a limit as to how low any adult can go without sacrificing health). Obese people have a harder time than those who are merely "overweight" (it takes many fewer calories to maintain body fat than lean tissue). The loss of progesterone, in particular, causes estrogen to run unopposed and estrogen "loves" to build body fat (progesterone stimulates the metabolism and promotes leanness). Estrogen even blocks the uptake of iodine and that, in itself, can cause goiter if the diet is iodine deficient (which tends to be the case since our soils in many parts of the country are iodine-poor). (Progesterone enhances the uptake of iodine, by the way.) Most obese women are leptin-resistant. Since women already have 2 to 3 times as much leptin as men, even at the same body fat level, it is easy to see why obese women become leptin resistant and why they may have to address that. That has a great bearing on body fat gain or loss. I could go on and on but I think you can get the idea.

Wow, with such vast knowledge you would think one would be able to figure out how to do something as simple as posting a picture on the internet.

I guess post menopausal woman can't do that either…

No need to be insulting. I don't know how, but that is because I haven't been terribly motivated to learn how. I have confidence that, were I to be sufficiently motivated, I would learn how in short order. But first I'd have to purchase a digital camera. Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas. :)

you are the one insulting woman of all ages by claiming those who are post menopausal can't lose weight via calorie deficit, and then turning around critiquing other woman that have had said success and then saying "oh that is because they are in their 40's"…..

I just turned your own argument against you …but I guess you do not like that...
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Good point we are all different. I am guessing you are under age 60?

You think I'm going to bother debating you? When you keep misquoting people and posting the same study you don't understand? Go back to the other thread and addressed the questions people asked you. You are probably more clueless than everyone on this site combined.

Haha my thoughts exactly. Gale is a plague to the forums lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Documentaries usually just highlight information that supports the point of view of the producer, writer, etc. It's rare that there are documentaries that are very well balanced.
    That said, it's still going to boil down to calories in/out for the general population with no impending health issues for weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    This thread really blew up while I was out running. Honestly, I'm probably wasting my time running because 1.) I'm a man, 2.) I'm not menopausal, 3.) I'm in my twenties and 4.) I have a fast metabolism, therefore I can think about losing weight and poof it happens! Because science.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    errr....hai!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    errr....hai!

LOL

you may want to go back and review pages three through four as I believe you were the topic on those pages….
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    errr....hai!

Look who it is!!!

fb4e821a2c88d082d098f4b82b4e31e4-bear-waving-7.gif
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    errr....hai!

We weren't talking about you or anything...

34h8n6c.gif