having trouble with breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Steel-cut Oatmeal and milk with wild blueberries and pomegranate (160 calories); or a banana (calories depend on size) I eat baby size& Skinny Pineapple Tidbits Fruit Cup no sugar added 4 OZ. (30 calories); Bowl of fruit cleaned the night before and just grab from refrigerator; Leftovers from dinner (I have no rules and will grab a few ounces of chicken breast; Fruit/cheese; Lean Cuisine Canadian Bacon egg white & cheese (180 calories); Micro egg beaters & have with slice of toast – I’ve done these and many others in under 5 minutes. Just some ideas.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Oh, if you have a crock pot and like steel cut oats, you can put them on at night and have them in the morning. Very tasty.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been eating 1-2 cutie's in the morning along with a serving of trail mix. It's something that easy to eat on the go. I peel and pull apart the cutie's the night before and toss them in a ziplock bag. I can easily eat that on the drive to work. And I also just toss a serving of the trailmix in a ziplock bag and I can eat it on the drive as well.

I also will eat this at my desk in the morning, while going through emails and checking voicemails.

I've also done the smoothie route. I get all of the ingredients ready the night before, and then blend them together. In the morning it takes about 7 minutes to make and clean up.
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Wake up a little earlier (15 mins) and make a smoothie!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Mornings are sooo hard. It DOES get easier when the kids are older, I promise! But it will be a few years.

I keep sausage and egg muffins in the freezer. Google "individual breakfast casseroles" to get you started, and then you can adjust to your taste and needs. Mine use eggs, browned and drained sausage, and bis quick-type mix. They are easy to cook, and they freeze and heat really well in the microwave in about one minute.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just eat first thing. Takes only 2 or 3 minutes to eat something simple over the sink.

The rest of the morning has inertia of its own and will all fall into place. Breakfast won't, so if you just wait for it to happen all on its own, it won't.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    hamoncan wrote: »
    Just eat first thing. Takes only 2 or 3 minutes to eat something simple over the sink.

This. Why not grab something quick before waking the kids up? Or something you can eat while you're driving? A protein bar or banana can be eaten with one hand. A protein shake can be thrown together and shook up in less than 2 minutes. I usually eat cereal, or cottage cheese and a banana.
  • LouisAlfieri1971
    Options
    FiberOne 90 calorie cinnamon crumb cake bars are my go to in a hurry breakfast. I love them. They're healthy and taste amazing.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you do for work.
    I work in an office and skip breakfast every day. My first feed is around 10am (right before I start getting hangry and kill a co-worker) and even then it is usually 100-200 calories. Lunch and dinner are my bigger meals but if you look at my diary you will see I eat pretty constantly.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I give myself 15 minutes to wake up and get out of the house. I eat my quest bar (breakfast) on the subway platform before I get on the train. Don't think too hard about it.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    breakfast smoothie/fruit for me every day! The Naked smoothies are good if you need it to be premade. I make my own as well, from recipes I find on Pinterest. I prepackage/separate the fruit/veggies so all I have to do is dump a baggie into the blender with some almond milk/greek yogurt and blend! Super easy, and then I sip throughout the morning. It fills me up easy!

Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Breakfast DOESN'T have to be something that has to be prepared. The body doesn't distinguish what it consumes and digests..................it just does it. Fruit and a bagel, bread, etc. are the easiest to grab and go from my experience (although for a long while now I've skipped eating breakfast).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of oat banana cookies at the weekend. It's just mashed up bananas mixed with equal parts oats. Form them into patties, bake for 20 minutes and they're done. I top them with peanut butter for a little more protein. They keep just fine for a few days in tupperware and make for a zero fuss breakfast in the morning. You can add raisins, cherries, whatever to the mix to make it a little more exciting. It's really helped me to always eat breakfast, even on days when I'm in a huge hurry and eat it on the go.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I buy a 48 pack of granola bars from BJs and eat one when I get to work. Easy to grab and go and only 100 calories per bar.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 5 instead of 6. I know waking up earlier sucks, but that's what I have to do in order to get my two boys ready and get myself fed (and husband) fed.

Or, you could make something quick. Like a banana and coffee or an english muffing with and egg, cheese and ham, and eat in the car on the way to work. I do that sometimes too.

Are you not allowed to or unable to eat at work? That's another option. A lot of times I'll eat a banana and coffee in the car on the way to work. Then at work I'll make some oatmeal or yogurt and eat at my desk.
  • dejareedubose
    dejareedubose Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    thank you guys so much for your help I think I will try some freezer options and granola bars as well...and about eating at work I can not to that because I am a nurse so when I get to work I am getting the rooms ready for patients and then checking them in but I will definitely grab some fruit as well