What TRULY Gets under your Skin? Just Really ERRRKKSS You?

Options

Replies

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    and you totally ignoring the last sentence i said of what really gets under my nerves and only focus on the symptom of it
    nioce

Wasn't trying to undermine what got under your nerves. Was merely adding what (about news) also got under my nerves. my apologies.
  • jessupbrady
    Options
    My own spelling/grammar on forums. I tend to type things out too quickly and post without a review.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My own spelling/grammar on forums. I tend to type things out too quickly and post without a review.

It drives me mad too, I end up editing half or more of my posts because I will notice something that bothers me the second I hit reply. I should really make use of that 'preview' button.

I also hate how long winded many of my posts end up being. I should use twitter or something so I can learn how to commute with less words. I am jealous of the people that can sum up what I was trying to say in one line. :(
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When someone scratches their head like mad while you are talking to them...especially if there is dandruff falling or already on their shoulders.....ewwwww
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    As a copy editor, typos really, really IRK me. But poor spelling and grammar skills drive me nuts. Sometimes posts are painful to read.

This really annoys me too. I'm a teacher and I want to get my green marking pen out sometimes! I teach French, and I figure if I can use correct spelling and grammar in another language, then people should be able to manage in their own.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Girls that think it's my obligation to put the toilet seat down...

Haha I had to use the mens washroom at an establishment once (It's a one person washroom with a locking door) And when I was finished, I put the seat back up with my foot. Hey it works both ways.
    111YoYo111 wrote: »
    That snort and hork and spit thing some men do with boogers in the back of their throat. I could puke.

[Yes fraking gross. I seen women do it too. Not ladies mind you, women.
  • jessupbrady
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    I also hate how long winded many of my posts end up being. I should use twitter or something so I can learn how to commute with less words. I am jealous of the people that can sum up what I was trying to say in one line. :(

I am an avid reader and feel that people who write more usually express themselves and I enjoy those posts a lot more than short one line posts.
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Coffee grounds and bits of soup in the bottom of the sink in the ladies room at work- And I still have to wash my hands on top of it all... yuck! :(

'Used' toilet paper dangling from the toilet seat and falling everywhere. If you have to put it on the seat: you should have to throw it out or flush it too. You put it there to avoid germs....but I get to touch/gag/remove it? :s
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    People who yield the right-of-way in traffic. You're not being polite, you're ******* things up.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Closed minds. The word *kitten*. Rudeness. When people don't press clear after using the microwave when there is time left. Open mouth chewing.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    mastur-bate is starred out? Lamesauce.
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    I thought of another one. When I'm out running and I have to spit (I have to spit A LOT, I have no idea where all this stuff comes from) and I get it wrong if I'm breathing hard and I end up with it all down my chin and my front. Nasty. Even worse if I get it wrong when I'm cycling. I'm going so fast it ends up everywhere. And I mean everywhere. I hate that.

I've just realised I've made myself sound like a bit of an animal. Oops.
    People who spit all the time. lol

• oniwolf382
    Options
    People who don't know how to hug....
    /\ hugs are bull... it should be ll
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    spitting and the word "journey"
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    Benjinkan wrote: »
    ATM Machine....you are being redundant!
    This!

PIN number
    PAT test

AAArrrghh!

I'm guilty of saying MFP pals. lol
  • jessupbrady
    Options
    spitting and the word "journey"

But, they are a good band.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    People who yield the right-of-way in traffic. You're not being polite, you're ******* things up.

Any sort of crappy driving really, especially not indicating at a roundabout.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

Any sort of crappy driving really, especially not indicating at a roundabout.

Heh. Or "signaling in a rotary" as we call it stateside ...

• Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    people who don't watch their children in public! It's like hello?? Do you watch the news?? People steal these tiny humans! Plus your kids breaking stuff! WATCH THEM!!

ABSOLUTELY! I'm done being the responsible one that has to watch after everyone else's kids. If they're playing too close to the barbecue or about to eat a potentially poisonous flower it ain't my problem anymore.

I've just taken to saying loudly "Where are you parents" when I can see who they are a couple aisles away! Works wonders!!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    People who bring food into the bathroom at a restaurant! EWWWWWWWW!!!! All those germs just got on your container that you are now carrying, placing in your car, putting on your counter, then into your fridge where your other food is. Food in the bathroom in general, including gum.