Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    @mountmary84 - Those are some of the kids that Amy cares for during the day. :)
  • loosaedna
    loosaedna Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Did really good today got exactly 1200 calories! Don't know what I am going to do for Christmas though I am going to want to have everything but i know i will go over my limit if I do.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We had a lot of fun with Thom's little family today. His boys are so sweet. Timmy (3) is especially full of hugs. Sam (5) is growing up so fast. Jane (11months) is a bit stranger shy, but I did get some loves and she loves her pillow.
    This week, is so crazy for me. I have given myself permission to skip the logging and just kind of go with the flow. Tomorrow Amy is hosting Christmas dinner and I'm making cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast with Cathy's family. Saturday we are having a family game day, finger food buffet, and gift exchange at Cathy's house. I'm trying to be sensible so I won't do too much damage.
    Have a wonderful Christmas, dear friends.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @loosaedna Good job Edna. Most of us are going to relax things a bit with the calories tomorrow, not go nuts, but not get obsessive about it either tomorrow. The important thing is to enjoy the holiday and family etc, and then get right back at it the day after. Watch you portions and eat what is available. Moderation is the key. You are really off to a good start. Good for you. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Barbara (mountmary)
  • mountmary84
    Options
    The "elves" were busy in the kitchen here today. DH made Seven origami Swans a Swimming ornaments and I made the "Recipes from Mom's Kitchen cookbook". Both are gifts for our family gift exchange tomorrow.
    B
    Now this elf is ready to relax.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone. I hope everyone has a beautiful and peaceful day.

Tom- Love the pictures of you as Santa.

Made it through Christmas Eve dinner without over indulging in cookies. The best thing was that I was able to give away 2 dozen cookies today as gifts. One for a neighbor who stopped by and the Dr. for my dad's foot who makes house calls. He stopped by today as well to check on the blister. We are very lucky to have him in our lives.

Today was very busy but at least I managed to get a workout in this morning. Tomorrow, I hope to go for a walk especially if the weather is nice and not raining.

At this point I am exhausted but what else is new. Hopefully, I will get a good night's sleep so I will have the energy to do it all over again tomorrow. Starting with breakfast, at least my brother is making waffles tomorrow instead of me cooking. I am guessing my dad's cousin will be at our house all day so that should be interesting. Let me say, she likes to be waited on just like my dad. Not a good sign and she would love it if I moved in with her. Not going to happen on so many levels. An overnight visit is one thing, living with her is another. She is 88 years old and want a life outside of caring for elderly relatives. It is nice having her visit for the holiday.

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and that you may find the time to take a walk or do some other exercise as you spend time with Family and Friends.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

@mountmary (barb) What a nice pic of your DH swans and your cookbook... aren't your glad they are done! Tomorrow is almost here! I thought I heard sleighbells ringing just a minute ago! Have a a wonderful time with your family. Congrats on your weight loss!

@grandmakaye - your holiday really covers the full weekend - I suppose that's only fair for that's about the only way all your kids and grandkids get equal time with you these days. It sure sounds like fun. I'd love to taste your cinnamon rolls sometime. I miss my Aunt Jean's rolls - she carried them home each Christmas from San Francisco - best ever! Ymmm.

@LooEdna - just relax and enjoy yourself - it a big Holiday - just don't WAY overdo it! Enjoy the people your with and try and feel the love as well.

@Slimblue - yes the days after do present a good time for introspection and reflection. I enjoy doing the same thing.... Happy holidays to you too.

@Morgori - Tom - you have a true santa smile - and Amy would look great in costume as well - those kids look so happy! You must have brought a lot of joy along with you!

@Skinnyjeans - er, I mean, @Thumbless - really, I do feel bad for you! If your'e having trouble keeping bandanges on try liquid bandage - it would pretty good for me on smaller cuts. I'm not sure the size of yours. Sorry it hurts. Have fun tonight.
    I'd love to visit Susan in Charleston too! Take me along!

@Susan - I agree with your soapbox stance. What I really feel bad about with America is that we've progressed so far so fast on gay rights; and yet racism and profiling is still so prevalent everywhere. It is just so unfair. I can't believe the lousy Grand Jury decision in Ferguson.

