Bulletproof coffee - I want to hear your stories!

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    I'm pretty content with whole milk plus a bit of cinnamon in my americano, but I don't get all the hate. Okay, it does sound gross to me, but I can appreciate the concept.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    ok, so if we're not kosher with bp coffee, what if we add rum and a little simple syrup? It's no longer bp coffee, it's now just butter rum coffee.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    ok, so if we're not kosher with bp coffee, what if we add rum and a little simple syrup? It's no longer bp coffee, it's now just butter rum coffee.

sounds equally disgusting to me but I don't drink so yeah
  • dbmata
    You don't drink?

I don't understand what you're saying.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    I love the stuff. I add heavy whipping cream too, for good measure :)

I got a "Produkt" milk frother for three bucks from ikea, and use it to mix it up, instead of dirtying the blender.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    yeah when trying to get in to calorie deficit and stay as satiated as possible you definitely want to start off the day by drinking 500 calories of liquid.

llololoololololololoololololol
  • Roselosingit
    Roselosingit Posts: 4 Member
    I tried it for a few days. At about day 3 I had terrible loose stools and stomach cramps. I loved the taste and it was just as satisfying and number of calories as my normal breakfast. I did 2 tbsp. of butter and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil. But the stomach cramps and quick bathroom runs put an end to it for me.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Illini_Jim wrote: »
    cebzjw5smr8r.jpg

amen. two shots of Jameson, one shot of Baileys, a little whipped cream on the top for extra sweetness. perfection!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Hendrix7 wrote: »
    yeah when trying to get in to calorie deficit and stay as satiated as possible you definitely want to start off the day by drinking 500 calories of liquid.

not sure if serious... but
    not everyone on this site is trying to lose weight.
  • lishie_rebooted
    You don't drink?

Sorry dude.
    I'm a teetotaler. Sunday marks 3 years of no booze (unless it's been in a dish I ordered at a restaurant)
  • Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    I've tried it and I don't mind it. I like trying different things though... I sort of get the idea behind the oil/fats concept and it did make me feel full for quite a while. and it's really not that bad. Its just a creamy coffee. My wife says I did seem perkier after for much longer and didn't have the regular caffiene crash. However, if your on a super low cal intake, it'll eat up a big chunk of your daily intake.

I think it's a better option then the Hydroxy stuff and other manufactured gimmicks. Those things can kill ya quick.
  • dbmata
    603reader wrote: »
    You don't drink?

Sorry dude.
    I'm a teetotaler. Sunday marks 3 years of no booze (unless it's been in a dish I ordered at a restaurant)

Good for you. From observation, that seems a difficult choice to make, and a good one sometimes.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    I don't do butter, but I lOVE my latte with a dollop of coconut oil.....in fact, Imma make one right now!

BTW...I don't consume anything in hopes that it will make me lose weight! Food is to enjoy and nourish....in my humble opinion.
  • lishie_rebooted
    603reader wrote: »
    You don't drink?

Sorry dude.

Good for you. From observation, that seems a difficult choice to make, and a good one sometimes.

I had no issues with alcohol. Just chose to abstain for different reasons lol
  • I tried it for the first time this afternoon. I was going to have lunch afterwards, but I just wasn't hungry. I'm still not, 5 hours later!
    So yes, it definitely fills you up and with healthy fats. It also tasted yummy, and I'm not even a coffee drinker.
    Some people pop a raw egg in it too. Makes it creamier, and no eggy taste. I'm going to try that next.
    That made me heave
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I tried it for the first time this afternoon. I was going to have lunch afterwards, but I just wasn't hungry. I'm still not, 5 hours later!
    So yes, it definitely fills you up and with healthy fats. It also tasted yummy, and I'm not even a coffee drinker.
    Some people pop a raw egg in it too. Makes it creamier, and no eggy taste. I'm going to try that next.
    That made me heave

haha I've only been drinking coffee for 2 weeks, so I'm not a connoisseur! I swapped from drinking lots of milky teas everyday to straight black coffee, which I'm not too keen on!
    Anything that makes it creamier and tastier helps me. I heaved too when I saw people putting raw eggs in their coffee, but many many others piped up saying how delicious it is! So, I'm not going to knock it until I try it ;)

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    I love the stuff. I add heavy whipping cream too, for good measure :)

I got a "Produkt" milk frother for three bucks from ikea, and use it to mix it up, instead of dirtying the blender.

I put heavy cream and coconut oil in my coffee, also use a milk frother. I'm a fan.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    The real stuff gave me heartburn. I tried it at home on fresh beans (not bulletproof ones)and liked it.
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Hendrix7 wrote: »

The entire point is to eat a high fat/low carb diet and eat until satiated and NOT count calories or be at a deficit.