Wii Fit Weekly Challenge

Options

Replies

• Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Got 13 minutes of boxing in today - none yesterday though. I had a 3.6 mile walk/run for the March of Dimes. I am not a long distance runner, so I maybe did a mile of running out of all of that. I wore my HRM, and burned 620 calories in an hour!!! And my thighs are screaming at me still!

I did over an hour of boxing for the week, but I wish I had the time to do more! I actually got really good at the expert level!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Yesterday did housecleaning for 150 minutes, that was
    my exercise for the day.

What is on for this week?
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    oooo extra day to complete Boxing !!!!! gotta hit the Wii !! HURRY !!!!! before she post the next challenge..LOL
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE STARTING MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011

+=+=+=+=+ ONE HOUR or more of WII FIT Hula Hoop +=+=+=+=+

Get those hips swayin'!! :) Feel free to incorporate this into your regular workout routine in any way that suits you -- all in one go, a few minutes a day, anything goes! Also, it's up to YOU as far as whether you'd like to make this ONE HOUR each DAY or ONE HOUR for the entire WEEK, whatever suits you and keeps you motivated.

Stop back here and let us know how/when you complete it, and encourage others to complete it as well!

A huge WELCOME to all our new members -- I love that this challenge is still going after all this time. LOVE it! I know I don't say a whole lot each week and I really haven't had much time for my own Wii fun (though I intend to get to Hula Hooping this week!), but I really appreciate all the support and encouragement you have all offered one another through this thread. Keep up the GREAT work! :)
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joined MFP recently, but this challenge thing sounds like fun! I'm in!
  • scgma
    Options
    honestly...it is toooo much fun !!!
    Soooo we are hula hooping...hmmmmm ... di I tell you how bad I am at this !!! YIKES !
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Darn, will have to bow out of this one, I have only a month left till I deliver, and don't want to over work my abs. Good luck to everyone else, though! :)
  • scgma
    Options
    pick an exercise and I will challenge you to it with my hooping!!!
  • Improvised
    Options
    Well, Free Stepping would be a challenge for me, I haven't done that in a while. I could use 1 lb weights with it to make it more difficult.
  • CSM01
    CSM01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today I did 50 min on Wii Fit plus and it said I burned 168 cal! That was a lot for me, never done more than about 40 mins in one day before. Included in that was 3 min hula-hoop. I'm sure if I remember I could do more hula-hooping this week! It's actually one of my favourite games on it and one that I am best at.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hula Hooping
    Boxing
    Basic Free Run - 20 mins. 168 cal.

Dance 2 - 16 mins.

When you don't do Hula Hoop for a while you really get winded.
    Have to get around the ring again. Hopefully my score will be better tomorrow.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yay Hula Hoop - will do tommorrow
  • scgma
    Options
    Well, Free Stepping would be a challenge for me, I haven't done that in a while. I could use 1 lb weights with it to make it more difficult.

:0) you are on!!!! Total steps!!! I will start in the am !!!
  • scgma
    Options
    Hula Hooping... ok ...2 black eyes last week...weak knees this week !!!!!
    3470 hoops..10 minutes...53 calories!!!
  • scgma
    Options
    Anyone else, not walking straight????
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So my last challenge here was boxing.. ouch it's been a while!

But I am now ready to accomplish another challenge.. especially that I'm kind of hitting a plateau!

Hoola Hoops here I come!
  • Improvised
    Options
    Hi! Just did ten min of Free Step = 832 steps. :) Doing that instead of Hula, since I'm preggo.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I want to get in on this. I need a excuse to pull out the Wii. So we have to get in a hour of hula hooping in this week? Does it run Monday-Sunday?
  • CSM01
    CSM01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    45 mins on Wii Fit today, including 10 mins of hula hoop.
  • Improvised
    Options
    Did another 10 minutes of Free Step, 822 steps.