Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We are still in the party mode around here. I made some more candy today. I found plenty of cookies in the freezer so I don't have to do any more of them. My grandson is making a cheesecake right now. Then my break will be over. I still need to make mini popcorn balls and fruit dip. Tomorrow will be lots of fun. Then I will climb back on the wagon.
    Barbara, your picture is great. I love homemade gifts. I only did a few this year.
    I am so excited and inspired by all of the new people. You are a great addition to our team.
    Toots, glad you found a minute to check in.
    Robin, I am thinking about a word, but haven't come up with one yet. It's a great idea.
    The sun was shining again today. I got a 4.5 mile walk with Cathy and Nicole.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • kayokarma
    kayokarma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi group,
    It's my goal to lose 100 lbs by this time next year. But at least 50-60 lbs by July for my wedding and of course the need to be healthier. Unfortunately my vertigo recurs at the most inopportune times. So I'm on a low sodium restriction. Ive recently joined Planet Fitness and would like a few buddies to meet up with me for motivation & support. I'm in my 40s, weighing in my 200's. I'd like to make like long genuine friends. If you're a gloomy pessimistic gossipy individual, bypass me like a heart attack. I've read a few posts, most of you sound very supportive and motivated and a community of solidarity. Hope to work out with you ladies soon!
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Skinny OH Karen! I could go for a REAL Italian beef! We lived in Chicagoland long enough to learn that one! Enjoy!
    Also, I really liked your post to slimblue about how thin people think. I need to think about that a bit; I definitely need to think more that way.
    Barbara (mountmary)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @barbara--yes, Chicago has some great beef joints! My DH actually makes ours homemade--he buys the roast beef from the deli then concocts his own au jus to dip the beef. As for the article--I read it in Self magazine at the salon. Wish I had kept it b/c it had a lot of other interesting points, but those are the 2 that stuck with me. I've searched the internet for it in vain. :(

@kayo--welcome! We all have our ups and downs in this group, but are overall supportive and upbeat. Do you have friends in your area to work out with?
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I spent the last hour and half reading all your posts from 615 to current. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. My sister situation I know will take time for those who want to know the whole situation is over ordering baseball tickets the last time I was visiting her. Yes, baseball tickets. I got my algebra final test score back it was an 85% which was like a week straight of studying 2-3 hours per night after work. Robin this was just Introduction to Algebra I have at least 2 more algebra classes to take. My son gave me a new laptop for xmas it actually made me cry. It is nice to have a laptop that can actually be unplugged when in use. I must say I got a emotional text from the ex during the holiday talking about how he realized he lost a good thing and would like another chance to prove he loves me even though he always had a plan to leave me for one of his baby mamas. I will say this it made me cry only because it brought back all the bad things he done to me and it made me think how is that love....the cheating, disrespect from him and his kids, the choking. It had me on a pity party the last days. Anyone here done the 3 day challenge before? Is it do able alone or is it a pack type thing?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @holly--what a great gift from your son! I'm so glad you aren't thinking about getting back with the ex. I remember how unhappy you were when the two of you were together, and you deserve so much better. I'm not sure what the 3-day challenge is. I tried to google it, but nothing nutrition/fitness related came up in the search.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good Morning. For those who celebrate, I hope you had a nice Christmas. Mine was nice and quiet, just what I needed.

Yesterday was spent shopping for paint and supplies, then getting downstairs bathroom taped off and ready to paint today--I picked a sage green, think its going to be beautiful. My mom will be here in a bit to help me. I've got colors picked out for my bedroom, guest bedroom and upstairs bath--decided to start with the smallest and easiest room first (sort of, has a strange slanted ceiling thanks to stairwell). Have a feeling when I get done, I'm going to find the ceilings and baseboards need to be repainted as well--I have to hire someone for living room and stairway thanks to 30' walls, so may have them do ceilings as well.

@Holly~What a great gift from your son!

Welcome to all the newlings!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Daily calorie challenge: 22/26
    ALL-IN challenge: "I have a head-ache"

That's all for today, because I really do have a head-ache.
    Niki
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    To prior thread members - just want to say hello. The word is phalarope - phalarope -phalarope -!

I've just read this, googled Phalarope and am now totally confused!!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. One step at a time.

Goal for day: take a shower, clean downstairs.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley--sounds like a relaxing holiday for you. :smile:

@niki--hope your headache was short-lived.

@fiona--"pharalope" is just the search word to find this thread. Robin picked it b/c she wanted a word highly unlikely to show up in any other thread.

