Replies

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 with 80-100 to lose.
  • runJIBrun
    runJIBrun Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im close to yall too :) i graduated from college 2 years ago, and work full time at a desk in front of a computer..

24 (will be 25 in may...nooo)
    5'5"
    sw: 160 (and some change... its been a while now)
    cw: 138
    gw: 125-130

I run 4-5 miles a day, love 5ks (ive placed in a few but looking to place higher), going to work on a half marathon for the spring and signed up for the Warrior Dash which is a mud run/obstacle run. I also take body pump and would like to see my muscles grow more.. so after the half marathon in march, I'll probably up my calories a little. I'm doing iifym and at 1655 (why i have that odd number..who knows) feel free to add me :)
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is me, I am 25, working a 9-5 desk job, and trying to lose weight before I get married in July! Anyone can add me if they like. I've been (unintentionally) maintaining for the past 2 months and really need to start losing again!

My Stats:
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest weight: 166lbs
    Current weight: 146lbs
    Goal weight: 120lbs
    Calorie target: 1280-1350 per day
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    [
    amy0louise wrote: »
    Hi all!!!

I'm 27, almost 6 ft (5, 11 exactly) and i'm trying to get back to my early 20s weight of about 145!

SW - 169
    CW - 159
    GW - 140-145
    Calorie target - 1210 but I usually eat about 1000 n lots of water

I am very skinny at the top, but booty and thighs needs to go..at least a bit of it. My weakness is sweets but I have learnt to love the sweets in fruits more so i'm making progress.

I started trying to lose weight late October and I mostly run, since I'm in South America with fantastic weather :)
    I am also a student, grad school, but i'm off for the year so I'm trying to shape up mind and body before I return next year.

Excited to meet u ladies, I need some motivation and some gals to keep me accountable!

Hello!! Thanks for the add!!
    Oh yeah I know the feeling-- I'm far too skinny on top but all my weight goes straight to my middle/bum/thighs (but have very narrow hips?! strange, strange body).

I have a real sweet tooth too! I think with sweets even more so than dessert or cakes, because the sugars feel so artificial they really leave you craving more. So they're one of the few things I've tried to avoid completely- I don't trust myself with sweets!
    Totally agree about fruit, I eat so much each day. It's the nice thing noticing your palate change- milk now tastes sweet to me, and fruit is so sweet and juicy! At the moment I'm loving sweet pears and grapes.

Well done on your progress:)
    Oh cool so you're in S America for your year off? What are you doing? Well done on using it to shape up... I had an exchange year last year and I always intended to go running but ended up going out to another party... so you've done much better than me!;)
    Trying to me much more balanced in terms of sleep and a good routine etc now!

Thanks alot, i've really been pushing myself!
    I'm actually here with my husband until he finishes his degree. I live in the USA normally tho so i'm happy to be away for the winter. hahha! I work part-time and do the wifey thing here too but a lot of my focus is on shaping up and catching up on my passions. It's been awesome so far.

I was grounded yesterday (bad baby toe :( ) but I plan to get out running today. I use "runkeeper" app and it's great, if u guys don't use any you should try. I clocked over 100 miles last month and I hope to upkeep it this month...and better my times too!

All the best to you ladies today...in your lives and with your fitness journey!! :D
    Oh nice :)) Glad you are enjoying it!!

OMG I LOVE runkeeper! Has really given me a lot of insight and motivation to keep going with my runs and watch the numbers fall! And it's so clever the way it automatically syncs up with mfp!
    What sort of runs/pace do you atm?
  • tereferee33
    Options
    Hi, i fit here perfectly :smile: 2nd year of law!
    height: 169 cm (5'5'')
    CW: 67 kg
    GW: 63 kg

So just 4-5 kg to shed, I either run or workout on my carpet with youtube ( :smiley: ) or practice horse riding 4-5 times a week.
    Biggest problem is eating though... obviously lots of veggies, fruit, brown rice and pasta and so on, (almost) no sweets, but still i find myself exceeding the daily calorie goal of 1400 :(
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey great, I've added you!! where are you from? Your name seems German!
    Yeah good point about the numbers... good way to find people on here but I agree, just how you feel is more important:)

Yes, I'm german myself, but I'm studying abroad in Hungary at the moment.
    So sometimes you will find german or hungarian food items in my diary :disagree:
  • maddieftaylor
    maddieftaylor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile:

I suffered from an eating disorder for about 6 years until the beginning of this year (obviously it is still hard to get rid of the thoughts associated with eating disorders but I am 1 million times better than this time last year) and I am looking to lose between 10-20 pounds.

