Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump on board! My "off" day is Saturdays & today I started week 3 of month one. I LOVE insanity so far. It's tough but that's what I love! If I'm not sweating, getting tired, or don't feel the workout, I don't like it. With insanity I sweat during the warm up! I LOVE it! Today i did Plyo/Cardio circuit and burned over 600 calories.

I'm a little nervous about month 2 but I am really excited to hopefully see results!! I saw that Jatie said that you start really seeing the results of your workouts so I'm feeling better! I didn't take any pictures before I started but I'm going to tomorrow, as well as measurements.

Dig deep!
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oooooooo--Kaaaaaaay, so I did the FT this morning and did NOT kick *kitten* :angry: Then when I turned on the Max Interval video and I saw them jogging :noway: I turned the video off. LOL I can't do them both at the same time, I just can't. What I CAN do is drink like 50 bottles of 5hr energy :drinker: this afternoon and THEN jump on it. LOL (I'm joking ppl...I would never drink 50.....more like 25) Anywho, my FT results are below. They blow chunks so don't be surprised. My pants kept falling down on the switch kicks. Guess it's time for some new ones.

FT 3

Switch Kicks
    35 (FT2: 50)
    Power Jacks
    40 (FT2: 40)
    Power Knees----105 (FT2: 100)
    Power Jumps----26 (FT2: 25)
    Globe Jumps
    9 (FT2: 7)
    Suicide Jumps---17 (FT2: 15)
    Push-up Jacks---10 (FT2: 7)
    Low Plank Ob.----50 (FT2: 44)
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    W.....T.....F was THAT?! I didn't even....I mean at one point I just jogged up and down my flight of stairs because I couldn't even phathom doing another push up anything. Shaun T was smoking some super extraordinary narcotic to come up with that Max Interval crap.

Like this is the thing--it doesnt like make you tired cardio wise, if that makes sense. It like makes your BODY tired. It's almost like when you just want to lay down because your body is tired but you are not necessarily sleepy.

One dude said it hurts so good....at first I thought he was corny as heck, but now that I'm done and semi-dry--he has a point. LOL Good luck to everyone who is working out tonight.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pants falling down! SUCH A GOOD FEELING!

I got to where I was miserable every time I went shopping because it seemed like I always had to go a size up, and when I lost the 50lbs I was ECSTATIC to go shopping because I had to keep doing down sizes! I finally realized I shouldn't buy clothes for a while until I get to where I wasn't spending a lot of money on things that wouldn't fit in a month. :)

My jeans had gotten a little tight but now that I am doing insanity again, they are fitting just as they should! It makes me happy.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did Week 2 Day 1 yesterday. I am already noticing a big difference in my endurance and losing inches. I have to keep adjusting my chest strap cause it falls off while I am working out:) I hope tonite (pure cardio) is a little easier than the first time. Good luck to everyone!
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    Great job everybody!!!! It's an inspiration reading all your posts...it helps keep me going!!!

So 3 days into Week 6...Max Cardio Conditioning....sweet jesus. I feel like I'm starting all over again. I definitley struggle through. I can't complete most of the exercises. But I know this will get better. I just gotta keep plugging away!!!! Keep up the great work everybody!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Round 2, Day 1 Fit Test Results:

Swicth Kicks: 36
    Power Jacks: 36
    Power Knees: 50
    Power Jumps: 20
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 7
    Push-Up Jacks 21
    Low Plank Oblique: 30

Fit Test = Unfit :laugh:
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I kicked off week 2 last night and wasn't sore afterwards( still left a puddle of sweat on the floor). Tonite is Pure Cardio(round 2), will probably need a bucket,mop, and wet/dry vac to soak up all the water.

abouck - way to go on your increased endurance and decreased inches.
    All- enjoy your insanity day:happy:
  • NataliaXtine
    Options
    Insanity was great...just did first day of aylum and it's even crazier... good luck and have fun..Insanity was great!

GREAT job everyone! My start weight 164lbs End: 151 15.5+ inches lost... 4 of those came OFF my waist!
    I graduated Insanity 4/26 and finished Day 2 of Asylum this morning!
    Keep pushing PLAY & DIG DEEPER! it will definitely help the transition if you decided to commit to the Asylum;) You will see a different side of Shaun T, but it will help in the end;)

From the STRENGTH dvd- ‎"If it was up to your physical body to press play and do this workout today, it probably would have said no. But you pressed play anyway... that's where it's all mental." Shaun T
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Honesty Moment #175: I cried like a big fat sweaty baby in the middle of that stupid Max Interval Plyo. Like literally cried and whined because I didnt think my body could take anymore. The hubs was laying on the couch saying "You can do it" and the boy was sweating too saying "You can do it Mommy. You can do it" Luckily the sweat hid my tears and no one was the wiser. I got my *kitten* up and I did it, but I tell you want I almost quit it all.

