Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. Winter has me very down and out so I'm not sure I'll be posting in here, but I'm still logging and still losing slowly, which is definitely a good thing! I miss you all. I wanted to swing by and say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hopefully I get out of this funk soon!
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi kids,
    I hope today has helped you be successful with your goals. :)
    @Niki: Could you, or someone, explain what an 'all in' challenge is. It sounds fun, and I want to fully understand what I'm doing/how I should do it, etc. Thanks.
    I am all about advance notice! Now is not too soon to start thinking about it. :)
    Oh, and congrats RE: your weight loss.
    @Skinnyjeans: Keep on running....holy smokes...8K Fantastic. Also, great job with your Christmas tasks.
    @Loosaedna: Keep on trucking! You have a great attitude and outlook. Do one day at a time. I am glad you are here.
    @Susan Hello and welcome back. You sound like you have been busy settling into your new setting. Sorry to read about your loss.
    @MountMary: Nice loss...congratulations!
    @GrandmaKaye: Congrats on maintaining the 'sick loss.' Fantastic!
    @LaurieK: Keep checking off those tasks! Sooner or later everything will get done....
    @Saofel: Welcome aboard. You have found a great thread.
    @Aimeemarie: Sending good thoughts your way to get out of your funk. Sometimes it is hard.

AFM: Feeling good today. Went to doctor....cholesterol is high...making adjustments. Had a good loss this week. Wahoo! Any ideas to make 'good fat' better? What foods make sense. I've heard avacados, nuts, help with this. If you don't mind sharing out any ideas you might have for me. Thanks.

Take care of yourselves,
    Mara
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Pretty impressed with all the posting. Hello to the newbies. This is a great place to hang out.
    An assesment is in order:
    Food - not so good, way too many calories, way too many carbs
    Fitness - Great, still keeping up with the minimum 90 minutes/day
    Water - Great, minimum of 12 glasses/day.
    Mindset - some realizations today. I will never have a beach body, i will never be graceful, I will never have finesse. I will always be willing to work hard. I will always be faithful to my family and my core beliefs. I know in my heart that I have what it takes to make it to my goals.

Thank you Robin for the suggestion of a new word for the New Year. That had my attention all day today. I will choose my word carefully.

Merry Christmas to all, I wish you all contentment this holiday season.

Hubby has just brought home my Christmas gift . . . a new kitty. Will post more later.
    Lori
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @cblue315‌ (lori)--aww, a new kitty! How wonderful! I also have some to terms with the fact that I will never have a beach body. A couple of years ago friends and I were rinsing off after mud run, and were down to shorts and sports bras. I noticed one of my good friends (who is really thin) no longer has a bikini belly and I knew in that moment that no matter how much weight I lose, I would need to set the clock back 20 years to ever be comfortable baring my midriff. LOL

@maram29‌ (mara)--to be honest, I'm not really one to watch the type of fats I eat, but those you mentioned are all good, as is fatty fish like salmon. I have hereditary high cholesterol, but how much fat or cholesterol I eat has no impact on my numbers. Medication also doesn't make much of a difference so I no longer take meds. I've found I can keep it in check by watching my carb intake--if I have less glucose in my blood, my body doesn't feel the need to produce more cholesterol. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know if that's true for everyone with high cholesterol, I just know I can keep my level down near 200 through less carbs. Statins never got my level below 220.

@aimeemarie150‌ --So good to hear from you and you look AWESOME in your profile pic!!

@RobinsEgg‌ --you are so right about that fish tank! :blush: And this year it may not get done at all--see my "thumb incident" below.

Tuesday Goals:
    Well in addition to the 75 listed below, I really needed to get presents wrapped and cards mailed. I did both, so that's good.

