1000 pound club

Options

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    My first thought was "1000lb club??? There's a club now for the super morbidly obese???"

Then I read more...

Wow.

Impressive.

Do you have a job or do you just spend every waking moment in the gym? Or maybe you work at the gym... which is very convenient for workign out I would imagine.

Either way... Kudos to you for the dedication it took to get where you are. Good luck on your test!
    my thoughts too LOL

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    zipa78 wrote: »
    I'm aiming for this during 2015. Well, in metric, so 450 kg, but I'm sure I can stretch that to 455 to go over an imperial ton. DL 200 kg, squat 150 and bench 100 and that's that. My calculated 1RM for those lifts are around 160, 150 and 90 at the moment, so hitting the target shouldn't be an impossible feat by any means.

Wait until that first time you pick up 200kg. First it's, wow... cool, then it's #$!$ this is heavy!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Sweet McCloud. And for six months, you must be floating. Like on a cloud.

"...like on a cloud." I like what you did there...very punny LOL

In seriousness, I am flying pretty high right now. If I would have had a little more time to recover in between tries, I really think I could have done more. I think I could do at least another 10 on the squat if not 20, another 5-10 on the bench and I've gotten 425 about halfway up on the deadlift before, but I always do it at the end of my lifting days, so I think if I did it at the very beginning I could make it.
    Oh good.. I thought I might have been to sly. lol

Yeah its that feeling you could have always done more that will haunt you. My last tests were the same way, but at the risk of injury or worse, I can (barely) live with it.
  • dbmata
    Options
    The real bugger is when you have a new PR weight but fail JUST BEFORE finishing the rep.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    The real bugger is when you have a new PR weight but fail JUST BEFORE finishing the rep.

That's where I was with trying 255 on bench this morning. I had it at least half way up (if not 2/3) before my spotter grabbed the bar.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Eeeek. I'm a little over halfway there, haha. Maybe in 10 years or so I'll get to

@ ~115 BW (Probably lower? I workout at around 11pm and weigh then.)
    Squat 210
    Bench 105
    DL 215

Wilks : (female) 530.00lbs@115.00lbs bodyweight = 298.97

I've been lifting for about a year, so my goal for the next year is to at least get 3/4s of the way to 1000. I feel so puny compared to everybody!
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    Eeeek. I'm a little over halfway there, haha. Maybe in 10 years or so I'll get to

Squat 210
    Bench 105
    DL 215

I've been lifting for about a year, so my goal for the next year is to at least get 3/4s of the way to 1000. I feel so puny compared to everybody!

That's actually really good! I'm not telling you NOT to go for it, but do have realistic goals. 750lbs at a BW of 115 would give you a wilks score of 423! That would put you up in very elite company where most of the ppl have trained for 4,5,10 years or more.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Feel so puny? No way, you're a certified bad *kitten*. Those are solid numbers.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »

Squat 210
    Bench 105
    DL 215

That's actually really good! I'm not telling you NOT to go for it, but do have realistic goals. 750lbs at a BW of 115 would give you a wilks score of 423! That would put you up in very elite company where most of the ppl have trained for 4,5,10 years or more.
    Haha, well, I'm definitely dreaming, but I realistically know that it's unlikely to get in the 700s in the upcoming year. :P But it's a challenging goal to work towards.

I recently started my first PL program! 3 weeks in and I'm really excited to see where it'll take me. :)

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Retested all of my lifts this morning and am now firmly in the 1000 lb club at a BW of 190.
    Stats from 9/17
    SQ - 365
    BP - 235
    DL - 385

This morning 12/19
    SQ - 405
    BP - 245 (almost had 255)
    DL - 405 (think I could have done more but was running out of time to recover)

Total 1055, Wilks score 312...not bad for only 6 months of lifting if I do say so myself

Nice genetics. I know people who lift for close to a decade and do not come near those numbers. Also they have a very hard time building muscle mass.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

That's where I was with trying 255 on bench this morning. I had it at least half way up (if not 2/3) before my spotter grabbed the bar.

