Banking calories..myth or real? If real how to do it?

Options
2»

Replies

• dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, yes you can bank calories. Should you? IMO, no. If your goal is to maintain your weight, you should be eating as many calories as possible to do so, especially given your activity (btw, 1.5 hours of treadmill every weekday is excessive). As stated above, there isn't any praise in undereating. Why adapt your metabolism to lower calories when you can eat more and maintain?
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have been consuming 1500 calories per day on weekdays and 1400 on weekends. Every weekday I'm on treadmill going 3.1 mph at 10% incline for 1.5 hours burning 345 calories and for 1 hour on weekends burning 220. Last night my husband and I went out because he surprised me and I overate 1800 calories so 3300 calories :( would on weekdays I technically be eating 1200 and on weekends if I include what I burned just ate back the burned calories? And according to scoobys workshop http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ my maintanence is 1650 calories. How many calories have I banked and is it ok to eat those back if I saved them up for one day or one weekend?

Not to be snarky but why not move from treadmill to elliptical? I burned 400 calories in 21.5 minutes last night. Just saying. . . . .
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The OP is underweight, please stop enabling her

She needs to be getting help with her obsessive eating disorder

She is a beautiful woman and her life could be so much better if she could get the right help to overcome this

Imagine not actually worrying about this, imagine being strong and healthy, enjoying your marriage, having a family

Take that step and speak to your doctor and get better.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have been consuming 1500 calories per day on weekdays and 1400 on weekends. Every weekday I'm on treadmill going 3.1 mph at 10% incline for 1.5 hours burning 345 calories and for 1 hour on weekends burning 220. Last night my husband and I went out because he surprised me and I overate 1800 calories so 3300 calories :( would on weekdays I technically be eating 1200 and on weekends if I include what I burned just ate back the burned calories? And according to scoobys workshop http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ my maintanence is 1650 calories. How many calories have I banked and is it ok to eat those back if I saved them up for one day or one weekend?

Not to be snarky but why not move from treadmill to elliptical? I burned 400 calories in 21.5 minutes last night. Just saying. . . . .

There is no way you burned 400 calories on an elliptical in 21.5 minutes. That would be almost 1200 per hour.

• neversummer7
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The OP is underweight, please stop enabling her

She needs to be getting help with her obsessive eating disorder

She is a beautiful woman and her life could be so much better if she could get the right help to overcome this

Imagine not actually worrying about this, imagine being strong and healthy, enjoying your marriage, having a family

Take that step and speak to your doctor and get better.

Your very sweet thank you
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

No, you didn't.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    myth...if you want to lose weight or maintain, truth if you want to be in denial
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You, should eat back as many calories as you can. Maybe more.

What? Lol is it bad to bank
    My point is, and as you've been told a bunch of times, you should be gaining weight. You should not he worrying about things like this. You're underweight. It's time to seek counseling.

Truthfully I am not that underweight to eat as much as I want maybe gain 5 lbs tops which could be done in a week lol

Then do it :-) It will take you a week.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I hope she gets help