@softblondechick‌ --nice to see you check back with us. :smile:

AFM--Well I think my niece gave me her cold--I was sniffly last night and awoke the same this morning. Nothing terrible, just enough to be annoying. Weather here tricked me too. We hit our high of 48 or so early this morning and temps have been dropping ever since. DH took gunner for his walk early which is just as well since we had a cold drizzle going by the time I would've been able to take him. I'm not at starbucks grading. Finished the second class set of tone quizzes and am taking a brain break before tackling the 3rd.

Sharing a funny student response. One of the questions asked students to define the tone "funereal." One of my seniors wrote, "When a funeral and The Real World meet and egos collide. Brought to you by MTV." That one made me LOL. :smiley:

Plan this afternoon is to finish up laundry--throw rugs and bedding. While the rugs are in the wash, I will probably also at least get the hardwoods floors swept.

Cleaning Goals:
    1. sweep/vacuum entire house Kitchen DONE
    2.file paperwork/bills
    3. wash throw rugs HALF DONE and bedding in spare bedroom
    4. vacuum couch (under all cushions)
    5. drop off bag of clothes to GW

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 23/26 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 8/26 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 41/66 Tone tests
    2. x/67 AP essays
    3. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Sat--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

Happy National Fruitcake Day
    Date when : Always December 27th
    National Fruitcake Day celebrates the rock hard, fruit filled holiday cake. While fruitcake was popular in the 40's and 50's, we are not sure if anyone has ever eaten this weighty, gooey, sugar laden cake.
    Scientists have been unable to penetrate deeply into a fruitcake, and therefore, have failed to uncover its exact composition. Its density has also hampered their ability to use carbon dating to identify the age of a fruitcake. Unconfirmed rumors suggest that some fruitcake are hundreds of years old.
    It is very appropriate for National Fruitcake Day to be celebrated shortly after Christmas. Once the holidays are over, it's time to get rid of your fruitcake. Giving a fruitcake is a Christmas tradition for many. It is also believed that recipients will re-wrap the fruitcake and give it to someone else. Who knows how many years, or decades, a fruitcake has been passed along? Ultimately, the trick is to make sure you give away the fruitcake before the holiday season is through. Otherwise, you get the joy of storing it, until the next fruitcake-giving season.
    On National Fruitcake Day, those with a sweet tooth can celebrate by eating a slice or two. Otherwise, we suggest you use this day to give your fruitcake to someone....anyone.

“You have to have the bad days to appreciate the good ones.” ~Unknown

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @tom--I LOVE fruitcake, but it's so incredibly high in calories that I have forgone it even as a once-a-year treat these past few years.

Just popping in to say I've completed the tone tests. Only one other funny answer:

Student: "Audacious = incredibly ballsy (for lack of a better word)"

My response: "bold, brazen, daring, reckless, fearless--please learn all of these better words so you never again have to write 'ballsy' on anything you turn in to me."

Now home to tackle some of these cleaning goals. :smile:

Cleaning Goals:
    1. sweep/vacuum entire house Kitchen DONE
    2. file paperwork/bills
    3. wash throw rugs HALF DONE and bedding in spare bedroom

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 23/26 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 8/26 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 66/66 Tone tests DONE!!
    2. x/67 AP essays
    3. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    monarchris wrote: »
    Robin, praying for you today.

Hello all my friends, hope you are having a great day. I walked to the mailbox this morning with Belle and enjoyed it. Just wish my feet would hurt so bad afterwards. There has to be a way to make them hurt less. My Thursday truth is last night I found out a 2nd cousin of mine committed suicide, stayed up late and ended up very tired and emotional which led to eating an extra granola bar and melon. I was still under calories, but wasn't hungry. Tonight I plan on going to bed by 11PM. I have found the last few days I have more energy then I have had in a long, long time. I'm actually getting up and doing things around the house which is pretty exciting for me. I do get tripped up in my oxygen tubing but that gives me more incentive to lose more weight and hopefully get off the oxygen. Sweeping and vacuuming around the cord is frustrating.

To the mathmatically challenged lady, I ended up taking College Algebra 3 times before passing it. Persistence pays off. Everyone hang in there tomorrow is Friday!:happy:

First, I'm very sorry for your loss. Second, I have severe plantars fasciitis and I've found these shoes that seem to help. They're made to help people with all kinds of foot pains. www.kuru.com
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @skinny -- thanks so much for the words of wisdom. I'm going to think about about them and repeat them to myself so much, maybe they will become a part of me! I have often allowed myself to 'blow it' and then used that one incident as an excuse to just throw away the whole day. I've also done the "I might get hungry" excuse as well. You've hit two of my nails on the head today.

