T-Day Calorie Challenge

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yum to this whole thread... another Canadian here drooling over the goodies!!! You all did pretty well B)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to play. I'm doing Thanksgiving Day dinner tomorrow (Saturday). I will report with my copious calorie consumption.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to play. I'm doing Thanksgiving Day dinner tomorrow (Saturday). I will report with my copious calorie consumption.

giggle @ copious :)
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Prime Rib with a bacon weave blankie :)

6xxocm.jpg

Drools!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... Nobody is trying to eat at goal today? Because it's one of two "treat" days a year? I'm afraid I'm developing a food phobia, and I was planning to eat as little as I could to stay in goal lol. It would be nice to not think about what I am mindlessly eating for the day.... Hmm

I'm staying at goal. We didn't have a large meal to begin with. I cooked and weighed everything I ate and planned it all out ahead of time. I worked out this morning and ate back half my exercise calories for sure, though. Eating too much doesn't agree with me.

giphy.gif
    Heck yes!

Finished product... sorry a little late I was stuffing my face lol

t722i1.jpg
    Oh hai! <3

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I feel like a failure. My meal yesterday was just under 2000. In my defense I am battling a brutal cold and nothing tastes like it is supposed to, plus we went to my husbands side yesterday and while they excel in the appetizer and wine department, they fail miserably at dessert. There wasn't even pecan pie, my favorite!

Good news is we are doing it all again on Saturday with my family and will have the addition of prime rib, my sweet potato casserole, and a pumpkin dessert challenge to bump up the cals. Probably between the two days I should be able to hit the 6K mark....
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I was sabotaged because our oven stopped working. I was in complete disbelief because we had it for nine years and never had a single problem with it. So half the things I wanted to cook, I couldn't. I think I managed around ~2200 for the day. I shall try again for Christmas!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Finished the day with some spur gummy bears. Just about 200 worth. I know my numbers all day were guesses but my total got me to around 5,200. I'm a loser. A failure.

according to my heavily guessed day- I ate around 3- I'm deeply disappointed with myself- although- honestly I did put away about 800 calories worth of cookies. So I think there is something to be said for that.

so sad. I tried today with a big breakfast and now lasagna for dinner- but after full bench squat bench- leg day- I'm pretty burnt in terms of work/food I feel like it came out fairly solid.

CRY CRY_ cookies and oreos- I make a second attempt today!!! LOL

Dinner was at my BF's parents- I think next thanksgiving I want to do my own so I can have my own fuc**ng pie. Because I wanted a mixed goddayum berry pie- all they had were two store bought pies. WTF. How can I even begin to approach that if all I have are crappy store pies??

I have pictures- I'll have to load them up at home- my reception here sucks a$#.

I failed at my own thread.

I'm going to retreat to flog myself with a lash.

Everyone's food looks glorious though. noMNOMNOMNOM
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    seriously? bench squat bench?

That's pretty serious.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Today after working 11 hours on Dark Thursday I came home & ate ten White Fudge Oreo cookies for Breakfast & inhaled a Little Caesar's Hawaiian pizza before taking a nap.
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    Oh, me and my kids as well
    7mm7qd0yj10q.jpg

Lovely smile that you and your kids have :happy:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Plate 1:

Time for dessert and the mega thanksgiving everything sandwich
    Lemon Meringue this is for my husband, I'm eating the pumpkin & cherry pies

That pie looks amazing!

Thanks! My husband loved it.. here's his slice
    wrnrl0.jpg

Lemon meringue is best pie ever!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Omg- that looks amazing.

So- this was part 1 Thanksgiving- with the BF

simple steak and potatoes dinner
    20141126_202705_zps6db4bcc4.jpg[/URL]

Apparently I eat to much to fast because mine is the bottom- he's the top LULZ
    20141126_203931_zps9a147563.jpg[/URL]

I didn't get the first plates
    But this is the 3rd plate
    20141127_152419_zps2aacc8ab.jpg[/URL]

Part of dessert!20141127_174130_zps94b7e7f6.jpg[/URL]

After puppy pet party!
    20141128_105019_zpsfdbbad45.jpg[/URL]
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I waddled home from my sister's scrumptious meal at 4742. just when I thought it was over, my niners played HORRIBLY, which helped me drown away my sorrows in cocktails and shots, just barely clearing the bar at 6029. *flexes* ...I've pretty much been in a drunken food-coma ever since. ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I was triumphant, as far as the minimum of 4000 calories goes. I ended my day at 4257 according to what I could estimate. That included movie popcorn with extra butter, a 32 ounce DP, hot dog and nachos all before dinner. It was kind of nice being able to stuff my face for an entire day and not have to worry about overdoing my calorie intake. Looking forward to doing it again Christmas day and/or the 27 because it's my 35th birthday and birthday calories don't count, right?! :smiley:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    WINNING!!!!!

I'm so proud of you all!!!

<sad for me> but proud of you all WOOT WOOT!!!

Can't wait to do this again for Christmas!!! I'm going to cook for myself I think and just go ham.

or turkey.

or lamb.
    :D
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed. I failed miserably. LOL

I topped out at an estimated 2627. I blame that entirely on the 3-hour midday nap I took. Yep, that's what I'm going with.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also won $5 from my husband who was CONVINCED I couldn't do it. He should know better than to doubt me...especially when food is the challenge. :smile:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    So update time. A 6000 calorie day and three 4000 calorie days = I'm up 6 lbs. I'm banking on Friday to be back to normal or even down 8.