I also decided to make that tortellini soup, and I almost took off my thumb in the process. I went to dice the onion and forgot that DH just sharpened the knives last week. I pressed down really hard thinking the first cut would take some effort. Well, the the onion slipped right out of the way and the blade slid through my thumb like it was butter. The cut is only about a half inch long, but it's pretty deep. I had a few moments of concern that we would be headed to the emergency room, but I managed to stem the bleeding with some stera-strips and a bandage. It's in an awkward place--not really conducive to stitches--so I bet the ER would've done the same thing. Now I just need to keep it clean to avoid infection. (Hence, no cleaning the fish tank, robin).

DH had to take over all of the rest of the veggie prep for the soup while I lay on the couch feeling a bit woozy. Fortunately, that feeling passed quickly and I finished the soup which turned out really good.

Afterward, I went to the gym and ran 3 miles in 32 minutes which is a really fast pace for me. I've been challenging myself with running for brief stints at slightly uncomfortable speeds--6.5 mph for 2 to 3 minutes at a time--alternated with my comfortable pace of 5.7 mph and even some short walking intervals of 4.2 mph. Seems to be working as my overall times are getting better.

Cleaning Goals:
    1. clean fish tank (ON HOLD DUE TO INJURY)
    2. clean off dining room table DONE(ish)
    3. file paperwork/bills
    4. wash throw rugs HALF DONE and bedding in spare bedroom
    5. vacuum couch (under all cushions)
    6. drop off bag of clothes to GW
    7. clean out shoe basket DONE
    8. sweep/vacuum entire house Kitchen DONE
    9. clean fridge
    10. clean bathroom DONE BY DH

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 21/23 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 6/23 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/16 analysis activities DONE!!
    2. x/66 Tone tests
    3. x/67 AP essays
    4. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

First of all welcome to all the new people. You have found a great group of supportive people in this group. I find lots of help here and I am sure you will too. Stop by often and post and tell us of your successes and stumbling blocks….we all have both.

@skinnyjeans Karen, my goodness. How terrible to have a cut like that on your thumb. I am sure it is rather awkward to work around.

@cblue Lori, WOW a kitten. How cute. Just watching a kitten is always reason to laugh and feel good.

@Maram Mara, as for good fats, what comes to mind to me is olive oil (EVOO), in vinaigrette for salad and just the regular plain olive oil for use in a stir-fry etc....in limited quantities and a non stick pan of course. As someone said fatty fish like salmon or tuna.

AFM: Been a busy day. I am still working on my son’s gift (cookbook "Recipes from Mom's Kitchen"), but making headway. This afternoon I went with DH to follow up cardio visit. He was assured he is fine; it WAS NOT a heart attack and indeed his stress test was better this time. Maybe now he will relax. Actually, he has some origami swans (seven swans a swimming to be exact) to make for a Christmas gift. I believe he has one done.
    The to-do list is long. Christmas dinner is here, with the family, girlfriends, sister etc coming.

I weigh in tomorrow. Sure hope the soy sauce in the stir fry tonight doesn’t do me dirty. Calories were fine.

December Challenge:

Calories under goal: 20/31
    Salad a day: I have lost track.
    Exercise: Dismal

Thanks every one of you for being here.

Barbara
    Mountmary84
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Wow, everything looks so different and weird! Hello I'm back. Again. Turns out one visit to the hospital wasn't good enough for my over achieving boy. We've been in and out of the hospital for the entire n early 3 months we've been home! However, we all believe he is stable now and I've REALLY got to get some of this stress weight off!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I've been very busy today getting laundry done and doing the last minute wrapping and baking so we can spend the day tomorrow with son's family. I even got miss Jane's big pillow done. On the other hand, I also spent the day doing a lot of 'mindless eating'. We did get a good walk.
    Karen, so sorry about your thumb.
    glad to see our new friends coming back.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Just checking in after a rather undisciplined day. Someone brought gourmet cupcakes into work and I just scarfed one up before allowing myself to think about it on the grounds that I never get anything so wonderful to eat. I am so glad this season and all the temptations will be gone soon. Yay!