Another stupid thing going on is our Nebraska Attorney General has decided to sue the State of Colorado for legally selling weed (only in Colorado) because it has caused an increase of approx 250 pot busts on I-80 in 1 year. Oh, give me a break. He's losing his job, and is just trying to get his name out there for national publicity!!! SHEESH! One man's hubris - and he's spending thousands of our state's money just to promote his own name.

Savannah and Charleston sound so lovely. I must get out there one of these years and visit. Maybe for Cyrus graduation, huh? Or when you are promoted to VP of Honey Baked Hams?

@Kah -Kelley - thanks for sharing Zoe again - and enjoy your French Onion soup with your parents - and your Christmas day should be nice too.

@NK - Niki - thanks for answering Mara about the "all in" as well as the break-down of good and bad fats. I'm going to save your post so I have it forever.
    You have a great holiday. I love the description of your efforts making the sleighs and extra's for drop ins. WHen I was young and my family was still together my folks did host gatherings and drop ins added to all the fun and excitement. Our home was such a pleasant spot that lots of people would drop by on their way to their own family even for a drink of nog and a song. Such good memories - sigh -

@Laurie - I can always count on you to be exercise concious and put your exercise efforts and planning first on your post - good for you. Sorry you had to miss the Navy game because it ran so late! Happy you started vacation! Hey, been a long time since you posted your village figurines, but I finally got my camera working and my internet speeds up (had to buy new modem) so here's a pix of my favorite lil figurine. My snowman throwing snowballs. Unfortunately, the real snowball in his hand is missing, and I glued a peanut in his hand to replace it ! Ha! Ever since then, he's been feeling kinda mischevieous. He keeps asking me to find another figurine to have a snowball fight with. I looked all over this year and didn't find one! So next year and so on, I will keep looking. The treats are from my kind neighbors!

6t6jyrn4fpii.jpg

I'll pick up the rest of posts from the previous page in a second one.
    Great posts everyone - nice you all made time to get on here!
    Hugs!

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    @Maram and @Newbies - this is for you for January 2015 - this is our Monthy Challenge:
    - I recommend that you copy and paste this into a document on your PC or MAC. as it is hard to find after a couple of pages go by... :p

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    MONTHLY “ALL IN” CHALLENGE for JANUARY 2015:

The First Goal is the Calorie Challenge. Each person is challenged to stay under (or within 100 calories of) their MFP recommended daily calories. We hope everyone posts their tally the following way: if you are successful for 10 days out of your first 11 days of the month you’d write it like this: daily calorie challenge: 10/11. You are also allowed some days off, if you choose, ie. A family birthday, holiday, etc.

The Second Goal is "ALL IN" - in whatever capacity you choose. Put all your effort in this.
    If you choose Exercise- give it your all, if you choose Organizing your house, give it Your ALL., Whatever you choose to work on, Drinking Water, give it YOUR ALL!

And be sure to tell us what you're WORKING ON in your posts! Thanks!

Please copy this post to a document on your personal computer! Thanks, Robin

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    @CaseyG710 - welcome! I'm excited to see you here - I posted our new challenge for January on p. 626 -way at the bottom. Hope you come back and see it. Have a happy holiday. I hope someone else answers you questions about exercise. I'm not good in that area. Can you tell us what level of exercise you are at right now? That would help us answer that question.

@Bumblbee - jennifer - hope you do come back!

@LooEdna - I just want to congratulate you on how well you've become such an active participant - you're giving it your all - way to go- hugs!

@Saofei - welcome! Where do you live? you gave such interesting clues in your post - I am guessing but I don't want to be wrong! Hong Kong is on my "bucket list" of places to visit but it sounds like its a lot closer to you, plus you talk about weights and measurements in Kgs so I thing you're a lot closer to it than I am. So happy to have you here. You've done a great job at weight loss so far and your meal planning is excellent. I think you'll like the people you meet and the support you'll get here.

@aimeemarie - Happy Holidays and so nice to hear from you! Glad to hear your losing weight slowly (the best way!) and still active at it! Sorry the winter months have gotten to you. Do you live in the dark north states? I sympathize with you. The blues bug me from time to time. I tend to roll with it. But I have the luxury of hiding out. Listen, I hope You have a great year and stop by when you can!