Height: 5 foot 4
    Highest Weight: 139 lbs
    Current Weight: 135 lbs
    Goal Weight: 119 lbs (ish)

Before I went to Ibiza in the summer I was working out every morning but have lost momentum since... I have a foot injury at the moment but hoping to start back up again with my Jillian Michaels DVD's once it is better :smile:

I'm also trying to not be too restrictive with food either so as to not spark anything back up again, happy for anyone to add me! x
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    jib7828 wrote: »
    Im close to yall too :) i graduated from college 2 years ago, and work full time at a desk in front of a computer..

24 (will be 25 in may...nooo)
    5'5"
    sw: 160 (and some change... its been a while now)
    cw: 138
    gw: 125-130

I run 4-5 miles a day, love 5ks (ive placed in a few but looking to place higher), going to work on a half marathon for the spring and signed up for the Warrior Dash which is a mud run/obstacle run. I also take body pump and would like to see my muscles grow more.. so after the half marathon in march, I'll probably up my calories a little. I'm doing iifym and at 1655 (why i have that odd number..who knows) feel free to add me :)
    StDenis89 wrote: »
    Hello! This is me, I am 25, working a 9-5 desk job, and trying to lose weight before I get married in July! Anyone can add me if they like. I've been (unintentionally) maintaining for the past 2 months and really need to start losing again!

My Stats:
    Height: 5'2"
    Highest weight: 166lbs
    Current weight: 146lbs
    Goal weight: 120lbs
    Calorie target: 1280-1350 per day
    Hi, i fit here perfectly :smile: 2nd year of law!
    height: 169 cm (5'5'')
    CW: 67 kg
    GW: 63 kg

So just 4-5 kg to shed, I either run or workout on my carpet with youtube ( :smiley: ) or practice horse riding 4-5 times a week.
    Biggest problem is eating though... obviously lots of veggies, fruit, brown rice and pasta and so on, (almost) no sweets, but still i find myself exceeding the daily calorie goal of 1400 :(

hello all of you! I'll add you :)
    What pace do you run at jib7828?
    Congrats on the engagement StDenis! I sit at a desk all day too atm, just not getting paid for it just yet haha. One day soon, hopefully!
    And I feel for you tereferee... from what friends of mine have said, law has such a demanding workload, so you're doing really well to watch your eating as well as doing all that study!
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Hey great, I've added you!! where are you from? Your name seems German!
    Yeah good point about the numbers... good way to find people on here but I agree, just how you feel is more important:)

Yes, I'm german myself, but I'm studying abroad in Hungary at the moment.
    So sometimes you will find german or hungarian food items in my diary :disagree:
    Oh great!!!! :D I am studying German at uni and I just got back from my Erasmus year in NRW, I miss it so much!! Also schoen dich zu treffen :):)

• maria0elisa
    Options
    Hi all :smile:

I suffered from an eating disorder for about 6 years until the beginning of this year (obviously it is still hard to get rid of the thoughts associated with eating disorders but I am 1 million times better than this time last year) and I am looking to lose between 10-20 pounds.

Height: 5 foot 4
    Highest Weight: 139 lbs
    Current Weight: 135 lbs
    Goal Weight: 119 lbs (ish)

Before I went to Ibiza in the summer I was working out every morning but have lost momentum since... I have a foot injury at the moment but hoping to start back up again with my Jillian Michaels DVD's once it is better :smile:

I'm also trying to not be too restrictive with food either so as to not spark anything back up again, happy for anyone to add me! x
    Hi maddie :)
    Well first of all huge, huge well done on nearly a year of recovery!! That's a really great achievement. I have a friend who has suffered from an ED and I can appreciate how hard it is (equally, trying to claim that I fully understand everything you went through... obviously they are very complex and personal illnesses).

Yeah, I guess you just have to be really careful and very self-aware not to slip back into unhealthy patterns of thought? Are you still seeing a therapist or any form of support group for your ED? Might be a good idea to consult them before you attempt to lose weight..?

One of the things I really like about MFP though is that you can treat your calorie allowance as a minimum goal to eat UP to as well... like, you can spend all of your calorie allowance AND still lose weight over time, which might be quite reassuring if you are in recovery.

Anyway yes I'm not qualified to offer ED advice so I'll shut up now and add you!:)
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not in my 20's, but come on 19 is close enough!

SW: 260lbs
    CW: 194lbs
    GW: 185-180lbs

I'm currently aiming for a NET of 1750 calories, I say net as I allow my Fitbit to calculate how far i've walked. I currently boulder 4-5 times a week for 1-2 hours and on those days also cycle around 6 miles or so, nothing too heavy.
  • candacycaesar
    Options
    [
    Hi all!!!