Hey, Skinnyjeans - here I am, so no, you didn't write to someone who would never be back. But your comment was funny :p .

Niki - thank you for your story: I could see myself doing the very same thing!

Aimeemarie - I hope you feel better soon. I myself am missing sunshine and without it, I just want to curl up with a book and fall asleep. This would be OK, but not at work.

Edna - welcome! I am just starting out on this journey too. Exercise is so important for feeling better; and baby steps will get you where you need to go. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Lori - a new kitty! I love kitties. Can you post a picture? What's the name, color, etc.

Hello other newbies, I'm looking forward to hearing your stories as well; gotta run as the DH is getting restive.

Linda
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people. I hope you keep checking in with us as we move into the new year. This is a great place to find support and encouragement.

Today was a productive day but I did not make it to the gym. However, I will go tomorrow morning for a good workout- cardio and weights. I might run on the treadmill or at least the track. The good news is that tonight I did finish wrapping gifts, cards, shopping and many other little chores. Tomorrow, I will help get ready for Christmas Eve dinner and I think I need to make a cake but then again cookies will work well too.

Toots- I hope everything stays stable for you and that you can avoid the hospital in the new year.
    Karen (skinny)- Cuts on the finger are the worst, hope it heals quickly and that you can keep it infection free.
    Cblue (Lori)- Enjoy the new kitty. I love cats and miss mine everyday.

I wanted to watch the Navy football game tonight but I am starting to fall asleep and they are playing on West Coast Time so the game will end around midnight. To much to do tomorrow to be up half the night.

I can officially say that vacation has started. Whoo-hoo!!!

Have a great Christmas Eve and may you take the time to enjoy the holiday and time with family.

• loosaedna
    loosaedna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Meet 1216 calories yea did it this week. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. As for what I am eating my doctor said to eat 300 calories for the meals and 100 calories for the snacks, So i went out and found foods that are 300 or under and snacks that are 100 calories. Again thank you everyone for the Encouragements.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone … just had to drop back in before going to bed to continue my tale of the candy sleighs.

I did eat 2 more bars as I was making up the sleighs, and I had 8 candy canes, 2 Clark Bars, and 2 Snickers left over after making Santa gifts for everyone who will be at the family gathering for Christmas Eve … even us oldster’s. So … I kept 4 candy canes for home and made 2 Santa bags with the rest of the candy and put them into the Santa’s Delivery Box in case we have unexpected company … they can have them too. I will conveniently leave them under the tree when I go home.

I’ll report my calories now as I know I won’t eat anything else before falling asleep …
    even with the 3 candy bars I ate today, my calories are well under my limit so ….
    my calories are 21/23 ….
    tomorrow is one of the day’s I’d planned that I can go over and still be at my goal …
    and I won’t be reporting in until after Christmas …
    So have a Joyous one if you celebrate it.

NK1112/Niki
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @Maram / Mara … The ‘all in’ challenge is something the group had decided for the month of December. We each chose something we wanted to work on during the month and promised to give it our all … therefore “all in” …. Mine was to get my housekeeping in order because I tend to slack off in that department. I had a second "all in" that I;m doing much better at, which was to cook my own meals instead of eating restaurant food.

Also Mara … You’ve gotten some good advice already about good vs bad fats, however I will add this little bit …. a really good read about nutrition is available from the US Department of Agriculture. You can download it in .pdf format (112 pages) … the web site address is www.dietaryguidelines.gov

The follosing is a quote from an article I have from "Nutrition Guidelines" from the Joslin Diabetes Center & Joslin Clinic (I am diabetic)

There is general agreement that fat quality rather than quantity is important. The total fat intake should be generally limited to less than 35 % of total daily caloric intake

 Saturated fat should be limited to < 7% of total caloric intake.
     Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats should comprise the rest of the fat intake
     Cholesterol limited to <300 mg/day or <200 mg/day in individuals with LDL-Cholesterol >100 mg/dl.

