What TRULY Gets under your Skin? Just Really ERRRKKSS You?

Options

Replies

• maggymae78
    maggymae78 Posts: 305 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    People who approach my dog without asking me first. He is young and we are working very hard on teaching him not to jump on people. When idiots just walk up to him, I don't have a chance to contain him. This goes double for people who let their kids run up on him. Then they get pissed at me when my dog jumps on them.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i hate the feeling of wet cotton, i get the same reaction as nails on a chalk board...it is completely awful. People interrupting also irks me, ticks my son off too, my husband interrupts my son all of the time and my son becomes a little rage monster. going to have to work on that one with him to practice keeping calm.
  • HillSlug98239
    HillSlug98239 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    People who end nearly every written sentence with an exclamation point. Seriously, people, what's wrong with the utilitarian and perfectly functional *full stop*?
  • maggymae78
    Options
    People who end nearly every written sentence with an exclamation point. Seriously, people, what's wrong with the utilitarian and perfectly functional *full stop*?

I had an English teacher once who said there are only a few times when an exclamation is really needed: "She/he said yes!", "It's a boy/girl!", and "I got the job!"
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks a cleanse is anything other than a marketing gimmick.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    Benjinkan wrote: »
    ATM Machine....you are being redundant!
    This!

PIN number
    PAT test

AAArrrghh!

Right?! I work for a finacial company so when I hear these things it drives me INSANE!
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    pdank311 wrote: »
    "I seen that" makes me want to put my fist through a wall.

Ditto!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Autocorrect. I like the underlining spelling function, just hate it when it autocorrects something into a different word. If I don't catch it before I post, I worry that people will think that I truly don't understand the difference between "different" and "deferent", and that everything I say after that will somehow lack credibility.

It can also lead to offence. I remember a thread about bras where someone mentioned something about the OP's shrinking bra size, it got autocorrected to brain size, and the OP got quite upset. It was pretty funny, actually.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The threads that ask something about the person above you or below you...especially the ones like "slap spank hug kiss blah stupid blah" and the ones that end in "TRUTH!!!" lmao at the creator for thinking anyone is going to answer with any more truth than they would otherwise.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    people who don't watch their children in public! It's like hello?? Do you watch the news?? People steal these tiny humans! Plus your kids breaking stuff! WATCH THEM!!

OMG YES! I see kids running around like crazy here sometimes and the parents are just ignoring them. I watched a kid run smack into one of our big pane windows....I had to stifle my laughter (before I get hate mail HE WAS FINE!) but dear ol' mom wasn't watching him. OH and the people who leave their kid in here to run to their car for a "quick second" Umm I am not a dang babysitter! I love kids don't get me wrong but I don't get paid to watch your children.
  • maggymae78
    Options
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    people who don't watch their children in public! It's like hello?? Do you watch the news?? People steal these tiny humans! Plus your kids breaking stuff! WATCH THEM!!

OMG YES! I see kids running around like crazy here sometimes and the parents are just ignoring them. I watched a kid run smack into one of our big pane windows....I had to stifle my laughter (before I get hate mail HE WAS FINE!) but dear ol' mom wasn't watching him. OH and the people who leave their kid in here to run to their car for a "quick second" Umm I am not a dang babysitter! I love kids don't get me wrong but I don't get paid to watch your children.

My first job was at a Chuck E Cheese and I can only say YES!! A Thousand times over, YES!!!
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When people don't press clear after using the microwave when there is time left.
    I get unnecessarily angry at this. Especially when somebody intentionally pulls their shiz out with 1 second or so left. If this happens a few more times I might unplug the zapper and chuck it at the culprit.

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    When someone scrapes their utensils on a plate and it makes a screeching noise. It hurts my teeth. Nerve shocks in my tooth roots. And before anyone asks, yes, I go to the dentist 2 times/year, and they say everything is fine. I just have really sensitive teeth...to sounds mostly.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Gum smackers, loud chewers, people who spit into a bottle (OMG EW!!!), bare feet, people who don't use deo, people who sweat all over the gym stuff and don't wipe it down (DOUBLE EW!!), eyebrow, lip, facial piercings in general (if you're not under the age of 21 take that *kitten* out!!), the sound of yarn when its chewed (I was a kid who chewed on my blanket until my mom made one with yarn, traumatizing!!!), and canned salmon (another childhood traumatizing event!!)!!!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Girls that think it's my obligation to put the toilet seat down...

My boyfriend thinks this whereas I DO NOT believe it is up to the men to lower the seat, women need to be mindful too!! Hmpft...don't cry for equality and expect this! LOL
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Misogyny, especially the rampant misogyny on these forums.

Referring to "girls" when you mean "women".

Telling women they should shave, as though female body hair is wrong because some man doesn't find it attractive and women exist solely for him to judge attractive or otherwise.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    LianaG1115 wrote: »

My boyfriend thinks this whereas I DO NOT believe it is up to the men to lower the seat, women need to be mindful too!! Hmpft...don't cry for equality and expect this! LOL

You, you I like...
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Yeah, what's so wrong with letting that water spray all over your bathroom eh? Why do they even bother put seats and lids on toilets? They are so redundant.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

<3
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    StormiLu wrote: »
    For those horse lovers at the start of the thread. I hate it when folks say "That's not a sport. You just sit there." Grr... I'd like them to try and just sit there and somehow magically fly over the jumps.
    I know right, it's dangerous when ya don't know anything!

Or turn barrels or poles in 19 seconds. It can be very dangerous even when you do know something!

**bah...didn't quote right - I guess we can't multi-quote?**