Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 1]

Options
[Sorry, this group is currently closed to new participants. Please check back in mid-June for Round 3!]

Congratulations to all of the lovely Diamonds who made it into the challenge! There are several people hoping that you don't stick to it so that they can take your spot! Don't let it happen! You deserve to finish strong!

So, by now you should be pretty clear on the expectations for this challenge. All of the tools you need are available on the Diamonds in the Rough Profile Page. This includes:

- The FAQ Document (answers to frequently asked questions)
- The link for submitting your weigh in
- How to add the Diamonds in the Rough logo

Please take the time to use these resources before sending me your common questions (i.e. How do I weigh in?). I am happy to help if you have a concern, but like you I work and lead a busy life.

As of the first weigh-in our group weighs 5,535 pounds! I would like us to lose 3% of our body weight as a group, or right around 100 pounds. I know that we can do it!

Please remember that the MOST important part of this challenge is your DAILY involvement. You knew you were signing up for a commitment! ...and those who commit to this challenge truly reap amazing rewards. Feel free to find your own way to communicate with your partner... do you guys like to text? Facebook? YouTube? Do what works for you!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR QUESTION OF THE DAY. ALSO, PLEASE REPLY TO THE QUESTION OF THE DAY! SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW DIAMONDS!

If you have questions about the Question of the Day, check out the FAQ. If you have any concerns, tell me! I'm happy to help!

Next week I will post the 1st list of winning teams! (...and I may just have a few prizes up my sleeve as the weeks move along!)

Question of the Day (Monday): What changes will you make in your life to coincide with the start of the Diamonds in the Rough Challenge

My Reply: I've already started it! I'm working out twice daily again (recovering from a back injury) and am thrilled to be up and at em :-)

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- COMMUNICATE with your buddy and with each other! Answer the Question of the Day!
- Please use the link provided on the DITR profile page to weigh in on your weigh in day.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday.

5645999533_0924bccd84_b.jpg

Replies

• lesiaatkinson
    Options
    @ Question of the day: I'm doing my best to make the right choices went it comes to food (sweets).....
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am trying to increase my workouts this round. Also, I would like to increase my positive thoughts/decrease negative thoughts about myself - this is a very difficult thing for me, but so important for my success.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @ Question of the day Monday :I have started zig zagging my calories because I have hit a plateau.
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @ Question of the day Monday :I have started zig zagging my calories because I have hit a plateau.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    @ question of the day. My immediate goal is to workout 5x a week. 2 days of 30DS and 3 days of Turbo Jam. My 2nd goal is to start limiting my high glycemic carbs/ sugar.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to increase exercise and change it up a bit. I'm starting the 30 day shred (started today), and am adding more strength training. 2nd goal is to always drink my water requirement.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD response.... The change I am making is I revamped my nutrtion plan as of today. This will certainly make a big difference for me. Team 11 Go Pink Go!
  • jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    To coincide with this start, I am incorporating some meditation. I am going to start with just 2 min a day of complete silence and deep breathing. I bought a small clock with a timer that I can keep in my bag so even if its on my break at work i can just sit in my car. I plan on adding one minute per week until I get to 10 min. I hope to be calmer and not so scattered.
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    @ Question of the Day: I've been working at being more active. While I do have Turbo Jam, I also go to the park once a week and play sports with my boyfriend and his friends.
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    QOTD: My main goal is to actually GO to the gym. Our schedules have been so hectic lately that the only exercise I get is yard work or cleaning the house. I've decided to do 60min of cardio everyday no matter what.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Question of the day :
    Answer Will try to goto gym 5 days week used to go only 3 days changing to 5 days hopefully will do it

Kathy go diamonds!!!!!!!!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    QOTD.... My first change is to find ways to incorporate more exercise into my day. With the weather finally starting to warm up, I will try to walk a few times per week in addition to some short exercise videos that I found on line. The second change isn't something that I planned, but it started this afternoon. I have to remove all dairy and soy from my diet as we try to figure out what my DD is having an allergic reaction to....bye bye cheese and ice cream :sad: LOL

Have a good night Diamonds! Go Yellow!!!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I am ending my long love affair with diet mt dew ;)
  • jacks90
    jacks90 Posts: 14
    Options
    Question of the day: I'm starting to workout as much as I can, try and stay away from the sweets and junk foods.

Go Diamonds!!
  • emchen
    emchen Posts: 48
    Options
    I need to stop sneaking chocolate!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I am zig zagging calories to keep my weight loss consisitent.
  • tramik31
    tramik31 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am determined to stay under my daily calorie goal each and not eat back the calories I burned during exercise... GO DIAMONDS! Lets exceed the 100 pound goal! I plan to motivate everyone, especially my yellow diamonds :-D!
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting over my fear of Jillian Michaels and starting the 30 day shred. Also I need to get back into my healthy food pattern bc I have been slipping.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    QOTD: I hope to increase my cardio. Up until 3 weeks ago I was doing cardio and weights 5 or 6 days a week. I am easing my way back into that with this challenge. My goal is 4 solid cardio days at the gym plus 2 additional workouts. Finished my first one tonight. It was painful, but I finished. :smile:

Oh, and I have rid my house of Easter candy and cookies. The other night I was lying in bed thinking about the chocolate bunny downstairs that my son hadn't eaten yet-- that is when I knew it had to go.
  • cburks08
    cburks08 Posts: 7
    Options
    My biggest challenge is to eliminate my late night eating. I barely eat as it is but when i dont eat all day my body gets hungry around the early a.m times. So far im on a sleeping schdule so i wont be up late and im timing my meals.