I'm 27, almost 6 ft (5, 11 exactly) and i'm trying to get back to my early 20s weight of about 145!

SW - 169
    CW - 159
    GW - 140-145
    Calorie target - 1210 but I usually eat about 1000 n lots of water

I am very skinny at the top, but booty and thighs needs to go..at least a bit of it. My weakness is sweets but I have learnt to love the sweets in fruits more so i'm making progress.

I started trying to lose weight late October and I mostly run, since I'm in South America with fantastic weather :)
    I am also a student, grad school, but i'm off for the year so I'm trying to shape up mind and body before I return next year.

Excited to meet u ladies, I need some motivation and some gals to keep me accountable!

Hello!! Thanks for the add!!
    Oh yeah I know the feeling-- I'm far too skinny on top but all my weight goes straight to my middle/bum/thighs (but have very narrow hips?! strange, strange body).

I have a real sweet tooth too! I think with sweets even more so than dessert or cakes, because the sugars feel so artificial they really leave you craving more. So they're one of the few things I've tried to avoid completely- I don't trust myself with sweets!
    Totally agree about fruit, I eat so much each day. It's the nice thing noticing your palate change- milk now tastes sweet to me, and fruit is so sweet and juicy! At the moment I'm loving sweet pears and grapes.

Well done on your progress:)
    Oh cool so you're in S America for your year off? What are you doing? Well done on using it to shape up... I had an exchange year last year and I always intended to go running but ended up going out to another party... so you've done much better than me!;)
    Trying to me much more balanced in terms of sleep and a good routine etc now!

Thanks alot, i've really been pushing myself!
    I'm actually here with my husband until he finishes his degree. I live in the USA normally tho so i'm happy to be away for the winter. hahha! I work part-time and do the wifey thing here too but a lot of my focus is on shaping up and catching up on my passions. It's been awesome so far.

I was grounded yesterday (bad baby toe :( ) but I plan to get out running today. I use "runkeeper" app and it's great, if u guys don't use any you should try. I clocked over 100 miles last month and I hope to upkeep it this month...and better my times too!

All the best to you ladies today...in your lives and with your fitness journey!! :D
    Oh nice :)) Glad you are enjoying it!!

OMG I LOVE runkeeper! Has really given me a lot of insight and motivation to keep going with my runs and watch the numbers fall! And it's so clever the way it automatically syncs up with mfp!

Yes I totally love this app...I especially like to see my calories add up! And the connectivity between mfp and my other apps is AMAZIN!
    My runs are a few minutes fast and some slower so I hope as i lose weight I can improve. Some recent runs are
    5.12 miles- 62.7 mins
    2.01 miles- 28.2 mins
    10.16 miles- 144.55 mins
    8.30 miles- 60.10 mins
    7.35 miles- 107.46 mins

Is there a way we can connect on Runkeeper app?
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    joejward95 wrote: »
    Not in my 20's, but come on 19 is close enough!

SW: 260lbs
    CW: 194lbs
    GW: 185-180lbs

I'm currently aiming for a NET of 1750 calories, I say net as I allow my Fitbit to calculate how far i've walked. I currently boulder 4-5 times a week for 1-2 hours and on those days also cycle around 6 miles or so, nothing too heavy.
    Hi!
    yeah the long version of this thread would be "is there actually anyone else on mfp who isn't 45 with three kids" haha.
    Wow you've done so well!
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm not sure how much I want to lose but I have at least 10 pounds until I hit my "goal" I'll reevaluate once I get there.
    My stats:
    SW:255
    CW:168-170 haha
    Height:5 10

:smiley:
  • mrsnealey
    mrsnealey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also in this group! I have been logging infrequently for a few years, but intend to become a little more serious for the next few months.

I am 26 and graduating from medical school in May. I've never had a big problem with my weight -even though I have a HUGE sweet tooth- because I always loved to run. Unfortunately, I actually gained almost 15# training for my first 100 mile race (you wouldn't think you could gain weight running 70 miles per week, but indeed you can!) and lost all of my muscle tone from the heavy cardio load and lack of strength training. I'd like to get back to my pre-race weight and increase my muscle tone before I graduate.

Height: 5'2.5" (5'3" on a good day!)
    SW: 128
    CW: 120
    GW: 115
  • samgoldfish11
    Options
    Hiii, so excited to fit into meet some people with similar goals!

