So ladies, what would a short guy have to do to get you to date them?

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The shortest man I dated was 5'4". I'm only an inch shorter than him. His height wasn't an issue for me. We dated casually. What eventually broke us up was that he didn't drive. He was in his mid 20s. He still lived at home too plus he dropped out of college two semesters before he would have graduated. He had no ambition in life even back then. All of those things affected my impression of him. I was looking for someone who not only could drive but had drive. I'm married to a 6 foot tall man. Yes, his height was attractive to me, but I was really taken by his confidence, humor, wit, values and personality. I could spend hours just talking to him about anything or nothing. We've been married for nearly fifteen years. He has that "IT" factor for me. It wasn't entirely his height, but we just clicked in ways I didn't with any other man before him.
  • Rocket_Man44
    Options
    I'm about 5'5 - 5'6 I've dated tons of women. It's only a problem in your head mate , when it comes to rejection just remember you are fresh out of *kitten* to give. If she doesn't like you move on..NEXT! Plenty of women out there..
  • cuteandfunsized
    cuteandfunsized Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Not much since I'm only 5'
  • laurasuzie3
    laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    600full-michael-j.-fox.jpg
  • laurasuzie3
    laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Double post.
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Lol @ MJ Fox -- It does help when women think you're cute in the first place ;-)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Mark Wahlburg and Tom Hardy are both 5'8 and Tom Cruise is 5'7 I dont think they have any problems getting a Woman to date them! :)

A great smile and personality is the most attractive quality no matter what your height!
  • Uhfgood
    Options
    True for any gender :-)

5'8 and 5'7 are not short by any standard -- at least for guys. I'm 5'4" -- however, like you said smile and personality -- well I only have the smile I was born with, but at least personality is within my control
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    He would need to be confident enough to not think of his height as some sort of dating handicap. Confident in general really. So you're short, so what? It shouldn't even cross your mind. That's how you get it done.

^^^^^ Best answer. I'm a shorty. I date a shorty. In my favorite boots I may be taller than him. All he says is , "Dang, I like those boots!"
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i'm very happy with my relationship, but if i were on the market, i'd look for someone who:

-has their own identity, their own income, their own hobbies. i'm financially and intellectually independent. so, too, should he be.
    -isn't hung up on the idea of being in a relationship. goals and ambitions outside of meeting a girl and living happily ever after are important.
    -outlook on life similar to mine. they need to be relatable, and we need to be on the same page.
    -a compatible sense of humor. this is so important, and also not something you can force.
    -puts effort into his appearance. is aware that i try to look nice for him, and reciprocates.
    -is generally okay with himself as a person. we all have flaws and things we don't like about ourselves, but being insecure about them all the time is super unattractive.

notice i didn't mention anything physical. this is because even if i'm initially attracted to someone for their physical features, if they're not right for me, that puts them off the table no matter what. i actually prefer shorter guys (go ahead and call me a liar, but "generally" doesn't mean "everyone ever"), but i still wouldn't date anyone that didn't click with me.
    I tend to think that those women who've dated shorter guys that "didn't work out" had at least something to do with their height even if just slightly psychologically.
    actually, this is reflective of your own sensitivity about your height and probably also doubles as an excuse for you. you have no idea what is going on in the minds of strangers and to guess is only to project your own mentality onto their experience.

stop blaming your problems on something you have no control over. get a sustainable job, move out of your dad's house, and do something satisfying with your life. if you're out there living a great life, you'll find a lady who respects all of that and doesn't give a **** how tall you are.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @OP - hmmm...going to direct this conversation into rather delicate territory that is also quite personal but I am hoping in doing so that it might help in some way...

I understand that men, in general, at a base level are socialized to associate their personal value to many different aspects that really, have no true merit to a person's value - and yes, us women do it too. You talk of your height in much the same way men talk/feel about the size of their manhood. It is not any secret how many men with smaller 'packages' are tormented both privately and publicly about it. I can only imagine how far-reaching the physchological conseqences of this would be.

But let me say this - the absolute best, most erotic, most physically connected lover I ever had would be considered 'below-average' in terms of the size of his manhood. I would simply see the man and want him. This happened because of our mental connection, his intelligence, that elusive chemistry that most cannot explain. And yes, he was physically fit and quite attractive - to me. He oozed confidence, sex appeal, life knowledge, had a remarkable diverse set of life skills but still was a quiet and humble human being. He simply had his life together. He had his head together.

And that...that is what attracted me to him and kept me to him for almost 6 years. So many other men would have been emotionally crippled with having what most would have considered a significant disadvantage caused by how men are affected by modern socialization issues.

Carpe effin diem... :)

ETA: sorry to use the term 'manhood' as that only seems to compel the exact problem along - I am not sure what terms are allowed on this site.
  • Uhfgood
    Options
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    stop blaming your problems on something you have no control over. get a sustainable job, move out of your dad's house, and do something satisfying with your life. if you're out there living a great life, you'll find a lady who respects all of that and doesn't give a **** how tall you are.

I'm not blaming any problems on anything. I was mostly curious. I haven't had any problems with women, dating, or anything associated -- mainly because I don't know anyone else. You can call that a problem if you want, but all I'm saying is I wasn't merely complaining. I don't date, I haven't ever dated, and I probably never will date -- I'm okay with that -- Even if you see it as a problem.

• EveFlowergirl
    EveFlowergirl Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    be a nice dude
  • Uhfgood
    Options
    @OP - hmmm...going to direct this conversation into rather delicate territory that is also quite personal but I am hoping in doing so that it might help in some way...

I understand that men, in general, at a base level are socialized to associate their personal value to many different aspects that really, have no true merit to a person's value - and yes, us women do it too. You talk of your height in much the same way men talk/feel about the size of their manhood. It is not any secret how many men with smaller 'packages' are tormented both privately and publicly about it. I can only imagine how far-reaching the physchological conseqences of this would be.

But let me say this - the absolute best, most erotic, most physically connected lover I ever had would be considered 'below-average' in terms of the size of his manhood. I would simply see the man and want him. This happened because of our mental connection, his intelligence, that elusive chemistry that most cannot explain. And yes, he was physically fit and quite attractive - to me. He oozed confidence, sex appeal, life knowledge, had a remarkable diverse set of life skills but still was a quiet and humble human being. He simply had his life together. He had his head together.

And that...that is what attracted me to him and kept me to him for almost 6 years. So many other men would have been emotionally crippled with having what most would have considered a significant disadvantage caused by how men are affected by modern socialization issues.

Carpe effin diem... :)

ETA: sorry to use the term 'manhood' as that only seems to compel the exact problem along - I am not sure what terms are allowed on this site.

No problem from me. I understand what you're getting at.

You know in the absence of any sort of an issue about the size of my 'package' maybe I transferred that to my height. How very Freudian of you ;-)
  • AlgoRhythmik
    AlgoRhythmik Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Confidence not cockiness goes a long way.
    Be comfortable in your own skin.
    A joke or two about differences is okay, but guys that are constantly joking about a body part or difference makes me wonder if it's a hang up for them, and therefore a turn off to me.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    be a nice dude

This.
  • Rocket_Man44
    Rocket_Man44 Posts: 896
    edited December 2014
    Options
    <-_->

• Uhfgood
    Options
    Even though this thread is history, I noticed it had 99 replies, so I decided it would be neat to give it a 100th ;-)
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My ex fiance was 5' 3" and I'm 5' 8". I guess I've just never had a problem with it.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Better know how to use his tongue. ... because eating ice cream is important. :D