My arms are skinny--increase volume?

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Because well know that lifting for bigger guns is the # 1 priority for all of us. <rolls eyes>

Wait! It's not?!!? *sigh* back to the drawing board! :blush:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Ok now this thread is getting good. I'm in.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    edited December 2014
    What you need is synthol :)
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Because well know that lifting for bigger guns is the # 1 priority for all of us. <rolls eyes>

People have different goals... For some its to increase strength, some want to lose fat, others may only be interested in muscle hypertrophy... Honestly I could care less about dead lifting 700 pounds and squatting 600, benching 500, but I want to look like I can lol..

• w734q672
    caesar164 wrote: »

People have different goals... For some its to increase strength, some want to lose fat, others may only be interested in muscle hypertrophy... Honestly I could care less about dead lifting 700 pounds and squatting 600, benching 500, but I want to look like I can lol..

Then the solution for you should be synthol :)
  • caesar164
    w734q672 wrote: »

Ewww synthol muscles are nasty bro lol... Only hard work here bro..
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You want your arms to grow? Give them their own day! Superset a triceps with a bicep exercise, doing a total of 3 to 4 exercises for each. For example, start with skull crushers super settled with dumbbell curls; you could the do dips supersetted with barbell curls, and finish with triceps cable extensions supersetted with heavy hammer curls... Give it a try, you'll love the pump from this workout...
    So she should have a full arm workout in between her 2 days of compound lifts? How is that not going to affect her goals in her programming?
    There's 168 hours in one week, if you can't find 40 minutes to dedicate to arms, then don't complain about having skinny arms...my arms are 19 1/2" BTW, how big are yours mrM27?

I work 50-60 hour a week, am working on my master's thesis, and am basically a single parent to a 4yo because of my husband's schedule. Sorry to "complain" about my 11" guns and the lack of time I have to devote to them.

BUT, back to the original point, I'm dedicating a chunk of time Saturday mornings to bi/tri supersets.
  • caesar164
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    You want your arms to grow? Give them their own day! Superset a triceps with a bicep exercise, doing a total of 3 to 4 exercises for each. For example, start with skull crushers super settled with dumbbell curls; you could the do dips supersetted with barbell curls, and finish with triceps cable extensions supersetted with heavy hammer curls... Give it a try, you'll love the pump from this workout...
    So she should have a full arm workout in between her 2 days of compound lifts? How is that not going to affect her goals in her programming?
    There's 168 hours in one week, if you can't find 40 minutes to dedicate to arms, then don't complain about having skinny arms...my arms are 19 1/2" BTW, how big are yours mrM27?

I work 50-60 hour a week, am working on my master's thesis, and am basically a single parent to a 4yo because of my husband's schedule. Sorry to "complain" about my 11" guns and the lack of time I have to devote to them.

BUT, back to the original point, I'm dedicating a chunk of time Saturday mornings to bi/tri supersets.

I commend you for what you are doing! The fact that you go to the gym at all is amazing! I wasn't aware of all you have on your plate.... It all depends how important it is for you, If you really want to, you can make the time; I have no doubt that you will have better arms come the summer time! Try this work out, you'll love it, and your arms will to!

• w734q672

Hard work...and steroids. You can totally get bigger arms with steroids. You know you want them short term gainzz
  • caesar164
    I got stronger on certain lifts, those lifts helped increase my maxes on he bench press and deadlift! Getting stronger on dips, and skull crushers (lying ez bar tricep extensions) will help increase your bench! Developing stronger biceps and forearms will help grip strength and help increase deadlift. So it has its benefits..
  • caesar164

I wasn't saying this about "you" specifically lol, just in general... You have priorities, if its not important then screw it, but if I has some importance, you find a way to get it done, period!
  • w734q672

I wasn't saying this about "you" specifically lol, just in general... You have priorities, if its not important then screw it, but if I has some importance, you find a way to get it done, period!

Totally forget hard work, just use the synthol. You'll look hella manly and buff.
  • caesar164

Totally forget hard work, just use the synthol. You'll look hella manly and buff.

Dude you really aren't adding anything to this thread with the retarded "synthol" comments...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    You could consider checking out Blade's myo-rep concept and slap that on to the end of your workout twice/week and pay attention to whether or not this effects recovery/performance on your main lifts. And if it doesn't, see what happens over a long *kitten* bulk while doing that.

I'd also be curious if you've made any progress in the past 6 months or so. So for example you say your arms are lacking but are they less lacking than they were 6 months ago? If so, your current training volume for arms MIGHT be fine through the current selection of lifts you have.

It might not be OPTIMAL but given that you also have goals of being strong at the main lifts and your time is limited it becomes a matter of prioritizing your training to your goals.
  • caesar164

Hard work...and steroids. You can totally get bigger arms with steroids. You know you want them short term gainzz

You should take your own advice bro, do you even lift? You look like you do your 10 push-ups before bed every night...
  • w734q672
    edited December 2014
    Well, I have added to the thread... just not anything of value :)

• w734q672

You should take your own advice bro, do you even lift? You look like you do your 10 push-ups before bed every night...

Broscience before exercise science. Because testemonials are so much more credible
  • w734q672
    edited December 2014

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014

You do realize people who are on gear still work about 10x harder than the people who aren't.

Secondly
    I commend you for what you are doing! The fact that you go to the gym at all is amazing! I wasn't aware of all you have on your plate.... It all depends how important it is for you, If you really want to, you can make the time; I have no doubt that you will have better arms come the summer time! Try this work out, you'll love it, and your arms will to!

exactly

you didn't know- but you assumed anyway.

But I digress... carry on offering your life expert advice.

We are all ears.
  • caesar164

You do realize people who are on gear still work about 10x harder than the people who aren't.

Secondly

exactly

you didn't know- but you assumed anyway.

But I digress... carry on offering your life expert advice.

We are all ears.

You do realize that synthol is not gear right? Jo rocka I thought we were cool, you know you are on my friends list right?