Dating/Relationships

Options
scottacular
scottacular Posts: 597 Member
I'm not the only one who is completely awful at this, am I? I hope not, single for 12 years...there's probably a reason for that. I think I give off a serial killer vibe or something.

Replies

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maybe. Do you greet people with that look on your face in your picture?
  • scottacular
    Options
    No, I actually try to smile and end up looking like the Joker. I think either looking angry or like a comic book villain might be holding me back.
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    No, I actually try to smile and end up looking like the Joker. I think either looking angry or like a comic book villain might be holding me back.

Haha, you are hilarious. I can't smile I look demented.
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You just need to find the right person who compliments your comic-book-villain grin.

I have no advice on single life, as I was dating my now-husband my sophomore year of high school....nine years ago. We enhance the other person's crazy, and it works.

• yourradimradletshug
    Options
    I have had relationships but they all seem to fail. I have kinda just stopped looking and figure that the right person will find ME when the time is right. I still go on dates but lately I have been meeting a bunch of *kitten* haha.
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I have had relationships but they all seem to fail. I have kinda just stopped looking and figure that the right person will find ME when the time is right. I still go on dates but lately I have been meeting a bunch of *kitten* haha.

You aint been looking in the right place then.....

• yourradimradletshug
    Options

You aint been looking in the right place then.....

I think it is just where I live. I so want to move.

• stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Scotland???
  • catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

haha My life :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Dating and relationships aren't worth the effort. So much effort and all you get is drama.

You're better off waiting to find someone who just wants sex. Meet, having fun for a few hours, then go your separate ways. Repeat once a week.

Either that, or get into kink. That stuff is fun too.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've tried it too, but my wife keeps screwing my my plans LOL
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »

haha My life :)

+1
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Its all about presentation. To wit: SWM seeks SWF who enjoys sunrises, listening to motivational tapes and drinking milk.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I'm so with you on this one... I figure my Cowboy Prince will find me someday. Until then, I'm on a campaign for free dinners. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • catic32
    catic32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

I'm so with you on this one... I figure my Cowboy Prince will find me someday. Until then, I'm on a campaign for free dinners. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha!
  • scottacular
    Options
    You just need to find the right person who compliments your comic-book-villain grin.

Cat woman would be ideal.
    Scotland???

Ohhhhhhhhh I was born there, and only live about 100 km away from the border.
    Dating and relationships aren't worth the effort. So much effort and all you get is drama.

You're better off waiting to find someone who just wants sex. Meet, having fun for a few hours, then go your separate ways. Repeat once a week.

Either that, or get into kink. That stuff is fun too.

I'd take what I can get at this stage, but apparently I'm just as bad at being that person people will have flings with as I am at being that person people will have a relationship with. I'm not exactly lonely as I'm a bit of an introvert and somewhat comfortable being all 'every man is an island and this one isn't served by any ferries'. But it occurred to me at some point I might like to give the being with other people thing a try.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    catic32 wrote: »

Ha!

Sad....

• KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Cat woman would be ideal.

Hell, I might leave my husband for catwoman. Just sayin'
  • scottacular
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hell, I might leave my husband for catwoman. Just sayin'

Just what I need, competition. Drats, I shouldn't have given the game away.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I never dated. I thought it was too contrived, to put on this show that has nothing to do with who you are or how you live. I went out with girls to do things I would do anyway, or mostly met girls out playing sports. That way I knew we had something in common. And I LOVE athletic girls.