For all the 5'5 ladies!

Options

Replies

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2 too! I can't exactly say I'm 5'5 because I'm not, and I'm not 5'6 either, so it puts me in a little bit of a pickle! I'm 132 right now, but have a small frame. It's too much weight for me. So I'm looking to get down to 120 or maybe even 115ish if all goes well. 5'5ers unite!
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 3/4 and I have very short legs and a long torso. My leg is 27" long so I have to by short or petite pants and it is sometimes hard to find shirts that cover my whole torso.

I'm the opposite, short torso and long legs. It's so awkward for me when clothes shopping. Nothing fits right!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yay! I was hoping someone would post about us 5'5" gals! My current weight is 152lbs and my goal is anywhere between 135-140lbs. I weighed 128lbs when I graduated high school and honestly, I looked sick. No way I am ever doing below 130 again. My goal is to tone up the badonkadunk :laugh: and legs mostly. I used to play soccer so I have larger leg muscles but I need to get them back in shape again.

Good luck ladies on your journeys!! Feel free to add me
  • mmiley1111
    mmiley1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 5'5.5. My goal weight is 150. I am currenlty at 184. I have already lost 50 lbs over the last two years but these last 34 are killing me!!!!!!!!!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too! My goal is to weigh 140 (I felt my best there). Currently I weigh 161. Yay for quitting smoking, nah on the weight gain. Let's do this ladies!
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    hey there i am 5'5 too:laugh:
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'5" and have ranged in my weight drastically. When I was in middle school I ballooned up to the 170's and have been about a steady 150 for the past 5 years or so. That's mostly just a guess, though, because I didn't step on a scale (minus the doctor's office) for about 10 years. I always tried to go by how my clothes fit, which I realize now is not a good method to only judge my health by. I'm currently at 140 and am not sure how low I will be able to go. I have an athletic frame and don't know how I will look 10-20 lbs down from now. My goal weight is 120, but I'm going to judge how I look. The first 10 lbs fell off very quickly, but my loss is also slowing down (which is frustrating). I know this is a lifestyle change, not just a quick fix, but I would like to see some results for my work!

Also, I'm getting married in 3 months, so that is a huge reason as to why I'm trying to get in shape right now.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Another 5'5" girl here. I've always loved being THIS height, it is the ONLY thing that I like/accept being "average" on. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5, but with my love of ridiculously high heels, I pretend to be much taller. :wink:

I was a twig in high school and my early 20s, then settled at around 140 or so when I started dating my husband and got married. A little more than I wanted to weigh, but not over enough to fuss about. Maintained comfortably there for a few years, then gained 20# when I became depressed after losing my job and both parents within a little over a year. :frown:

Originally, my goal was 135, but I bumped it down to 130 when I didn't see much change in my body after the first 10 -12 pounds. Currently at 138, and I've seen more changes in the last five than the first 15 or so! :happy:

So at this point, I'd like to shed few more and tighten up a little, but I'm not going to kill myself over it or be in any rush. When I got under 140, I changed my target to lose .5 a week. Some weeks I've lost more than that, some not at all. And that's ok.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeah for all the 5'5 ers! Sw 140 cw 124.5 gw 115-120 :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too...My highest weight was 197 lbs. I am currently 176lbs lost 9 lbs since joining MFP. My goal weight is 140lbs when I reach there I will re-access things...I use to be 120 before kids but I think that was a bit too low for my medium frame
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Another one. I hate this height, regular pants are too long for me and short pants are too short for me. Grr. After high school I ballooned to 186. I had no clue I was that big since all my friends were still bigger than me. I finally saw an unflattering picture of myself and got a clue. I normally rage around 135, but this past winter I went up to 145. I feel disgusting at that weight. I feel the best around 130 and for now that is my goal. Although I'd love to see 125 again.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hey ladies im right there with ya! im 5'5 but just barely lol. My starting weight was 150 and currently i am 131.8 my goal is 125 but right now im trying to work on toning and losing inches.
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" when I wake up in the morning. I think I'm closer to 5'4" by bedtime. :laugh:
    SW 140, CW 130, GW 120-125.
    I know I'm already in the healthy weight range, but I'd like to lose some more size and gain some more muscle for my sport.
    Now I'm mostly looking to get in shape and learn how to eat healthy.
    I used to be too thin and I'm not looking to get back to that, but I'd like to be comfortable in a swimsuit for the first time in years! Not looking for a specific number, just looking to feel good again!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Yay 5'5! Me too! I hate that regular pants are not long enough but longs are too long! I hit my highest on my wedding (Aug "09) at 169...saw my wedding pics and said "NO WAY!" I got down to 139 in early December '10, and then went off to Hawaii. Now I am fluctuating around 145 since January.... I really can't seem to shake these last 10ish lbs! My goal is to be just in 130s. Does anyone believe in a weight that your body will stay at regardless what you do? I am getting the feeling that my body doesn't want to lose anymore... UGH!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too!! 15 pounds to go!! Want to be 155!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow- lots of us 5'5''ers. Me too at 5'5'' and 3/8ths- they're very important, heh. Starting weight was 140, now I'm around 130 (gave my scale away to a friend 2 weeks ago and am trying to see how long I can "weight" it out 'til I break and buy a new one). Goal for me is around 125 I think, or even my weight right now as long as I can lose a bit more fat and gain some lean muscle I'll be thrilled at whatever weight that turns out to be.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    5'5 and 3/4! :) LOVE that I'm not the only one that counts that extra 3/4! lol Starting weight was 156, currently at 141 and goal is 130 but would love to get down to 125 just don't know if I could maintain it. I'm a medium build so I start getting the, "you look too thin" when I get below the 130. Good luck to everyone!! Feel free to add!! :)
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    and to think i thought i was alone! hooray for being 5'5! It's funny, because i always thought that it was super tall. (my mom is 4'11, my dad was 5'3!) its hard for me to think of it as a normal height! I am 115, just looking to maintain, tone up a bit, and be a lot healthier. :D
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I am also 5"5 1/2 and ALWAYS include that whenever someone asks, haha!!!!
    I have carried as much as 170 on my medium frame but also alittle as 120. I am happy and comfortable between 125-130 but like to stay at the lower end. I, like a lot of you, have long legs and short little torso......my waist is practically non existent....and I think that's why I feel I need to lose weight all the time.....always wished for an hour glass figure!!!!
    Its amazing all the different ranges and goals all us 5'5 girls are trying to achieve. Best of luck to everyone!!!!