Bulletproof coffee - I want to hear your stories!

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I like it, just like I like hot buttered rum. It's good for something different.

It's not bulletproof though. I set a mug up filled with it, 20oz of BP lovin'.

Shot it with my .22, kaboooosh. It was messy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    you sir- that's a bloody rubbish way to waste coffee.
    -
    shame on you.
  • dbmata
    Options
    It was a light roast I tried out of curiosity, turned out it was a mislabeled "blonde" roast. WTH is a blonde roast? I don't know, but it's not fit for consumption.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Slasher09 wrote: »
    In the nursing home when people are constipated we give them hot coffee or warm juice with butter.

/thread
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    There's an article in this month's Men's Health about the "Bulletproof" diet. Seems silly to me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    It was a light roast I tried out of curiosity, turned out it was a mislabeled "blonde" roast. WTH is a blonde roast? I don't know, but it's not fit for consumption.

touche'

you were correct in your actions then sir.

I redact my statement.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Weight loss is calories in vs out. There are no "magic bullets"...

Except for bulletproof coffee!
  • bullofheaven
    bullofheaven Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lmfao
    butter + mct oil + coffee = ftmfw

lol i had 800 calories in oil and butter for breakfast
  • zchastain
    zchastain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So..... "bulletproof coffee" is just a fat delivery system for those who can't get enough through food? Huh.

My personal preference would be to eat my delicious fats and drink my coffee strong and black. Why make "bulletproof coffee" when you could just as easily have some delicious black dark roast and a plate of salty, chewy, crispy bacon?
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask for people's experiences myself. I wasn't going to try it for weight loss per se. But David Asprey(sp?) who created it, did so because he felt the brain ran on fats, so adding fat to the coffee 'woke' up his brain. But couldn't that waking up effect just come from the caffeine itself?
  • dbmata
    Options
    my story, it's good.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    JCM1969 wrote: »
    "This time baby Ill beeeeeee Bulletproof" everyone all together now...

That song always cheers me up...most of La Roux's songs do, for that matter.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I need something sweet in my coffee, otherwise it's too bitter. But I'm pretty much addicted to my coffee and Bailey's creamer.
  • dbmata
    Options
    oh btw, it's not bullet proof, couldn't even stop a .22
  • CorriAZ
    CorriAZ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do have an exbf who lost a lot of weight on this but it was because it suppressed his hunger and replaced some of his unhealthy meals. Making a small change like this helped him make other changes to his diet. Before hand, he basically ate Mexican fast food 3-4 times a day and drank a 12 pack of craft beer a night. I've lost touch with him and don't know what other lifestyle changes he's made or exactly how much he's lost.

I personally couldn't stand the taste of the coffee but have always disliked butter.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I tried it for the first time this afternoon. I was going to have lunch afterwards, but I just wasn't hungry. I'm still not, 5 hours later!
    So yes, it definitely fills you up and with healthy fats. It also tasted yummy, and I'm not even a coffee drinker.
    Some people pop a raw egg in it too. Makes it creamier, and no eggy taste. I'm going to try that next.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Raw eggs and coconut oil in coffee? dafuq is going on right here.

I'm going to start mixing toothpaste in my orange juice and add some apple cider vinegar to my milk.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time this afternoon. I was going to have lunch afterwards, but I just wasn't hungry. I'm still not, 5 hours later!
    So yes, it definitely fills you up and with healthy fats. It also tasted yummy, and I'm not even a coffee drinker.
    Some people pop a raw egg in it too. Makes it creamier, and no eggy taste. I'm going to try that next.

lol.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I can tell you aren't a coffee drinker...
    You're ruining it with butter, coconut oil, and now raw eggs...

At least be safe while ruining your innocent coffee:
    http://empoweredsustenance.com/raw-eggs-safe/
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Raw eggs and coconut oil in coffee? dafuq is going on right here.

I'm going to start mixing toothpaste in my orange juice and add some apple cider vinegar to my milk.

Right? It's like we're witnessing total societal breakdown right here in this thread, lol! One more over-the-top coffee add in, and we may be lucky enough to see an actual tear in the space-time continuum and Satan himself rear his head and devour the universe.

Just kidding, folks! Put whatever you want (or nothing at all) in your coffee. Whatever gets ya through the day.