A KITTY <3 A KITTY <3@cblue has a new kitty! YAY!! so happy for you - altho you can't take the thorny thing to work, can ya? I adore them, but they are time-wasters, because you just want to cuddle and play and play and play! Hope you have lots of time to do that! Hope works slows down miraculously! Happy holidays to you, DH, and kitty and the rest of the family.
    Beach bodies - well, I can say beached body! as in seal or whale but not those teeny boppers with no boobs or hips or things. I jingle jangle all over now. and permanent dimples down the backs of my legs!. Thank god theres fabric to cover my stomach. Ha1

@Toots - Happy Holidays! sorry the boy needs so much special treatment. It was a rough life for him back there. The other boy is adjusting well? I hope so. And the regular family is doing OK? Hubby? You? OK except for the weight ? I'll pretend all the answers are yes, until I hear back from you and wish you a Merry , er Hapy, Holiday and Happy New Year!

• RobinsEgg
    edited December 2014
    Options
    AFM - well my siblings and I celebrated our holiday last Sunday and shared breakfast at our favorite restaurant and had a nice time - we actually spent 1 - 1/2 hours together before the talk died out and we headed our separate ways.
    - Yesterday I got to feeling sad that we weren't getting together tomorrow so I called the three of them one by one and invited them over for a mid-day meal and movie. But after two polite refusals, when I reached my last brother and was greeted with loud sneezes, I was a bit hesitant to make the offer.
    - But I forged ahead. Nope was the answer. "Don't feel good" "but I'll try to swing by sometime later over the weekend for a mnute or two."
    -
    - So, I'm alone this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Not abandoned, just solitary. My 2 best local friends travel to their families so invitations are not forthcoming. This is the life when you don't have kids and your'e divorced after a long, long marriage. His family was huge and we had great holidays back then. But, also a lot of painful memories so I don't yearn for those days at all.

I'm sure the building will be empty tomorrow. I plan on a Netflix binge, lots of things I could do, perhaps I'll get to some of that baking - even the almond butter cookies that sound so delicious. That reminds me, I better thaw something out for dinner. Chicken would be appropriate, huh.

I'm waiting on some water-approved ankle weights to wear while swimming to get back in the pool. I couldn't keep my legs down to achieve good traction so my Doc told me to order these. C'mon Amazon! Its my Christmas gift!

@Barb - I may try out that thing called a bed tonite. I forgot about it last nite - :p
  • saofei
    saofei Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi robin
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    @CaseyG710 - welcome! I'm excited to see you here - I posted our new challenge for January on p. 626 -way at the bottom. Hope you come back and see it. Have a happy holiday. I hope someone else answers you questions about exercise. I'm not good in that area. Can you tell us what level of exercise you are at right now? That would help us answer that question.

@Bumblbee - jennifer - hope you do come back!

@LooEdna - I just want to congratulate you on how well you've become such an active participant - you're giving it your all - way to go- hugs!

@Saofei - welcome! Where do you live? you gave such interesting clues in your post - I am guessing but I don't want to be wrong! Hong Kong is on my "bucket list" of places to visit but it sounds like its a lot closer to you, plus you talk about weights and measurements in Kgs so I thing you're a lot closer to it than I am. So happy to have you here. You've done a great job at weight loss so far and your meal planning is excellent. I think you'll like the people you meet and the support you'll get here.

@aimeemarie - Happy Holidays and so nice to hear from you! Glad to hear your losing weight slowly (the best way!) and still active at it! Sorry the winter months have gotten to you. Do you live in the dark north states? I sympathize with you. The blues bug me from time to time. I tend to roll with it. But I have the luxury of hiding out. Listen, I hope You have a great year and stop by when you can!

A KITTY <3 A KITTY <3@cblue has a new kitty! YAY!! so happy for you - altho you can't take the thorny thing to work, can ya? I adore them, but they are time-wasters, because you just want to cuddle and play and play and play! Hope you have lots of time to do that! Hope works slows down miraculously! Happy holidays to you, DH, and kitty and the rest of the family.
    Beach bodies - well, I can say beached body! as in seal or whale but not those teeny boppers with no boobs or hips or things. I jingle jangle all over now. and permanent dimples down the backs of my legs!. Thank god theres fabric to cover my stomach. Ha1

@Toots - Happy Holidays! sorry the boy needs so much special treatment. It was a rough life for him back there. The other boy is adjusting well? I hope so. And the regular family is doing OK? Hubby? You? OK except for the weight ? I'll pretend all the answers are yes, until I hear back from you and wish you a Merry , er Hapy, Holiday and Happy New Year!