Recommended Fats;
    Mono and polyunsaturated fats (e.g., olive oil, canola oil, nuts/seeds, avocado and fish,
    particularly those high in omega-3 fatty acids). 4 oz of oily fish (e.g., salmon, herring, trout,sardines, fresh tuna) 2 times/week, as a source of omega-3 fatty acids.

Not Recommended Fats:
    Foods high in saturated fat, including beef, pork, lamb and high-fat dairy products (e.g., cream cheese, whole milk or yogurt)
    Foods high in trans-fats (e.g., fast foods, commercially baked goods, some margarines)
    Foods high in dietary cholesterol such as egg yolks, and organ meats.

There is also a very good article on cholesterol from The Mayo Clinic online.
    www.mayoclinic.com/health/hdl-cholesterol/CL00030

Niki
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @edna--great job meeting your calorie goal today!

@laurie--yay that you are officially on break! I know how good that feels! :smiley:

@kaye--sounds like a productive day! Enjoy the family tomorrow.

@toots--so glad you are back with us! Sorry to hear about your boy's medical issues. I forget is it the younger of the 2 who's having these problems? How is the other one adjusting?

@barbara--Glad the follow up was all good for the DH! Yes, the cut is in an inconvenient place. At least it's on my right hand and I'm primarily left handed. However, as with most lefties, I still use my right hand quite a bit. I keep forgetting and picking things up with it--ouch!

AFM--went to starbucks this evening but managed to get no progress done on the grading. Instead, I worked on the book list for my Juniors for their research paper next semester. Trying to refine the options--deleting texts that always seem to give kids trouble and adding a few new options as well.

I'm going to pare down my lists by getting rid of the stuff I've completed.

Cleaning Goals:
    1. clean fish tank (ON HOLD DUE TO INJURY)
    3. file paperwork/bills
    7. sweep/vacuum entire house Kitchen DONE

December All-In:
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/66 Tone tests
    2. x/67 AP essays
    3. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Lori~A new kitty for Christmas? :heart: it! Zoe adopted me two days before Christmas two years ago; she’s the love of my life. What kind of kitty? Zoe is a Maine Coon.

37r1m43thvz5.jpg

@Laurie~Hooray for being on break—wish I could say the same. I’m working three hours today and then have to use PTO for this afternoon and Friday—the joys of working in healthcare. :wink: I hope you are able to get in your workout today.

@Karen~Ouch, that sounds like one nasty cut on your thumb. Several months ago I sliced the top of mine off (in a circular pattern) to where it was just kind of attached by a small piece of skin—it bled forever it seemed. I held it together with steri-strips and then wrapped it really well with self-adhesive bandage wrap (Coban). I kept Neosporin on it too. I hope it heals quickly. Like you I much prefer dark chocolate—lately I’ve been getting 72% cacao Endangered Species chocolate. Yummy!

@Toots~Welcome back! Glad you checked in. I hope the medical issues are leveling off and the boys can enjoy their first Christmas with their new family.

@Aimee~I’m sorry you’re struggling with SAD right now, I hope brighter days are ahead for you soon.

AFM~Working three hours this morning to get some things done, so I’m ahead of the game for year-end. Then I need to make walnut fudge for my dad and a bittersweet chocolate almond cake for Christmas dessert, so a busy afternoon. I’ll head to my parents this evening for our traditional French onion soup for Christmas Eve dinner.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Oh where to begin? I wish for world peace. I thought I would channel my inner Miss America. LOL!!! Remember when that use to be the standard answer to those stupid questions. Silly people. All kidding aside I wish one day we find a cure for cancer. I’ve dealt with it before, but this year especially was extremely difficult and the toll it’s taken on my loved ones. I wish people would live at peace and with not so much hate in their heart. Between all the shootings this year, innocent or not innocent, cops being killed, race relations, the uprising in China, war in general, and the list just goes on and on. I don’t know if we will ever find peace. I’m so thankful for my life and the freedoms I still have in the USA, but it still saddens my heart to see so much evil around us.