Height: 5'10"
    SW: 185lbs
    CW: 177 lbs
    GW: 165-170lbs

I want to lose about 10-15lbs total. I am taller than average and play college basketball and so I lift a lot of weights; therefore, I weigh more than the average girl of the same height as me. I'm super into eating healthy and working out, but with my crazy schedule as a college athlete, it can be hard to stay disciplined.
    I work out 6-7 days a week for two hours of playing basketball. Game days are different of course and I also lift and have individual basketball workouts outside of practice. My target caloric intake is about 1700 per day!
  • maria0elisa
    Options

Yes I totally love this app...I especially like to see my calories add up! And the connectivity between mfp and my other apps is AMAZIN!
    My runs are a few minutes fast and some slower so I hope as i lose weight I can improve. Some recent runs are
    5.12 miles- 62.7 mins
    2.01 miles- 28.2 mins
    10.16 miles- 144.55 mins
    8.30 miles- 60.10 mins
    7.35 miles- 107.46 mins

Oh okay great! You've got real variation in there so far for your runs!! Keep it up!!
    I was also gonna ask if you wanted to connect on that app, but on second thoughts maybe I would prefer to keep that account private because of the location tracker on it, sorry hope that's ok!
    BUT i will look out for your runkeeper activities on MFP and we can follow each other's progress on there? :)
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Kaken21 wrote: »
    Hello!
    I'm not sure how much I want to lose but I have at least 10 pounds until I hit my "goal" I'll reevaluate once I get there.
    My stats:
    SW:255
    CW:168-170 haha
    Height:5 10

:smiley:
    mrsnealey wrote: »
    I'm also in this group! I have been logging infrequently for a few years, but intend to become a little more serious for the next few months.

I am 26 and graduating from medical school in May. I've never had a big problem with my weight -even though I have a HUGE sweet tooth- because I always loved to run. Unfortunately, I actually gained almost 15# training for my first 100 mile race (you wouldn't think you could gain weight running 70 miles per week, but indeed you can!) and lost all of my muscle tone from the heavy cardio load and lack of strength training. I'd like to get back to my pre-race weight and increase my muscle tone before I graduate.

Height: 5'2.5" (5'3" on a good day!)
    SW: 128
    CW: 120
    GW: 115
    Hiii, so excited to fit into meet some people with similar goals!

Height: 5'10"
    SW: 185lbs
    CW: 177 lbs
    GW: 165-170lbs

I want to lose about 10-15lbs total. I am taller than average and play college basketball and so I lift a lot of weights; therefore, I weigh more than the average girl of the same height as me. I'm super into eating healthy and working out, but with my crazy schedule as a college athlete, it can be hard to stay disciplined.
    I work out 6-7 days a week for two hours of playing basketball. Game days are different of course and I also lift and have individual basketball workouts outside of practice. My target caloric intake is about 1700 per day!

hello hellooo add away!! :):)
    mrsnealey-- I know what you mean about being used to relying on your fitness levels to take care of your weight and then losing it and realising you're gonna have to put some effort into eating well too ;)

sam- wow that's a lot of training! cool:)
  • candacycaesar
    Options

5.12 miles- 62.7 mins
    2.01 miles- 28.2 mins
    10.16 miles- 144.55 mins
    8.30 miles- 60.10 mins
    7.35 miles- 107.46 mins

Oh okay great! You've got real variation in there so far for your runs!! Keep it up!!
    I was also gonna ask if you wanted to connect on that app, but on second thoughts maybe I would prefer to keep that account private because of the location tracker on it, sorry hope that's ok!
    BUT i will look out for your runkeeper activities on MFP and we can follow each other's progress on there? :)

Ahhh...I hadn't thought about that! Absolutely no problem then we can stick to mfp!
    As for my runs, I always do a minimum of 1 hr/5 k but the 2 miles were to take me over 100k for last month. I did it on a bad toe too so it wasn't pretty.lol I normally just do what feels right with my body but I rest wkends so I try to do most on mon-wed and less later in the week when my body feels beat. I'm resting for my workout in a few. Catch u guys latrrr!
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm glad!!
    Yeah it's so tough- I'm happy with the rest of me but it seems to be the last place I'll lose! Gotta keep up with it though...!

I'll be done around the 15th which will be nice! Yes I'm a bit concerned about Christmas as it will be my first year watching my weight over that period!!

So I think my plan so far is to have 3 complete days off (but still logged!) 24/5/6, and then I think I'm going to just aim for maintenance around the rest of those two Christmassy weeks (especially those strange days between Xmas and nye ha).
    I think this will be more achievable than expecting myself to stick to normal calorie goals? And this way I'll hopefully not blow it completely...

What are your strategies?! Would be very interested to know!

It always seems to be the last place I loose too, it sucks!

I'm planning to not count on Christmas or Boxing day, my birthday is also a few days after that so I wont be counting that day either, but every other day will just be a regular day :)

Are you planning any extra exercise for those weeks?

----

So what does everyone do for work/study? And what do you all like to do in your spare time? :)