Double Stuff Golden Oreos
    Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, or really any ice cream
    French toast with butter and powdered sugar
    Cookies
    Caramels
    Biscotti
    Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
    Cheesecake

I really have a hard time controlling my appetite when I eat these foods. I start out with moderation, but don't sustain it. The oreos are particularly trigger foods for me.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Initially, I couldn't keep anything that wasn't individually packed in the house. I spent a lot of time portioning out things, and writing the nutrition on the bag. Now that I'm maintaining, there's nothing that's really dangerous for me. I've noticed I am a lot better at portion control now.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I absolutely love pasta.
    Serious.

I don't make it anymore, at all. Otherwise, the container = one serving.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Powdered sugar. No, I don't eat it as is but when you mix it 50/50 with peanut butter you get the insides of a peanut butter cup. You can also mix it with softened butter ( about 1/3 - 1/2 cup per tablespoon of butter) and give it a few drops of vanilla or peppermint oil and you have a quick fondant. The temptation to make a sweet with it is a bit much for me sometimes.

I hate you a little for sharing this information with me. Im about to fake a sickness so i can leave work and go try this...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I don't keep white Magnum ice creams in the house because I know I'll eat them. This isn't because of any addiction or other such nonsense, it's because they're yummy.

Why not keep them in he house and just eat them in moderation (maybe half at the time) no need to restrict any food.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MissMissle wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Powdered sugar. No, I don't eat it as is but when you mix it 50/50 with peanut butter you get the insides of a peanut butter cup. You can also mix it with softened butter ( about 1/3 - 1/2 cup per tablespoon of butter) and give it a few drops of vanilla or peppermint oil and you have a quick fondant. The temptation to make a sweet with it is a bit much for me sometimes.

I hate you a little for sharing this information with me. Im about to fake a sickness so i can leave work and go try this...

you'd make me real proud if you did.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips! If I start eating them when I am hungry and bored, I will eat far too many of them. Also, freshly baked bread. We limit the amount of chips we bring into the house, and usually don't have really fresh bread around, so normally these are not a problem for me.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Madeleines, oh the rich buttery, lightly sweet flavor. ohhh, I have to keep them away.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    pistachio's - highly flammable!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Linnaea27 wrote: »
    Tortilla chips! If I start eating them when I am hungry and bored, I will eat far too many of them. Also, freshly baked bread. We limit the amount of chips we bring into the house, and usually don't have really fresh bread around, so normally these are not a problem for me.

damnit- this- for real.

chips and salsa are an issue for me as well.
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Death by cream bun

IMG_3387.JPG

You're beautiful!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Try Kashi go lean cereal.
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Why not keep them in he house and just eat them in moderation (maybe half at the time) no need to restrict any food.

This is the ideal situation. However, I think some of us have problems moderating certain foods and find it's just not worth it to keep them readily on hand. :)

Mine was cold cereal, starting off this thread. Nothing wrong with cold cereal. I'm not absolutely restricting it -- just not keeping it around much. Nothing wrong with any of the foods on this thread!

I've found some of the stuff I've kept out of my house for a while no longer holds as much allure. I've read that over time, you tend to like what you eat more than eat what you like. So if you change your diet, your tastes change. It seems to have happened for me.

On the other hand.... there is something to be said for making some of these foods a yep, I've got it on hand can take it or leave it thing. We bake our own bread. At one point, if I smelled fresh-baked bread coming out of the oven, I had to break into it with large slabs o'butter right away. We've been baking it for 20+ years, though, so now it's old hat and it's no big deal when the loaf is turned out.

I think some of it is whether you feel like you're coming from a place of deprivation or not. It's harder to stop when you've been feeling deprived.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Pasta. I absolutely love pasta.
    Serious.

I don't make it anymore, at all. Otherwise, the container = one serving.

Exactly. However, a delicious serving.
  • frostedpoptart
    frostedpoptart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I still eat most of my "dangerous" foods, but yeah when I eat these it is really hard to stop at the serving size I intend to have.

potato chips (especially pringles....their tagline is apparently NOT a lie)
    french fries
    popcorn
    cold cereal
    chocolate
    cheese (not strong cheese, but a mild cheddar)
    ice cream
    brownies/blondies
    donuts
    poptarts

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Any dessert. If I have some, I am compelled to have more. I finally decided to do without entirely, and it works well for me. I'm a sane woman for the first time in my life!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Chips, mostly. If I get an unbelievably strong craving, I make myself go to the gas station and get a small(ish) bag of them. Takes care of the craving and I don't have a big bag sitting in the house that I will demolish by myself!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Homemade baked goods. I try not to bake much these days, even though I'm the only one in my family with a weight problem.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ksolksol wrote: »
    I'm going to preface this by saying I am NOT intending to demonize any foods here. I just know that some foods support my goals better than others....So if anyone wants to share: What are your "dangerous" foods? The foods that undermine your goals? The ones that set off a cycle of eating too much? The ones that aren't worth it to keep in the house? I don't believe any food is necessarily "bad" but which ones really don't work for you?

Very well said..."some foods support my goals better than others." My triggers are pizza from one of 2 places locally -- I am not tempted by any other pizza and get slices for my wife all the time and eat none of it; Pasta w/meatballs is #2. I will have pasta when I make it and can accurately weigh 2 oz. etc. and I will have an occasional turkey meatball;