Sorry about the soapbox, but while my weight loss and learning how to live this healthy lifestyle is extremely important it’s the other things in life that take center stage for me.

@ Kah (Kelly) – I’m sorry you’re still battling the insomnia. I’ve been sleeping, but not more than 4-5 hours. I think for me once things settle down I’ll be better. It’s been stressful to say the least with the move, new job, Cyrus, etc. . .

@ Slimbluehen – Follow through is an excellent choice. I’m sure all of us at one point would choose those words. I think mine will be similar, but still thinking. If it’s going to be with me all of 2015, I need to really make it stick and work at it.

@ Caseg710, @ Bumblebee, @ Saofei – Welcome!! You’ve found an amazing group. They will support you, but it’s up to you too and logging in faithfully. Try to check in daily if you can. It helps so much!!

@ Skinnyjeanz (Karen) – Savannah is lovely. It’s one of my favorites in GA especially all the hanging willow trees, flowers, homes, southern food, etc. . . I would be game for a race and visiting there again. It’s also fairly close to Charleston, SC, which is another beautiful place too. Also, you always crack me up with your list. I really, really need to start doing that as well. Between work, new house, getting Cyrus ready for a new school, etc. . . I could have multiple lists going. LOL!! Congrats on the run – 32 minutes is awesome! Keep pushing yourself!!

@ NK1112 (Nikki) – PB Salted Nut Roll? YUM! This would definitely be a downfall for me – sweet and salty – yes!!! I love how we come up with cute little ideas thinking that would be cheap and walk out $70 later. LOL!! This is why I have to stay out of Target. I go in for a few things and it’s always $100 later. Not good. Don't even get me started with my pins on Pinterest, which is just my wish boards. I never do anything with them, but they are fun to post. As far as the doctor's appointment, you’ll do fine. I haven’t gotten the chance to read the past post and get to know you better, but any progress you’re heading in the right direction. You’ve got this!

@ AimeeMarie – Hang in there! You’ve worked soooo hard this year and you look awesome!! Get out of your funk and check back in when you can. You know this group is here for you always!! Everything still OK with the bf? I hope all is well.

@ cblue (Lori) – You’ll have to post a picture of the new kitty. I was always impressed with your dedication to your exercise. You’re a great example to me. How’s business been? I now when I was on here before you were slammed. Hope things have settled down a bit.

@ Mountmary (Barbara) – Your son will love the cookbook. A friend of mine who was a business vendor actually shared her family recipe book with me. I still have it after 10 years and always refer to it for special recipes. I love that kind of stuff. Since my son was 4 and now he's 12, I make him an annual yearbook using Shutterfly, Snapfish or one of the online sites. Instead of having photo albums or pictures everywhere I make an album of his year. He loves them and asks about them every year. They also make wonderful gifts to his grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc. . .

@ Toots – I’m so behind on post, but it sounds like you’ve had your hands full. We’ll catch up soon, but great seeing you and can’t wait to read about the boys. I’m with you on the stress weight. Let’s get it off!!!
  • mountmary84
    Options
    WooHOO! I am excited. I am finally back on my ticker. (I lost 1 pound this week) Only on the ticker by 1/2 pound, but I am there. That was my first goal. Done, check mark, complete! It took me 9# to get there. This is slow, but steady, so I am thrilled. Now to stay there through this next week!

Have a wonderful Christmas to those of you who celebrate.

No personals this AM. Santa's workshop is still open and quite busy around here and everyone will be here tomorrow.

I hope the weather is decent to drive the 45 minutes to the beautiful Christmas eve service tonight....right now it is insanely foggy.

