Real or Artificial? The Christmas tree debate.

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Just got our REAL tree today.

It's pretty big... floor to ceiling. If I had to guess, I'd say it's like 9 ft? :smiley:

20141130_170059.jpg

My tree was $54.99... but I get trees for free because my family owns a local business that sells Christmas trees in the winter.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Just got our REAL tree today.

It's pretty big.

Stunning! :)

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    We've always had a fake tree. I don't see the point of getting a real one tbh.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Real or nothing.
  • dancingwaif
    Options
    Fake for sure!! Pay $30 once, have a pretty tree for years; no worry about pets; no pine needles to sweep and vacuum; no struggle with dragging a real tree home, etc.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Another thing about a fake tree that's advantageous....................no tree sap.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sometimes with real trees you get a free squirrel! BONUS!! o:)
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Since my family got a dog who had a taste for pine needles, we've gotten an artificial tree and used it every year. It doesn't bother me either way, although I'm one of those people who puts a "pine fresh" car air freshener in the tree to make it seem authentic.

However, my parents told me that since both my brother and I are away at college now, they don't see a point in decorating that much for Christmas...even though we'll both be home from the week before Christmas to the week after New Year's. #wut
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Another thing about a fake tree that's advantageous....................no tree sap.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's a minus for me.
    We've always had a fake tree. I don't see the point of getting a real one tbh.

Because fake trees are fake. Real ones smell like Christmas.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to real ones so I have to go artificial. However I've had the same tree for years so think of all of the money I've saved!!!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    From the earliest time I can remember, I've always grown up with an artificial Christmas tree. It was easy to put together, take down, and I didn't have to worry about pine needles (which I am allergic to) all over.
    But I was in a relationship in the 90's where my GF at the time was so "Earthy", that she refused to have an artificial tree. So for 3 years I endured, buying a tree, finding a way to make it balance correctly in the stand, clean up pine needles, and then drag it out of the house to get rid of it.
    After that relationship, I went directly back to having an artificial tree and have never looked back.
    So I just put my tree up, and with a smile, sprayed some "pine tree scent" to finish the job.

So real or artificial for you?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I am allergic too! Never met another person who is!
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    all about that fake.... who wants to be vacuuming needles until June?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I broke up with a guy because he didn't like real Christmas trees. So yeah, real all the way.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Real all the way. I Clark Griswald it every year
  • Gawanne79
    Gawanne79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Does anybody still make the pre Christmas tree old English kissing boughs? Two large hoops, made into a ball shape, each one wound with holly and fir, suspended from the ceiling with a red/green tartan ribbon and with real mistletoe at the bottom. Great if you have a big hall, and what an excuse for dear old uncle as he comes in.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I prefer my Christmas tree to be free of processing and toxins, so real all the way like paleo man once did.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    A very real looking artificial one so I can put it up nice and early and enjoy it longer. I love Christmas and want to squeeze everything I can out of it.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Only ever real. I grew up with a mother who thought artificial trees were the work of the devil - LOL - I have never been able to change my own mind on that one.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Fake tree for me. Allergies :(

same here. if i want to breathe in December, then we have to do fake

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Because fake trees are fake. Real ones smell like Christmas.
    Lol, I have redwood and fir trees all around my yard. Heck when I rake it smells like Christmas all year around.
    All I have to do is open a window.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png