Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

That's awesome.

The hard rain sucks- but at least it wasn't blazing hot. I think I'd take that over the blazing hot sun!!

Good job!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I got nothing.

1HWQIPa.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Well done. You should be proud of that time.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Finished in 4:32 and I don't feel too terrible today at all. Just a bit stiff. Hamstrings are a little sore but mostly it's just the quads that are sore. Looking forward to the next one.

Awesome job for a first marathon. I hadn't gone over 13.1 miles prior to my first marathon, and managed to run the first 20 miles before being reduced to mostly walking for a 4:56.

FYI, you're not really sore unless you're going down stairs backwards. ;)
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    well done waffle. 4.32 is a perfectly respectable time.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great job on becoming a marathoner. I did my first on Black Friday and I came to the conclusion that the last 6 miles is like a hangover, where your thoughts to yourself during is why are you putting yourself through this. After a day of recovery, you are seeking out your next.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am running my first marathon at the end of January. Sunday's long run (17 miles) were just awful. The week before I felt great and wonderful...yesterday not so much. I just kept telling myself 3 more long runs....3 more long runs. My body feels fine today. I guess I just had one of those training runs.