Barbara (Mountmary)

PS I agree completely with your "soap box" this morning Susan. There is so much craziness in this world; we are all very fortunate to be here. I hope all of you are where you feel safe and loved.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @barbara--congrats on getting back to your ticker weight! that was my goal by the end of 2014, and I've also been there for about a month. Next step is moving that ticker down--we can do this!

@susan--I also want to visit Charleston, so that would be a great trip. I'm not sure if it will happen in 2015 though. I have a friend getting married in WY in July, and DH and I are trying to decide if we will go. We are thinking it would be a fun road trip with stops along the way, but we are hesitant to leave gunner for the amount of time that kind of trip would take. On the flip side, the thought of flying in and out of a dinky town in WY with no other excursions hardly seems worth the cost. The friend is a former colleague, and though I would love to attend her festivities, she would not be offended if I couldn't make it.

@kelley--love the picture of zoe! I think I've mentioned before that we had a Maine Coon when I was a kid. Such beautiful cats!

AFM--We are heading to DH's sister's (about an hour away) for Christmas Eve. It will be nice to visit with her and her husband without all of the drama of any other family members around. We are just having a casual dinner of homemade chicken soup, so no fear of going over calories today.

I ended up just adding water to my fish tank for now. That needs to come off the list until my thumb heals.

Wednesday Wish:
    That everyone has a healthy and happy holiday. Merry Christmas Eve to all who celebrate!

Cleaning Goals:
    1. sweep/vacuum entire house Kitchen DONE
    3. file paperwork/bills

December All-In:

Grading Goals:
    1. x/66 Tone tests
    2. x/67 AP essays
    3. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

koiwurea41g2.jpg

4zlpmrljyzg7.jpg

Merry Christmas Eve!
    Christmas Eve is the evening or day before Christmas Day, the widely celebrated annual holiday. It occurs on December 24 in Western Christianity and the secular world, and is considered one of the most culturally significant celebrations in Christendom and Western society, where it is widely observed, by Christians and by many others, as a full or partial holiday in anticipation of Christmas Day.
    Christmas celebrations have long begun on the night of the 24, due in part to the Christian liturgical day starting at sunset a practice inherited from Jewish tradition and based on the story of Creation in the Book of Genesis: "And there was evening, and there was morning – the first day." Many churches still ring their church bells and hold prayers in the evening; for example, the Nordic Lutheran churches. Since tradition holds that Jesus was born at night (based in Luke 2:6-8), Midnight Mass is celebrated on Christmas Eve, traditionally at midnight, in commemoration of his birth. The idea of Jesus being born at night is reflected in the fact that Christmas Eve is referred to as Heilige Nacht (Holy Night) in German, Nochebuena (the Good Night) in Spanish and similarly in other expressions of Christmas spirituality, such as the song "Silent Night, Holy Night".
    Many other varying cultural traditions and experiences are also associated with Christmas Eve around the world, including the gathering of family and friends, the singing of Christmas carols, the illumination and enjoyment of Christmas lights, trees, and other decorations, the wrapping and/or opening of gifts, and general preparation for Christmas Day. Legendary Christmas gift-bearing figures including Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Christkind, and Saint Nicholas are also often said to depart for their annual journey to deliver presents to children around the world on Christmas Eve, although until the Protestant introduction of Christkind in 16th-century Europe,[10] such figures were said to instead deliver presents on the eve of Saint Nicholas' feast day (December 6).

“We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

Tom
  • mountmary84
    Options
    What wonderful photos Morgori's. Those are some beautiful children. Grandbabies?
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from the Mid-Atlantic States.

I wish you all the peace and serenity of this season, no matter what your religious affiliations. I, too, wonder why people can't respect one another and treat the Earth we live on and the life around us with respect and compassion.

I feel as though the next couple of days are going to be a time of going within and preparing myself for the challenges the New Year will bring, which means actually defining some goals for 2015.

Kah - Zoe is beautiful!

Have a wonderful day, everyone. May your goals be reached and your dreams be answered!

Linda