Need a good hard slap in the face? Find out where you are on the global fat scale.

Replies

• I can't find the calculator. All I can see is it just talking about the calculator but I can't find where it is to input my info.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Guess I'm moving to Tonga.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member

Your numbers
    Obesity Index
    22bmi
    BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is
    National
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 76% of females aged 15-29 in your country (India)

I blame it on poverty and malnutrition :s

Global
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 52% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 24,442,402 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population
    You're most like someone from Guinea*
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I just put in my original weight and it didn't even register on the chart! I was heavier than 100% of women in my country and in the world. Which seems pretty accurate since I was always the largest person in the room no matter where I was. Now even after a 130 pound weight loss, I'm still among the top .5% of women in the world for weight. and top 8%for the USA and top 4% for the country I'm living in now. Really puts things in perspective.

• abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Update: I posted this to my Facebook page just to see if anyone would calculate their measurements for themselves; a few hours later one of my friends from school who happens to be an exchange student from the UK messaged me and said:

"That calculator that you posted this morning really sucked...but I felt way better about myself when I altered it to say I was from the US."

:s
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    my bmi is 23 and says I have a bmi lower than 57% of females 30-44. Im more like females in france. im 29 but rounded up to 30, female, 5ft 5 , uk, 138lbs
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    That actually makes me feel pretty good, lol. 22 BMI... You have a lower BMI than 87% of females aged 30-44 in your country, you have a lower BMI than 62% of females aged 30-44 in the world.

Of course I still think BMI doesn't mean anything.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited December 2014
    Well, as someone who's been morbidly obese her entire adult life, this neither depresses nor surprises me.

It says I have a higher bmi than 100% of the world's females in my age group.

It says I'm from Tonga. I like this, though.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Bookmarking this link to track my progress...
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Update: I posted this to my Facebook page just to see if anyone would calculate their measurements for themselves; a few hours later one of my friends from school who happens to be an exchange student from the UK messaged me and said:

"That calculator that you posted this morning really sucked...but I felt way better about myself when I altered it to say I was from the US."

:s

That's hilarious.
  • Its interesting to see how these work culturally,
    it said mine was 19.1 and that I was below the country average for men my age by 98%
    I am most like someone from Bhutan
    either way, I still have a far way to go.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    edited December 2014
    How do you have a far way to go with a BMI of 19? That's borderline underweight.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm below 88% of women in the USA and below 65% of the world globally and most like someone from Bhutan. "If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 22,346,254 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population."

I would have put myself somewhere in the 50-60% range for the USA, with no clue on the global. I had to look up Bhutan, and now I really want to visit. It looks cool.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    sheldonz42 wrote: »
    I got two 100%s. Does that mean I win? :(

Run it again.
  • bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Wow! That is without doubt the most horrendous reading that I ever did read.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    well , either there's a glitch in the website or they don't have just calculations for my country. First I'm a bmi "0" , and then trying to get a sense of perfect weight for my country I'd have to be less than 35 kg for a 5'2'' frame. Honestly, that's insane and false in my opinion.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    You have a lower BMI than 63% of females aged 30-44 in your country
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    hmm , im not 35 kg , Im about 66 and I'm 162 cm
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Juvenica wrote: »
    well , either there's a glitch in the website or they don't have just calculations for my country. First I'm a bmi "0" , and then trying to get a sense of perfect weight for my country I'd have to be less than 35 kg for a 5'2'' frame. Honestly, that's insane and false in my opinion.
    Clearly it's a glitch. You can't have a 0 BMI. Try running it again? Does it say "perfect weight for your country"? I don't remember that.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Interesting.

Used to be: 39 BMI --> 93% higher BMI than other women my age in the US --> 100% higher BMI than the rest of the world -->Likened to Tonga
    add 179,953,858 tonnes

Now (well, pre-pregnancy): 28 BMI --> 57% LOWER than other women my age in the US --> 79% higher BMI than the rest of the world -->Likened to Bolivia
    add 56,018,359 tonnes

Holy crap that's a huge difference from before.