Which am I?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Got better of course
    What are you talking about??? I'm very confused!!!
    I'm so sorry- this just makes me feel old... and deeply saddened.

watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail instead of Frozen.
    It'll make you a faster runner too.
    Hey, frozen is a good movie!!! But I will watch the movie and get back to you on whether I learnes something or not. Thanks :-)

Is it? How would you rate it compared to say something like Wreck it Ralph or The Incredibles? Or is it firmly in the realm of Sleeping Beauty/Cinderella/Beauty and the Beast?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This is one bizarre thread.

• girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Monty Python is to the 1970's what Princess Bride was to the 1980's. (Have you at least seen Princess Bride?)
    Highly quotable, never gets old, always a classic, never out of style pop culture....

I was trying to think if there are any movies from the 90's & beyond that would make the cut to fit in with these two, but nothing is coming to mind. I know my friends and I quoted Better Off Dead all the time, but I don't know if that was just us, because we were also still quoting MP & PB.

@healthyfitgirl24, go for lightly active and see how you are feeling. You will definitely need to fuel yourself for your workouts to perform your best. Just make wise choices and keep things balanced.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Pulp Fiction, from the 90's, is highly quotable as well.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

_Waffle_ wrote: »
    It depends on how you want to track calories. If you want to track calories from workouts then leave it as sedentary and add in exercise calories on days you workout. If you're going to just have the same calorie requirements every day then probably active.

At any rate just pick one and see how it works after a couple of weeks. You can make adjustments. This isn't a one time selection and you can change it if needed. Just get started.

This is pretty much all you need to know.

Once you have a reasonable method and ballpark figures then you can adjust over time depending on results. This isn't an exact science.

Oh and don't worry about the old codgers quoting Monty Python. T'is nothing but a flesh wound in the grand scheme of things.
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Honestly, the first time I watched it, I didn't quite get the appeal. Some of the guys in drama club insisted on the Holy Grail one. Took some time and watching it later on my own for me to appreciate it more and to finally make it all the way to the end.

Now? hehehe And I may have added some of the newt commentary into the novel I'm working on since my male mc is trying to find a witch. Fun times.

I should probably see Frozen some day just to see why it's so popular. hmmm

My favourites of their feature-lengths will always be '...And Now Time For Something Completely Different' and 'The Meaning of Life'. I feel they capture more of the genuinely weird and wacky humour of the Pythons - Holy Grail and Life of Brian are good, but more along the lines of Mel Brooks' films.

Don't feel too sad old timers, I'm 22 and very familiar with Monty Python, so all is not lost. :)

• greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Monty Python is to the 1970's what Princess Bride was to the 1980's. (Have you at least seen Princess Bride?)
    Highly quotable, never gets old, always a classic, never out of style pop culture....

I was trying to think if there are any movies from the 90's & beyond that would make the cut to fit in with these two, but nothing is coming to mind. I know my friends and I quoted Better Off Dead all the time, but I don't know if that was just us, because we were also still quoting MP & PB.

@healthyfitgirl24, go for lightly active and see how you are feeling. You will definitely need to fuel yourself for your workouts to perform your best. Just make wise choices and keep things balanced.

Wayne's World, Bill and Ted, Big Lebowski...many 90s films.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Forrest Gump
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't confuse activity setting with exercise - that's not how MFP works.
    Activity setting is your job/occupation/lifestyle - so set that appropriately. Only choose sedentary if you really are! As a student I doubt you are.
    When you log exercise you get credited with extra calories precisely because the activity setting doesn't include it already.

If you prefer the TDEE method pick a TDEE calculator and make sure you add in the appropriate number of workouts. Then that's your daily goal and already includes an estimate of your exercise expenditure.

Both methods work but may need fine tuning based on results over time.
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Of course great addition to 90's! Excellent! My mind keeps going to quotes from movies like Godfather, Rocky, Star Wars (original) and various Schwarzenegger movies. I think I need more coffee to think of the more recent stuff... My kids quote a lot of disney.
  • healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply everyone but wow! Track is only 2 days in and I feel absolutely sore but great at the same time. My only problem is now that I have to eat an extra 200 calories I sometimes find it difficult. I have been just eating an extra banana, some Cheerios and other fruits & nuts. By the end of the night I feel super bloated :( any suggestions there?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Wayne's World, Bill and Ted, Big Lebowski...many 90s films.

But... while we quote many of the 90s movies. It's actually TV shows that we quote more.

Friends. Friends and Saved by the Bell.

I quote Real Genius but I get mostly blank stares at that one.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply everyone but wow! Track is only 2 days in and I feel absolutely sore but great at the same time. My only problem is now that I have to eat an extra 200 calories I sometimes find it difficult. I have been just eating an extra banana, some Cheerios and other fruits & nuts. By the end of the night I feel super bloated :( any suggestions there?

Eat a snickers- 200 calories is absolutely peanuts in the grand world of calories.

Secondly- just eat higher calorie foods if you're finding yourself not comparable with what you're eating-

OR eat smaller meals more often.
    8 oz of milk- and 2 servings (real weighed servings) of ice cream gets you well over 200 calories- and it's delicious to boot.

And lets be honest- everyone has room for ice cream.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Got better of course
    What are you talking about??? I'm very confused!!!
    I'm so sorry- this just makes me feel old... and deeply saddened.

watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail instead of Frozen.
    It'll make you a faster runner too.
    Hey, frozen is a good movie!!! But I will watch the movie and get back to you on whether I learnes something or not. Thanks :-)

And - to carry on with the thread jack- no.
    its' not.

its' actually a really horrible movie.

I agree with DB- Wreck it Ralph- great movie- Incredibles- Great movie.
    How to train your Dragon I/II- both great movies.

Frozen?

Rubbish- plus- that fricking snowman is honestly to god creepy.

Ohhhhh someone said Waynes World- man- that is a classic- love that.
    I wasn't as hooked on the Big Lebowski- but I didn't see it till I was older- and I haven't watched it as many times as makes it funny.

pulp fiction will ALWAYS be a win. It's a whole different category though. Still a win.

• dbmata
    Options
    Don't like the pulp fiction, or natural born killers, and big lebowski bored me. *sigh* I do old wrong, eh?

Dragon 1 and 2 is good? Cool, I wanted to see it to see the animation work. A story on top is nice.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I'm just in because this is possibly the most entertaining thread I've read today that didn't devolve into ignorance. And I'm disappointed I missed out on Monty Python quoting.

*silly walks away*
  • dbmata
    Options
    They never expect it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Fetch ... The COMFY CHAIR!!!!!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Don't like the pulp fiction, or natural born killers, and big lebowski bored me. *sigh* I do old wrong, eh?
    tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-what-003017.jpeg

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    also, another highly quotable movie and from the 2000s no less: Super Troopers :sunglasses: