detox/juice/short term intense diet

Options
I've been off the wagon for a few months now and probably put on about half a stone (I don't own any scales). I really feel like I need a week of intensive detox or juicing or some sort to get me back on it and feeling really good again. If I have something to follow I will do it to the letter. I know if I just try to do it myself (which I have the knowledge to plan) I won't stick to it. Has anyone done anything similar before that's worked well for them? I don't want to pay a lot of money for it and don't expect to loose a lot of weight, I want to do it purely for a motivational point of view. I've even considered doing the clean 9 but its very expensive! Would appreciate any ideas any of you may have

Replies

• JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys detox you on their own, and if they aren't doing their job, then drinking over-priced juice or whatever else they're peddling isn't going to help.

Seriously. Just get back into the habit of eating better (whatever you consider that to be, as long as it's at a calorie deficit) and the weight will come back off in time. All crash diets do is mess with your body and set you up for gaining back at least what you lost on them when you go back to real eating.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Better off starting off on the right foot and making sustainable changes that you can keep up for life. Detoxes are unnecessary; you have a liver and kidneys for a reason. Use your money towards actual food, since those detox/juice products are generally very overpriced.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, here we go. *gets out Bingo card*
  • luciloo2
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys. I'm aware our bodies detox themselves and only used the word detox loosely. I simply wanted to know if anyone had tried any good clean eating diet plans that were intense and may help me to get back on it. If I have a plan to follow I find it easier to get going than to simply "eat healthy" I can do that it's just not very motivational. Bare with me, it's pretty late at night here
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh boy, here we go. *gets out Bingo card*

LOL!!!

OP: Just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise!! No need to do any detoxes or "clean eating", whatever that means, eat everything in moderation. Good luck.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    A seven pound gain could just be from going heavy on the carbs at this time of the year based on my experience.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    poq0pr5q98qh.jpeg
    Oh boy.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    poq0pr5q98qh.jpeg
    Oh boy.

Psst. .. Does that have real butter? I need real butter. And Jon Stewart, please.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    luciloo2 wrote: »
    I've been off the wagon for a few months now and probably put on about half a stone (I don't own any scales). I really feel like I need a week of intensive detox or juicing or some sort to get me back on it and feeling really good again. If I have something to follow I will do it to the letter. I know if I just try to do it myself (which I have the knowledge to plan) I won't stick to it. Has anyone done anything similar before that's worked well for them? I don't want to pay a lot of money for it and don't expect to loose a lot of weight, I want to do it purely for a motivational point of view. I've even considered doing the clean 9 but its very expensive! Would appreciate any ideas any of you may have

I believe that if what you call " detox " will provide you with the psychological push to get back on program, by all means do what you think makes things easy or even possible for you. I am sure if you google a bit you will find something that fits your taste and pocket book.
    Apart from that I personally feel that you just need to decide to get back on track, plan something that suits you considering the necessary calorie deficit and then just go.
    Good Luck for 2015 !

• luciloo2
    Options
    Would appreciate some constructive comments here. Forgive my impatience, this is the first time I've ever posted here and didn't expect this negativity.
  • luciloo2
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »

I believe that if what you call " detox " will provide you with the psychological push to get back on program, by all means do what you think makes things easy or even possible for you. I am sure if you google a bit you will find something that fits your taste and pocket book.
    Apart from that I personally feel that you just need to decide to get back on track, plan something that suits you considering the necessary calorie deficit and then just go.
    Good Luck for 2015 !

Thank you, someone actually understood what I meant! I was hoping to hear from other people's experiences but thank you anyway and will have to do some research myself.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    A seven pound gain could just be from going heavy on the carbs at this time of the year based on my experience.

Uh no. Carbs do not cause magical weight gain. Weight gain comes from eating calories over your maintenance.
  • luciloo2
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Ok thanks, but this isn't what I was asking for advice on. Thanks for your time in replying though.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Check out Clean Eating magazine's website cleaneatingmag.com and click meal plans. I think they have a two week eating plan that you can download and try to give you some ideas of what to eat and still stay under 1800 calories a day.
  • luciloo2
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    Check out Clean Eating magazine's website cleaneatingmag.com and click meal plans. I think they have a two week eating plan that you can download and try to give you some ideas of what to eat and still stay under 1800 calories a day.

Great! I'll check it out. Thank you :)
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    We aren't being negative, we're being honest. You use the word "detox" and talk about "juice cleanses." The first once is a fallacy and the second is just asking for trouble. Most diets like that just get rid of water weight, which comes right back on once you're eating regularly, which just provides reason to be discouraged. You don't need to do anything special, and there's no such thing as a "kickstart" for your body.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Would appreciate some constructive comments here. Forgive my impatience, this is the first time I've ever posted here and didn't expect this negativity.

You used the words intense detox and juice, usually those are associated with a cleanse and that is NOT going to go over well. Our bodies naturally do that. Additionally, most here believe in eating at a caloric deficit. Not quick gimmicks to lose weight.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    People are trying to save you time and money along with steering you in the right direction. Just because they aren't telling you what you want to hear doesn't mean they are being negative.

If you really need some type of eating plan, you are probably better off using Google to find something.