When I would spot my friend on 315 he can show i do not know where this inner strength comes from. That last rep has to be close to 10 seconds. I do not touch the bar until I see him starting to slowly drop the bar. I have seeing this same guy struggle at sticky points people running over yelling at me for not helping just to see him get the rep up.

• McCloud33
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Retested all of my lifts this morning and am now firmly in the 1000 lb club at a BW of 190.
    Stats from 9/17
    SQ - 365
    BP - 235
    DL - 385

This morning 12/19
    SQ - 405
    BP - 245 (almost had 255)
    DL - 405 (think I could have done more but was running out of time to recover)

Total 1055, Wilks score 312...not bad for only 6 months of lifting if I do say so myself

Nice genetics. I know people who lift for close to a decade and do not come near those numbers. Also they have a very hard time building muscle mass.

Thanks! It must be some genetics. My little brother lifted and did cheer leading in HS and got pretty big. I don't know how much further ahead I could be if I started in my teens/20s when my hormones were raging as opposed to waiting until I was 32 LOL.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 wks out from my first meet and trying to gauge my goals; female 135-140lbs. Planned weight class of 132 but may just try the 148 class.

Squat 245 which is actually a 3rm
    Deadlift 315
    Bench 135

695 total

All gym numbers but that means nothing to me until I hit the platform.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    HMVOL7409 wrote: »
    I'm 16 wks out from my first meet and trying to gauge my goals; female 135-140lbs. Planned weight class of 132 but may just try the 148 class.

Deadlift 315
    Bench 135

695 total

if it is your first meet, DO NOT cut to drop to a lower class... just stay in the range you are in and have a great time.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    jlclabo wrote: »
    HMVOL7409 wrote: »

Deadlift 315
    Bench 135

695 total

if it is your first meet, DO NOT cut to drop to a lower class... just stay in the range you are in and have a great time.

^^^^^^ This x2.... Compete at what you sit at naturally, enjoy the day, and work the rest out after that
  • yopeeps025
    edited December 2014
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    current

bench 245
    deadlift 375
    squat 285

total 905 in mid september
    Also done on separate days

Squat 305
    bench 255
    dead 395
    __________+

50 pound total increase in 3 lifts in three months. I guess I will take the little progress I have made.

I need to get my bench up. Tore pectoral excuse is long gone now.

I do not see how y'all do all of your maxes in one day. Someone at the gym did tell me next time to concentrate on more singles then 5 reps and triple warm ups.
  • sdeburca88
    sdeburca88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this diet and lifting stuff.
    Put tried the 3 lifts to max
    In metric:
    Bench 80kgs :(
    Squat 155kgs x 4
    Deadlift 175kgs x4

Never lifted much till few weeks back.
    Small fat man at 82kgs.

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    sdeburca88 wrote: »
    In metric:
    Squat 155kgs x 4
    Deadlift 175kgs x4

Small fat man at 82kgs.

no need to feel like those are not good numbers... with projected 1RM off your lifts you are in the 964lb range... not bad at all for 180lb male that hasnt been strength training very long.

• sdeburca88
    sdeburca88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jlclabo wrote: »
    sdeburca88 wrote: »
    In metric:
    Squat 155kgs x 4
    Deadlift 175kgs x4

Small fat man at 82kgs.

no need to feel like those are not good numbers... with projected 1RM off your lifts you are in the 964lb range... not bad at all for 180lb male that hasnt been strength training very long.

Thanks very much. Ive a lot more in the tank for squat and deadlift.but hit a wall with bench. Triceps too weak.
    But 2015 will be a year I aim big.
    Goals
    Bench - 100kgs
    Squat - 200kgs
    Deadlift - 250kgs
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'd have a party if I hit 200kgs for squat. Good luck.