Haha thank you.
    Yeah I just wanna let people know eating bread or pasta doesn't make u gain weight its the snacks ! And soda and sugar and high salt intake. I had pasta for 3 days as 2 times lunch and dinner and breakfast bread to see the results. And I didn't gain from it ,I lost weight from it! So what some websites say about the pasta and bread a big nono 'don't believe everything what they say.
    U need carbs too burn ur fat or it will only burn ur muscles and water loss that's not weight loss.
    In a matter of time u will be back at a JoJo effect.
    A big tip from me,if u add spices in to your meal ur metabolism will work 5% faster that's why I add spices. In my food everyday.
    Spicy food is healthy also and lowers cancer cells outbreaks and that's why Chinese and Koreans and Thai people eat a lot of spicy food.
    U should try eating kimchi 'cabbage that is spicy and healthy and have a lot of benefits for your skin and liver.
    Just make it as a breakfast with miso soup Japanese soup made of soya 60-80 xal max! And that's with seaweed and tofu inside and healthy also ^^. And a bowl ofchinese or Japanese rice or korean 'no Thai rice because it has a lot of starch inside' .
    And u can make a side dish with chicken or tuna ,just stirfrye it with sesame oil,salt,pepper,ginger ' helps u burn ur fat faster and is healthy too' and garlic chives and a teaspoon soyasauce then ur off to go with a fully breakfast until lunch time ,u hit a salad with chicken or lean beef. No pork! And drink a glass of green tea with your breakie or lunch to burn ur metabolism faster also green tea + spicy food is awesome. Why do Chinese and Japanese people drink hot Chinese tea or green tea while they eat? Because the fat can't attach on ur body It washes the oil away'effect of the tea' . ^^
    And walk daily like' go shopping for an hour and take a cracker with u and a bottle of water'. ^^ Or go for a walk to do groceries like I do with my son .
    That's 150-20 cal in a hour or more cals depends on ur walking space .
    Have a nice holiday everyone and becarefull don't take to much cals from a candycane or muffin .
    Because when u eat 1 of them u lose a half of ur amazing meal or xmass dinner .
    U rather eat a candy cane or a turkey with hot peppersauce /cheese sauce with smashed potatos and veggies and ant kind of fish or pasta :D ? I would choose the hot meal :).
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas,
    Robin, thank you for the post. You are such a thoughtful person. I love the way you think.

I have lots of time today. Business has not slowed. We are going great guns at the store but I am taking some time for myself the next few days. I am not saying I won't go to the store, but I am not working 12 hour days either.
    Dinner last night was crab legs and tortellini. We all ate lots and I do not feel guilty at all. Food for me is no longer the guilt trip it was a few months ago. I now know what I can accomplish if I want to. I will be back on food plan on Monday.

The fitness plan is still in place. I am taking today off as the gym is closed. I am truly amazed at the progress I have made since June. Then I could not do 15 walking lunges without a break. On Monday this week I did a full lap of walking lunges with a 40 pound barbell (I counted 128), every 16 I stopped to do 8 clean and press. Then I could barely squat 45 pounds and the trainer was right behind me afraid I would drop the weight. On Monday I did 4 sets at 125 pounds. June 1st I weighed 259. My low weight this year was on December 12th at 198.5. Today I am at 203 but I am not stressing about it. I will be at 197 in the next few weeks. My ultimate goal is 148 by the end of 2015.
    In July I have the triathlon, my fitness plan will change to prepare for that. I am so excited about this, my family is already tired of hearing about it.

Hubby and I are doing well. Our marriage was never great and we do struggle. I now know it is easier to love someone else when you feel better about yourself. He did great for Christmas this year. A remote car starter, which in Wisconsin is a great thing. And brought home the new kitty on Tuesday. She is an american shorthair, which is a fancy name for cat. Her name is Niki, she is just over a year old. She was at the shelter for 4 1/2 months. The family surrendered her because she does not like other cats. She was in her crate at the shelter most of the time because of this. When hubby went there she reached out and touched his hand and that was it. He was in love. She is doing well and is such a lover. But she does like to bite when she plays. We will have to work on that with her.
    I tried to post the photo, not sure if this will work.
    pqaj1mn45vq7.jpg

Thank you all for sharing so much of your lives here. I do get so much from all of you. I am not great at personals. Please forgive me for that. I do think about your triumphs and struggles and just the day to day complications of life. I have these clever and touching comments in my head but translating them to the page is where I falter. Know that I do think of you as part of my team. You have all played a big part in my success. You are there with me in the pool, at the grocery store and when I eat.

