• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Wow this might actually be perfect! As well as covering tummy bulge. lol
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been looking at those too. I'm wondering if that one will stay where it goes though. I had one similar to it and it kept hiking itself up around my waist as the day went along.

Mine did too with the regular one (plus it was a little too big as I lost weight), but I got one of their "sport" holders with the velcro waist instead of the hooks, and when hiking I can put it up a little higher and tighter so it stays put. I also had it custom made so that one of the pockets fits my phone perfectly (i have the Note 2 whch is HUGE). I go out hiking with the gun, a knife, my fitbit, extra mag, and phone all on that wasitband and basically you cannot tell with a loose tshirt :)
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    I've been looking at those too. I'm wondering if that one will stay where it goes though. I had one similar to it and it kept hiking itself up around my waist as the day went along.

Mine did too with the regular one (plus it was a little too big as I lost weight), but I got one of their "sport" holders with the velcro waist instead of the hooks, and when hiking I can put it up a little higher and tighter so it stays put. I also had it custom made so that one of the pockets fits my phone perfectly (i have the Note 2 whch is HUGE). I go out hiking with the gun, a knife, my fitbit, extra mag, and phone all on that wasitband and basically you cannot tell with a loose tshirt :)

Hiking, guns and knives. We could totes be friends. LOL
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I've used the flash bang holster and it's not too bad for my 38.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I briefly tried a flashbang, but it just doesn't feel right to me. I may dig it out and give it another shot though since everyone who has mentioned it so far loves it.

Lol I would love if this would work for me... sadly the gun sticks out farther than my chest... Guess you have to have a certain "build" for this one to work!

Here is one of my favorites - if tight enough, it conceals VERY well.
    - http://www.amazon.com/Hugger-Classic-Can-Concealment-Holster/dp/B00EP0ZVCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419298742&sr=8-1&keywords=can+can+concealment

Thanks for the idea.. I may have to get me one of these whenever I finally get my permit.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    If you're not attached to your gun, try trading it (at least for every day concealed carry purposes) for a single stack. The thinner 9mm are easier to hide. I've never been large enough to hide a normal subcompact. Even my glock 26 is too large. So I recommend the Springfield XDS single stack 9mm, or (if you want the smaller price tag) the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.

There are some good tips on the blog Packing Pretty. I don't think the blog is still going;but old entries cover a lot.
  • Mediocrates55
    Options
    If you're not attached to your gun, try trading it (at least for every day concealed carry purposes) for a single stack. The thinner 9mm are easier to hide. I've never been large enough to hide a normal subcompact. Even my glock 26 is too large. So I recommend the Springfield XDS single stack 9mm, or (if you want the smaller price tag) the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.

There are some good tips on the blog Packing Pretty. I don't think the blog is still going;but old entries cover a lot.

Been looking at both of those also. I held the Shield and I wasn't a fan of the balance and grip. I wish we had a test range around here. None of our ranges rent firearms for testing. :-1:
  • shellma00
    Options

Been looking at both of those also. I held the Shield and I wasn't a fan of the balance and grip. I wish we had a test range around here. None of our ranges rent firearms for testing. :-1:

That is exactly how I decided what pistol I wanted. I went to a range that let us rent guns and shoot them so that I could decide what I wanted. So glad we did that. My husband had bought me a Taurus 380 and I hated it.. I didnt like the fit. We went to the range and shot quite a few different ones until I decided on my S&W M&P 9C ... I loved the fit and the way it shot. I recommend doing that if you can find somewhere that offers that.
  • Mediocrates55
    Options
    May have to make a drive to Dallas or Lockhart post-holidays. *sigh*
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Yes. I prefer the XDS. I love the grip. And honestly, the little safety features. You should really hold one. Try getting on a forum and asking around if someone will meet you at the range to let you fire theirs?
  • aylajane
    Options

You bet! Tired of hiking alone anyway :) If you are ever in MO... (we get open carry Jan 1! Not sure yet I would do it, but I may not worry about printing as much...)
  • shellma00
    Options

You bet! Tired of hiking alone anyway :) If you are ever in MO... (we get open carry Jan 1! Not sure yet I would do it, but I may not worry about printing as much...)

Where in MO? Im in IL about an hour east of STL...

• aylajane
    Options
    STL.. south county...
  • Bryan190
    Options
    In Georgia, the Georgia Weapons Carry License covers handguns and knives over 5 inches. As long as you have a license, Georgia allows open or concealed carry; so you have a lot of options. I open carry occasionally, but mostly “lazy conceal” (concealed but not concerned with printing) with a belt holster and a shirttail or jacket cover. When I want to deep conceal, I'll use a Smart Carry holster, which works well for men since the barrel is in the valley between the top of the thigh and center high point (keeping it clean here) that is bridged over by normal fitting pants. A not-too-tight belt facilitates rapid draw and helps in hiding the small amount of printing caused by the gun's grip just below the belt. The other pocket on the Smart Carry opposite of the center seam carries a spare magazine.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    AZ doesn't require a permit, however, the laws are different if you have a permit vs if you don't. Also, if you travel and want reciprocity with other states you should get the permit. Again the laws vary by state and not all states have reciprocity, so you have to know the laws when you cross those state lines.
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    quote="Organicgasm;30630737"]
    Yes. I prefer the XDS. I love the grip. And honestly, the little safety features. You should really hold one. Try getting on a forum and asking around if someone will meet you at the range to let you fire theirs?[/quote]

The XDS is perfect. I love mine and have never owned a better personal carry weapon.
  • Mediocrates55
    Options
    Y'all are great. I'll look closer at the XDS too.
    I'll go see my FFL after the holiday and ask if he's got one. Seems like he has one of everything and always lets me borrow.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    OK.....this thread is just fascinating.....I'm not going to venture an opinion either way, I just want to say that I live in Canada.....carrying handguns is illegal, either concealed or not....and for that reason, I've not ever been exposed to this issue and it's so hard to wrap my head around it....it's completely foreign to me.....but I like the pictures of the ingenious holsters to hide the guns.....very imaginative.....Merry Christmas from the frozen north!!!lol
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have a Kel-Tec 9mm,problem with this gun is that there is no safety.So much for having one in the chamber...one bump and something gets a hole in it!
  • JanGlock
    JanGlock Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    Rottified wrote: »
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    I work in a Courthouse. Deal with felons on a daily basis. I carry day and night. I carry on me (most of the time) or in my purse. It's a concealed carry purse with a very easily accessible, built in holster (which also has a lock on the zipper, if I choose to use it). When It's in my purse, my purse is on my shoulder ALWAYS! The Flash-Bang holster seems like a good idea but, It sucks! Good luck getting your hand down your shirt and out without getting tangled up in the collar, etc. Not a good idea. I'd wear an ankle holster first.

Maybe we're thinking of different ones. But the flash bang, attaches at the center of the bra. All the videos shows lifting your shirt and going from under not over.

I plan on becoming a CC soon.

Either way, unholstering is not smooth.

It doesn't look like it would be...seconds count and I don't want to be fumbling around.