What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I swam 140 lengths yesterday (3.5km). It's only the second time I've been swimming properly in the last 2 years so I'm pretty proud that I'm getting back into it so quickly!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    l9ahic7sgsks.jpg

I need this skirt in my life so badly....
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I need this skirt in my life so badly....

I'd been wanting it for so long. I got it at Hot Topic. They have too much Disney stuff so I feel like I'm in high school again with how often I shop there. :p
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I actually zipped up my winter coat (instead of just kind of holding it closed with my hands in the pockets). Timely due to the weather and an NSV!

Nice! I had to buy a new coat for this winter. My old one was fitting me like a garbage bag. It was getting up there in age as well, so it was time for a new one.

My NSV was going in for my latest check-up with the doctor and the lab results came back with really good numbers. My cholesterol has dropped 70 points (from 199 to 129) since I started trying to get healthy back in March and I'm no longer pre-diabetic! I also had a prostate check and that came back normal.

There were a few things still above the normal range (CO2 and Urea Nitrogen) but not by much and the doctor wasn't very concerned with it. All in all, I left the clinic feeling on top of the world.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Chose a pear from the goodie pile in the break room instead of the fudge etc.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My NSV: perfecting single jumps in jumping rope class at the gym! Even though I'm pretty sure I just died doing it... So close to almost throwing up or passing out so many times during the 25 min class.... Finally, after going 3 other times beforehand and only being able to skip rope, I'm so proud of myself for making the class and finally getting the jumps done the way they should be done!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I need this skirt in my life so badly....[/quote]

Too cute!

Today I had the left side of my mouth scraped and deep cleaned and I'm too exhausted to work out. My NSV is I am not beating myself up about it. Yeah, I'm a bit obsessive.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a belt I wore back in high school, 20 years ago. When I started in January the ends didn't even meet, at all. Now I'm on the first hole of it--only three more to go!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have 3 this week, my wedding ring won't stay on and I went down another size in clothes and my diabetes blood sugars are all normal!
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Played a full hour of ice hockey scrimmage today, first time in 10 years. A year ago couldn't walk an hour !
  • marmatune
    marmatune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Said 'no' to both donuts AND pizza today, and ate my lentil stew and orange instead.
  • victoriaalice40
    Options
    Fudge, cookies, and all kinds of Christmas goodies at work (right outside my office) and did not partake in ONE. yeeehaawww!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Am now bench pressing nearly twice the weight I started with, and I can really almost do an actual pushup with correct form. Oh, and last week I had my measurements done again and my body fat % is now "high" which is a far sight better than "very high." Working on getting to "normal" for the first time what seems like forever.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    #1 My watch is loose, and keeps slipping around to the wrong side of my wrist.
    #2 I ate only a fraction of one cookie from a box that was given to me. I gave the rest away.
    #3 I'm wearing XL now instead of 1X! Finally able to shop in Misses instead of Women's.
  • rgdelacruz43
    rgdelacruz43 Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    155 days ago, I wouldn't have imagined that I would be able to:

-Fit into medium sized clothing (from XXL)
    -FIt into size 32 pants (wearing size 38 at my highest weight, size 36 when I first started using MFP)
    -Feel good about myself.

This is because of all the people that continues to inspire me in MFP :smiley:
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I can do a plank! I've had a 30 day plank challenge pinned on my Pinterest board for ages that I've always wanted to do… but last time I tried, I couldn't even get up into one… much less hold it. And Day One requires holding for 20 seconds. Tonight I was able to do one and hold it for the 20 seconds… D@mn near killed me (I was shaking by 18 seconds), but I did it!
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is a weird one. My sister came over on Tuesday night and we were working on a computer graphic project for fun. My husband, who had been down in his man cave working on one of his gasoline powered tools, comes up to the computer area wielding two fancy beers. The old me and my sister included would have been VERY excited to grab a beer. The funny thing was, he just kinda stood there waiting for the "Awesome, tanks!" And it just wasn't happening. After an awkward minute or so, he said something like "I guess you guys don't want these.". I said I didn't want to drink on a Tuesday, but thanks. That was some serious willpower. He was VERY offended and a bit pouty the rest of the evening, but I didn't care because I didn't drink a bunch if empty calories and alcohol always makes me lose my control when it comes to eating too. I can't tell you how often the man sabotages my daily plans. I don't blame him though, there will always be temptations, it's up to me to be strong. This day I was strong.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love reading these. You guys are awesome!

My most recent NSV is that I signed up to run a half marathon at the end of March. A year ago, I would have never dreamed I'd be planning to run a half. Over the last year or so, it's become something I added to my bucket list. And I'm healthy and fit enough now that I signed up. I begin training today (was supposed to do it last night, but work and sunset put a halt on it).
  • onelentilatatime
    onelentilatatime Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Today - realizing how much more productive I am at work. Turns out that eating a huge lunch and falling asleep in my chair wasn't great for productivity. Whereas being fit and eating heathily definitely is.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!