I love the one word challenge for 2015. The word I think I will use is gratification. I will try to do things and live my life so I am gratified. To me this means that I will try to do things in a maner so I am happy with my results. In my eating plan, my fitness plan, but also in my relationships.

In the past I have mentioned that my sister works for me. This is a good thing but it also means we spend more time together than we do with our families. She is not an easy person. She has driven away quite a few part time employees. But she is extremely good at sewing. Her work ethic and standards are impecable. She has a hard time with others who do not share that with her. This is the relationship I will work on most this coming year.

I wish you all contentment this holiday season.
    With love always,
    Lori <3
  • mountmary84
    Options
    Have a wonderful day everyone. You are all such wonderful people to know.
    Barbara
  • Delhines58
    Delhines58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Merry Christmas Everyone. I am a new. Uploading a picture soon.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    @Apape56 - welcome - wonderful timing and a great day to join us. Hope to see you again soon! Have a beautiful day.

Merry Christmas and all Holiday Greetings combined to all of you! <3

@Cblue - Lori - I think you're quite expressive - you're very serious minded it seems, when you post. I've always thought its because you have so much important stuff going on in your life and you're under a lot of pressure! What you say about your sister, for example, is quite interesting, and a situation that must have caused some sleepless nights as you weighed the pros and cons. If twas me, I'd be doing the same this next year. My approach is often to steer a relationship to the better with a sprinkling of thoughtful small gifts and compliments on non-occasions, just to make the other person feel more appreciated. Often insecurity and a smidge of jealousy makes them somewhat prickly. So I shower them with love and interest in what makes them tick.

Your kitty is adorable. And the story so interesting. So, Niki the kitty was a shelter cat and - she just smacked your hubby and he fell in love? Does that tell you anything? Smack him yourself - as often as possible! Hahahahahah!

@Saoei - so glad you came back! Thanks for your post. Such interesting information. I agree, we can eat pastas, breads and carbs as long as we incorporate them into our planning. I don't touch teas or tofu however, due to my personal tastes. I'd love to try kimchi, once my eating is back to normal. I am unable to eat anything spicy at this time. Woe is me - too bad, huh ! I guess I am missing out on the "burning calorie effect" you mention. By the way, I read an interesting article today that I am going to verify first, and if its true, I will post it later today.

AFM- slept in recliner - laptop kept me warm all nite ! :D Santa in the hallways woke me up! I average about 5-6 hrs a nite, that's all I need. Had nice omelet breakfast and have the dishwasher going. This AM, to a choir on TV, sang carols loudly - one of the traditions we used to do when I was married that I enjoyed so much. My voice is terrible, off pitch, and dogs howl - Lord, grant me a voice in Heaven please, so I can sing with the angels! o:) but I do love singing! When I was a little kid it was still tradition to go around the neighborhood, ring doorbells and then sing carols. What fun that was!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    To each and every one of you I offer this blessing:

Your light has illuminated darkened paths, your gaze has lifted broken spirits, and already your life has changed the course of history.
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Robin, you are a terrific leader of this group - kind, personable, and conscientious. I am so glad I landed here. Thank you for all you do.
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lori,

The Story of Niki is heartwarming. Did I get something mixed up with the pix of the Maine Coon? If so, I apologize.

Just so everyone knows, I am often trying to read/write with my DH talking or reading news articles to me in the background, so there is a little concentration problem going on at times. Just blame him if I seem goofy! LOL ;)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

Merry Christmas!
    May this Christmas bring about a pleasant change in your life. May my wishes find you with a smile on your face. I wish you the best in life this Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

nl4f07nenki6.gif

rnngyaimnp4k.gif

18tcw4j1isy4.gif

Christmas gift ideas / suggestions:
    To your enemy, forgiveness.
    To an opponent, tolerance.
    To a friend, your heart.
    To a customer, service.
    To all, charity.
    To every child, a good example.
    To yourself, respect.

”I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.” Charles Dickens

Tom
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas :) and Have a Wonderful Day <3