What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    today, I was able to complete all 3 sets of 10s with the 35lb weight. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I just upped the weight nearly a week and a half ago, and haven't been able to do all 3 sets of 10..until today. It was still really tough, but I did them. I also was able to fully complete all 3 sets of 10 pushups and complete all 3 sets of 30 second planks.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my first day back at the gym in a while (like over a week :( ). I decided to try a 3 walk/2 run treadmill session to try and get a better feel for treadmill pacing...had one of the best runs in weeks. I was able to up my speeds and increase my mileage. I also tried a stairmaster for the first time in my life, climbed about 9 flights in 3 minutes and found a new favorite machine.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    1000 steps on the stair treadmill in 16 minutes! Two months ago I could barely to 250.
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1) I no longer dread mealtime. I used to (funny for a fat person to say), but it was because I never had a plan and I always ended up overeating and then feeling bad about myself. I have a collection of go-to recipes on MFP and have stocked my pantry, fridge, and freezer with items that allow me to put yummy (just ask my 4 year old!) dishes together with little stress.
    2) My fittest co-worker just told me she wished that her gym had an AMT (Precor 100i) because she can really see the transformation in my body from using it consistently for the past few months.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am now squatting more than body weight. I did 5 sets of 5 at 175 lbs.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I haven't wore a fat sucker (aka - Spanx) in over a month!!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    What I have read about here and looked forward to happening, happened this week. A pair of pants I bought early Nov. to tied me over for winter are too big and were falling off! I can now fit into the next size down. :) I truly didn't expect this to happen for another couple of months! I'm set with jeans for the next size down but after that, you know I'm going shopping!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was able to clean and squat double 20 kg kettle bells! (That's a total of 88 pounds - 44 each.)
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies yesterday and didn't have a pop or popcorn. I had water and pistachios, that totally fit in my calories for the day.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitou_Incline
    Doing that this past Friday (12/12) for the first time since I broke my ankle coming off that back in May 2013. It was a HUGE victory and yes I teared up when I reached the top step. It's nice to be back in shape again. I had gained 35 pounds after my injury and just recently lost all the weight plus a few more. My victory picture is my profile pic.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    After falling off the wagon a little bit in Delicious December, today, I curbed my cravings and did not give in to the biscuit cupboard in work. Nor did I eat anything from the big tin of Quality Street. I had a cup of tea, and the craving eventually passed. Need to do that more often! :smile:
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Coworker noticed I had lost weight...and was concerned I was sick. Sweet and aw yeah at the same time.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    stressful day with teenagers I worked with, aware it was stress and not hunger which is a first for me. Being aware is so important to making myself back off the food telling myself this makes it worse not better
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    ordered a couple inexpensive pairs of juniors skinny jeans and dress pants in a size 11 because the brand runs a bit small, and they're a little too big for me.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Since I am within one size of goal (est. Feb.), I bought some bargains in that size today. Nautica shirt (orig. $69.50) paid $20.40; Nautica shorts (orig. 54.50) paid $10.50; Nautica Spring jacket (orig. $89.98) paid = $26.99; THAT IS $213.98 for $57.89!!!

This NEVER happens in the Big/Tall stores – you pay through the nose even for junk!

Gone from a size 60" to 38/40" depending upon brand.

73641431.png
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I tried on a pair of jeans i have been waiting to fit into. I tried them on and they fit!!!! Will be wearing them Christmas!!!!!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I completed week 6 of Zombies, Run 5k today! Since I was at work, I had to run on the treadmill, and I absolutely HATE the darn thing! However, I got it done, and had some of the goodies that were brought into work today. Yep, today's exercise was completed simply so I could eat some delicious treats.
  • TheDoughnutTheif
    TheDoughnutTheif Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I got my HRrest back down into the forties and my VO2 max up to 48.
  • czabs
    czabs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought a size 9 jean!!!! down from size 15.... :D
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Saw my mum on Friday and she said she couldn't believe the difference my diet had made! Also, as of today, my BMI says that I'm 'overweight' rather than 'obese'. Happy days!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!