I almost shut it off, took a shower, drove to McDonalds, got the biggest burger they make, went to the grocery store, bought the biggest slice of chocolate on chocolate cake, drove back home and enjoyed every artery clogging-pound piling bite....ALMOST :indifferent: But I didn't. I just kept on moving with Shaun T until it was over and now I'm about to go and eat my fillet of Cod. :grumble:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Just finished Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Holy cow that was tough. I forgot how hard it was!!!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Honesty Moment #175: I cried like a big fat sweaty baby in the middle of that stupid Max Interval Plyo. Like literally cried and whined because I didnt think my body could take anymore. The hubs was laying on the couch saying "You can do it" and the boy was sweating too saying "You can do it Mommy. You can do it" Luckily the sweat hid my tears and no one was the wiser. I got my *kitten* up and I did it, but I tell you want I almost quit it all.

I almost shut it off, took a shower, drove to McDonalds, got the biggest burger they make, went to the grocery store, bought the biggest slice of chocolate on chocolate cake, drove back home and enjoyed every artery clogging-pound piling bite....ALMOST :indifferent: But I didn't. I just kept on moving with Shaun T until it was over and now I'm about to go and eat my fillet of Cod. :grumble:

lol Good for you for completing it and NOT giving in to the McD's and choc cake!!! I did this same workout today, and I feel your pain! This was crazy! My legs are so sore! Month 2 is making me miss Month 1!!!! Great job and keep it up!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: :ohwell:
    Great job everybody!!!! It's an inspiration reading all your posts...it helps keep me going!!!

So 3 days into Week 6...Max Cardio Conditioning....sweet jesus. I feel like I'm starting all over again. I definitley struggle through. I can't complete most of the exercises. But I know this will get better. I just gotta keep plugging away!!!! Keep up the great work everybody!!!

Glad it isn't just me! Just when I was thinking I was starting to do pretty well and Insanity wasn't totally kicking my butt, Month 2 strikes! I feel like I am starting all over again. Let's hope it will get easier with each workout:ohwell: Great job and keep up the good work!
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options

Good for you on sticking through with it. I could have been so easy to give up.

BTW, the burger and chocolate cake sounds devine right about now. lol
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    Well, week 2 day 2...I am spent. I taught 2 aerobic classes only to come home and do Pure Cardio. I was yelling and cursing at the TV.
    Only 7 weeks and 4 days until I'm done. I'm looking forward to Sunday rest...well, sort of rest. I have a 5k run. At this point I think a 5k is a lot easier than Insanity.:tongue:
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Great job everyone for all your accomplishments with Insanity and sticking with it! Although I have to say, ya'll are making me really anxious about getting closer to month 2! lol. Only 3 more days left in month 1. For some reason I'm back to being sore, which hasn't happened like this since week 1. Probably because I'm able to do more so I'm pushing myself more, but jeez my legs feel like I've been hit by a bus.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    U guys are amazing! and peachtree, u crack me up!

I'm only on day 4 of insanity and so far so good (i've kinda learned to deal with the fire raging in my quads)...
    the only problem i seem to have is the stretching.
    anyone out there get confused with the stretch moves? I follow the entire workout just fine but the stretching, I just cant seem to get it.
    That odd???
    Any tips?
  • casey12105
    Options
    U guys are amazing! and peachtree, u crack me up!

I'm only on day 4 of insanity and so far so good (i've kinda learned to deal with the fire raging in my quads)...
    the only problem i seem to have is the stretching.
    anyone out there get confused with the stretch moves? I follow the entire workout just fine but the stretching, I just cant seem to get it.
    That odd???
    Any tips?

I actually can't do a lot of his stretches like the hip flexor for as long as he does. It's not the stretching part, it's the burning in my thigh part lol. I usually do my own stretches during that that I've picked up from other various dvds.
  • casey12105
    Options
    So call me wierd but the recovery workout is like my least favorite workout. Yes, I would rather do an extra pure cardio than do this lol. It's all about core and balance, neither of which I actually have. I spend half of the time cussing as I topple over from the cat rubbing up against my one leg that's on the floor. I can honestly say that no matter how small I get, I will never be a yoga girl.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Peachtree- GOOD JOB! Keep it up girl, I know it sucks and I know its hard and I KNOW McDonald's sounds so much better than cod, but keep sticking with it! You already have come so far and congratulations for getting back up and finishing the workout! You are really motivating me and I appreciate it so keep it going!

I finished Plyo Circuit today and realized that tomorrow is my "off" day and then next week is Core Cardio and Balance week. F!! That means that I don't ever have to do plyo, pure cardio, power and resistance, or recovery again-INSTEAD I AM ABOUT TO START MAX INSANE CRAZY BULLS***! F F F F F. So yeah, I will definitely need all of your support! :) I have done this before, I can do it again.

....but I remember the pain, the heart attacks (haha not really) and the MAN sweat that comes from me. OK- It is ALL worth it in the end!

My boss noticed I've lost weight ( I am back to what I was when I moved here which was my goal-YAY!!!!) and it made me feel so good. Then TODAY a coworker also said I was looking good and asked if I'd lost weight. It made me so happy! It is comments like that which keep me to stick with a healthier diet and do things like Insanity.

So everyone out there-no matter where you are, how much you weigh, what day of INSANITY you are on, how many inches are on your waist-KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! It all pays off in the end. I have had so much energy lately, I have been SO happy which feels great, and I am starting to look like what I always WANTED to look like! My life just feels good right now and yours can too.