What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    My doctor has taken me off all diabetes meds!!!

Awesome! Bet that feels good!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Our family tradition is to drink eggnog while decorating the Christmas tree. I had just one small sip, and that was enough! I'm determined to get through Christmas with no blotches on my record. It's exciting because if I can be good in December, I'll begin to trust I can make lasting change.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »
    I returned to my exercise routine today after a few weeks break. I never meant to stop, it just sort of happened. First my knee was stiff, then I was incredibly busy, then it was raining, then I just forgot to plan it.

I had all the excuses playing full volume in my head this morning, but I told them to hush up! It felt somehow liberating to put on my shoes and walk out the door to exercise. I forgot how much
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have a dress hanging in the back of my closet that I absolutely love. I wore it once before finding out I was expecting my now 23 yr old son. Fortunately it is one of those that is classic and doesn't go out of style. On a whim I took it out and decided to try it on, even though I am as of this morning unofficially 13.5lbs from goal (I officially weigh in on Wednesdays).

I not only got it on but it zipped all the way up! It's still a little snug to be comfortable, sitting and breathing would be an issue but IT FIT!!!!!

Good thing I was home alone...the happy dance I did was pretty amusing. I cannot wait until I can wear it comfortably.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have increased my time on the Arc trainer from 20 to 35 mins. I plan to continue increasing until i am up to an hour

• MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My comfy sweat pants, (tight a month ago), slide down a bit now (not off, but definitely noticable to me!). Also, a pair of jeans that I could barely sit down in last month are comfy now.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Out of the 50" waist club!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I did my first Zumba JAM - 3 hours of Zumba after breaking my leg in October.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new pair of jeans in a size I haven't seen in more than 10 years! They fit just a tiny bit snug now so when they start getting a bit loose I can wash them in hot and get more wear. The best thing of all is that they are SKINNY LEG jeans! No more "relaxed fit" for this girl (and I still have 3 more sizes to go down).
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Two different people who are not family or close friends commented on my weight loss this week. Neither had any reason to know I've been working on losing.

The first was the lady who loves my kids at our regular grocery store. Whenever we see her my daughters give her a hug and she chats with them for a bit. This week she looked at me and asked if if lost weight. Then she said I looked "stunning."

Then my daughter's gymnastics teacher noticed my weight loss and said I looked "amazing."
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The man I am seeing told me I am getting bony last night. I am far from bony as I still have 12.5lbs to just get out of the "overweight" BMI range. The last time we dated was almost 9 years ago and I was 20lbs heavier than I am today and he thought I was fine then. But...I think he really likes what he is seeing now even more.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I went to a formal Christmas party last night and wore a pair of 2 inch heels that I wore when I was a bridesmaid in a friends wedding at the end of August when I was 20 pounds heavier. Then, I was only able to wear them for about 15 minutes for pictures and then the 45 minute ceremony. I had to take them off as soon as the ceremony was over because they hurt my feet so badly! Last night, I was able to wear them comfortably for most of the night, only taking them off because they rubbed on my heel and gave me a blister then, it breaking open. This is so exciting as I love heels and have only neglected wearing them because of how much it hurt to wear them and feel like I can start incorporating them into my wardrobe more. :smiley:
    And... at the Christmas party, someone who I haven't seen since I started losing weight came up to me and said I looked, "amazing, " and that she just had to come tell me!. :smiley:
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    My doctor has taken me off all diabetes meds!!!

fabulous ! Well done :smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.- Edwin Lewis Cole
    . . . . . .After a weekend of celebrating, I am ready to get back in the grind. Back on my food plan, exercise plan, drinking water plan. Never thought I would be excited about fitness and being healthy.

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I sent my deployed husband the first picture he has seen of me since I lost 38lbs. His response was worthy of 1000 NSVs for me. I was planning on surprising him with the weightloss but I fit into size 8 jeans and had to show him. He isn't due home for a few more months so I can just surprise him with about 12 more pounds gone and hopefully a tighter and more toned me. ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've reached my 8 glasses of water goal for 3 days running.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This weekend I went to a 90's themed holiday party and that was a bit of a victory in itself because my husband and I didn't know anyone else attending, so it was outside of the usual comfort zone for my anxiety ridden self.

The big NSV for me though, was that my 90's outfit included a fanny pack (LOL) and a photo taken of my torso wearing the hideous fanny pack looked amazing to me, I was in shock. I still have flab but the difference from past to now made me so happy, I felt like it was just a crazy flattering angle, and told my husband "I look kind of thin in that picture!" and he said, "You need to realize that you look that way all the time!"
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I did an hour cardio today which I haven't done since Thanksgiving. I normally do just 30 minutes, bare minimum but today I stuck it out.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Officially out of the obese category according to BMI.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!