Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    CGreen177 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was rude :) It *does* make me feel old though :D

getting out of bed or up out of a chair makes me feel old....groooaaannnnn
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm doing New rules on lifting for women then onto SL or Strong curves. I lift 3x a week feel free to add me. :)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »

I can tell when a lotion has alpha hydroxy from the smell of it and then I'm like "get on my face." OLLLLD

Mods please change thread title to "weight lifting OLD ladies"

I keed I keed, please don't flag me for hijacking o:)

• FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hey! I'm 28, I love lifting, I was going to do SL but I decided to do Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 instead because I liked the added accessory work :smile: Feel free to add me

Ok, I need to see this program, only because of the name.

After every lifting session you need to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's or you aren't following it properly. ;)

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

No idea where he came up with the name but it did pique my interest. I'm doing the cutting version, so far its ok. I miss spending more time in the gym but I've continued losing and had to up my calories today because the program is making me hungrier. I thought it was a good transition from my own program to a strength program.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    Jennloella wrote: »

I can tell when a lotion has alpha hydroxy from the smell of it and then I'm like "get on my face." OLLLLD

Mods please change thread title to "weight lifting OLD ladies"

I keed I keed, please don't flag me for hijacking o:)

lol...get on my face! Yes, Dr Perricone is my friend. As is Icy Hot
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Holla.

<---Baby guns checking in....with my walker and all...haha. :p

I'm 31 like to lift and I'm slowly getting back to where I was after I stupidly hurt myself in June.
    Feel free to add me.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hey! I'm 28, I love lifting, I was going to do SL but I decided to do Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 instead because I liked the added accessory work :smile: Feel free to add me

Ok, I need to see this program, only because of the name.

After every lifting session you need to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's or you aren't following it properly. ;)

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout

No idea where he came up with the name but it did pique my interest. I'm doing the cutting version, so far its ok. I miss spending more time in the gym but I've continued losing and had to up my calories today because the program is making me hungrier. I thought it was a good transition from my own program to a strength program.

I actually just looked up this routine- I like- I may start doing this on Monday!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    23 years old and I've just re-started SL5x5
    Did it for a while last year and really enjoyed it. I finally have a proper gym again and am giving it another go :)
  • CGreen177
    CGreen177 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »

I am kind of funny, maybe. I am also honest. Add me if you eat food (enough food) and lift and are super cool (or just think you are).

Not super cool, love food, vacillate from OCD to can't be bothered (nothing in between), and from the UK (So most of my US friends find me a bit 'funny') ...

Think I am now close to my goal - in OCD mode right now trying to finally lose that stubborn last few pounds before Xmas, and literally started stronglifts 5x5 this morning.
    - Feel free to add me though :D

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP no rudeness, glad to be your friend. :D
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, and I lift 3 nights a week and log consistently. Feel free to add me.
  • lollitakennedy
    lollitakennedy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I am 60 and have have always exercised but have been lifting for 4 years every day. 5x5 30 reps at a time For the past year I added J Michaels exercises boy did that tighten everything up.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, 7 weeks into Stronglifts 5x5 & just started to lift triple digits. Love it! I think lifting is the fountain of youth. I could probably use some alpha hydroxy lotion, though :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    awww :( we have to be in our 20s :(
  • musclegirl50
    musclegirl50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group buuuut I'm in my very early 50's. I lift 6 days a week and I've just started the Bill Phillips Back To Fit 12 week trainer and I love it. Now if I have to be in my 20's to join and that opt me out...:-( I completely understand.