Here's another thing I know thin people do - they eat when they are hungry and they QUIT when they feel full or have had enough. Can you imagine that :p ! I have to put the brakes on and drag my feet (metaphorically speaking) and hope I stop before everything is gone. Still, this is an excellent practice to strive to make a part of oneself; at least I haven't decided yet that it is an impossibility.

Linda

• skinnyjeanzbound
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @linda--Yes! I have also been so guilty of eating beyond fullness just because something tastes good. Over the past few years, I've gotten so much better at quitting when I feel full, but that's still a work in progress.

AFM--finishing #3 right now (still stuff in the machines) so that will come off the list. Tomorrow I will break out the vacuum and tackle 1 and 4.

Cleaning Goals:
    1. sweep DONE/vacuum entire house
    2. file paperwork/bills
    3. wash throw rugs DONE and bedding in spare bedroom DONE

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 24/27 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 8/27 (goal is as much as possible)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/67 AP essays
    2. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble not eating the left over Christmas candy÷ Ack!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well here I am back, heavier but wiser. This has been an extremely challenging year for me. My divorce was final in July and I felt like I couldn't go on, but I am ending the year cautiously optimistic. Every cloud has a silver lining and I got several silver linings from what seem catastrophic to me, at first 1) Increased spirituality, knowledge that God will carry me if I am too tired to go on. 2) Knowledge that I am stronger than I think, 3) Knowing that I have friends and relatives who love me as much as I love them. 4) Realizing that I deserve more that I got from this marriage. I am thankful I am able to forgive and forget and move forward. I have let go of all animosity and wish my former spouse nothing but goodwill (well most days that is)

Now I need to start taking care of myself and tackle this weight issue for good. This is the place to get the support I need and see the actual examples of those who have succeeded, one day at a time.

I have been sick since October 15 and was finally diagnosed with Asthma and LPR (which is a silent reflux with no symptoms except a persistent dry cough, where wears me out. I am feeling better though and have mostly been able to work out once a week with a trainer. I plan to add on two more workouts, at least one water aerobic and one bicycling.

Santa gave me a recumbent bike and it is right next to my bedroom so I plan to do more with it than drape clothes over it.

My goal for the coming week is to do two workouts, drink lots of water, meditate and stay within 1200 calories per day

Kah - lot of work but worth the effort. Sage green is so beautiful

Morgori - Had a nice chuckle from your post. I ate my fruitcake

Skinny - Thanks for the chuckles and the lesson in English for the kid with the definition of audacious

Texasmom2013 - So sorry to hear about your cousin. I've experience that in my family and it is devastating. Too often, no one knows there was anything wrong before it happens. I will say an extra prayer for you and your family.

Katrena
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    toots- I am also having a problem eating to many Christmas Cookies that are left over. At least your student used a creative word to define the other word. Loved your response to him/her.

Karen- Great progress you are making with the grading of the papers. I still have a stack of papers to grade just not ready to start them yet but I should try to finish them before the new year.

Today, was a good day. I did swim this morning then got my hair done this afternoon. I came home and took a nap, which was surprising since I didn't think I was exhausted. Tonight I am laying low. Tomorrow, I have a massage schedule so I am looking forward to that relaxation time. Also on the schedule is a workout then a movie and maybe dinner. I am looking forward to spending time with friends.

Hope you have a great Sunday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--yes, I've gotten all of the "little stuff" out of the way, and tomorrow will start on the actual essays. Of the 67 AP essays, only about half have submitted to the online repository, and I won't grade the others until they complete that step. I've also gotten a little bit of planning done for the last 2 weeks of the semester. Looks like you have a nice day planned for tomorrow--enjoy it!

@katrena--welcome back! Glad to hear you're letting the past go and moving forward with your life.

@toots--I also have some holiday treats around the house. Was almost done with them, then my neighbor just stopped by with cookies. :neutral_face:

Saturday Success:
    Well I've made loads of progress on my lists. Most of the chores are done or will be tomorrow. I'm going to add "clean fish tank" back to the cleaning goals b/c I think my thumb will be healed enough to tackle that later this week. Robin, you were right that it will (once again) be the last chore I complete. LOL

Tomorrow will be a mix of activity. I want to go to the gym and get some grading done. I may delegate the vacuuming to the DH.

Cleaning Goals:
    1. vacuum entire house
    2. file paperwork/bills
    3. vacuum couch (under all cushions)
    4. drop off bag of clothes to GW
    5. clean fish tank

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 24/27 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 8/27 (goal is as much as possible)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/67 AP essays
    2. x/13 Scarlet Letter essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--8k at gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner