One day at a time in december

Options

Replies

• mrscronkhite
    Options
    My workplace is doing a Christmas challenge where you're given a new challenge each day in the month of dec and the idea is if not to loose weight, then to at least maintain it. Not all the challenges are fitness related (dec 1 was to create and budget your xmas list) - but some are. Day 2 was to ADD an extra mile each day to your fitness routine (so if you already run/walk a mile a day, do 2. If you do 2, do 3...). I'll try to remember to post any fitness related challenges in case they're useful to anyone.
  • mrscronkhite
    Options
    1201april wrote: »
    One day at a time, I love that attitude! We got this. My Day 1 was great until I put my son to bed and had a few seconds to myself. I ate so much, it's ridiculous. But today's a new day!

Nighttime is the worst for me...especially after the kids are in bed! I did well Thanksgiving (ate on a small plate, didn't go back for seconds), but had a horrible weekend!! I tried to have the same attitude on Monday - today's a new day!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My workplace is doing a Christmas challenge where you're given a new challenge each day in the month of dec and the idea is if not to loose weight, then to at least maintain it. Not all the challenges are fitness related (dec 1 was to create and budget your xmas list) - but some are. Day 2 was to ADD an extra mile each day to your fitness routine (so if you already run/walk a mile a day, do 2. If you do 2, do 3...). I'll try to remember to post any fitness related challenges in case they're useful to anyone.
    That really does sound interesting. Lets see if we can make this process less painful by such. :)

• HappilyRubina
    Options
    So How's day 3 going people?
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    My day 3 went well. :)
    Though I had a heavy breakfast and lunch, but they were protein rich and by the end of the day, I'm under my calorie goal.
    I did go for a walk today. 40 minutes total. So, all in all satisfactory. :)
    Do fill me in with all your day end reports.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I think one day at a time is the best way to lose weight. Of course we all have our end goal, many months from now, but I have found when I think about the future it's much harder to stay in the moment. If you take it one day at a time, stay on track and exercise that is one small victory every day, and that feels pretty good.
  • 1201april
    1201april Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is going alright so far, I made good protein choices to keep me full for breakfast. Lunch will probably be a lite salad, and dinner will be shameless....nachos. But I know I'm going to eat junk today for dinner, which means I'll eat lighter the rest of the day! And If I weren't so sore, I would work out. But man, I can barely move!!
  • 1201april
    Options
    My day 3 went well. :)
    Though I had a heavy breakfast and lunch, but they were protein rich and by the end of the day, I'm under my calorie goal.
    I did go for a walk today. 40 minutes total. So, all in all satisfactory. :)
    Do fill me in with all your day end reports.

Nice job! It must be warmer where you live, it was 15 degrees F here :D
  • 1201april
    Options
    I think one day at a time is the best way to lose weight. Of course we all have our end goal, many months from now, but I have found when I think about the future it's much harder to stay in the moment. If you take it one day at a time, stay on track and exercise that is one small victory every day, and that feels pretty good.

So true! I get caught up in the grand scheme of things, and get overwhelmed. One day at a time, with small goals in mind, is the way to go for most people. I am looking forward to hitting 160, because my mini reward is to get a manicure :)
  • caseyblack922
    Options
    Definitely IN! feeling motivated!!
    My goal for December is to track my food everyday and to exercise at least 3 days per week for 30 minutes!
    WE GOT THIS!!
  • 1201april
    Options
    Definitely IN! feeling motivated!!
    My goal for December is to track my food everyday and to exercise at least 3 days per week for 30 minutes!
    WE GOT THIS!!

That's a pretty similar goal to mine! My goal keeps evolving, but #1 priority for me is to log every single day. Mind if I add you to my friends to keep us accountable? :)
  • Magggs_
    Magggs_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    1201april wrote: »

Nice job! It must be warmer where you live, it was 15 degrees F here :D

Yeah! I'm in India and its quite warm here. Quite like 60-70 degrees F.
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    So yesterday, that is Day 4 was good for me. I was just around my calorie goal, just few left. Plus I got a vigorous walk in. :)
    As for today, Day 5 has been nice. Under my calorie goal, though I need to make some more healthier choices. But well who's perfect! :throws hands in air:

Is it just psychology, or is my workout t-shirt really a bit loose. :wink:
    Tomorrow is my rest day, so I'll try eating more balanced.

How are you girlies. :)
  • efischer90
    efischer90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Day 6 was my rest day. Though overall it was active. Just a tiny bit above my calorie goal.
    Good news is, I'm visiting my folks tomorrow. Not that it's fitness related, just too excited! :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    So I had not weighed myself in 5 weeks and I mustered up some courage to do it today. The scale was different, so I'm not sure if I've actually lost 3 kgs/7lbs. But atleast I'm on downward trend. :)
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but count me in! I fell off my fitnesspal wagon during thanksgiving, but I've been on here logging since the beginning of October and got right back into it after the Holiday. I'm doing some evil Jillian Michaels workouts alternating with elliptical. I don't always stay below the calories, but I've been doing pretty good. I lost an initial quick 5 lbs, but I've stalled. I think I'm swapping muscle for fat right now so the scale isn't moving. I did measurements at the beginning of October and I'll measure again at the end of December. I really hope there will be some progress on the scale soon. I'm hanging in there.
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    I'm late to the party but count me in! I fell off my fitnesspal wagon during thanksgiving, but I've been on here logging since the beginning of October and got right back into it after the Holiday. I'm doing some evil Jillian Michaels workouts alternating with elliptical. I don't always stay below the calories, but I've been doing pretty good. I lost an initial quick 5 lbs, but I've stalled. I think I'm swapping muscle for fat right now so the scale isn't moving. I did measurements at the beginning of October and I'll measure again at the end of December. I really hope there will be some progress on the scale soon. I'm hanging in there.

Wow! Congrats on your progress so far! And I must say, I'm impressed with your positive attitude. We can do this. :)