GIRL WEIGHTTRAINING

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    you can get pretty much what you need here and via the internet- you don't need a food plan from a trainer.

So dont i need a very limited food plan ?
    No i'm asking this because i've found on internet a personal trainer who said that you must track every single little meal...but i think this can become a a sort of mental illness :\

I don't think calorie counting will ever be in the DSM.

• JoRocka wrote: »
    you can get pretty much what you need here and via the internet- you don't need a food plan from a trainer.

No i'm asking this because i've found on internet a personal trainer who said that you must track every single little meal...but i think this can become a a sort of mental illness :\
    I log and track every bite of food that goes in my mouth...yup: Totally mentally ill, here. I'm a complete lunatic. *eye roll*

is this sarcasm ? because i dont want to offend anyone :( i want to mean that it could be an obsession . i didnt want to say that people who track everything are ill :'(
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    summarizing:

i will mix cardio and weight training.
    i will pay a personal trainer to learn how to do squats, deadlift ecc.... because i dont want to break my back xD

But the same personal trainer said that i have to pay 300 euros if i want a food plan, and they are so much money :( what i should do ? because how i 've understood alimentation is very important

I'm going to assume that "alimentation" is supposed to be "nutrition".

You don't need to pay for a food plan from a trainer - especially from a trainer, because at least in the US most aren't trained in nutrition and shouldn't be giving out advice.

You just need to set a reasonable calorie deficit - about 250-500 cals below your maintenance - and appropriate macro levels for you (macros being protein, carbs, and fat - 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat seems to be a good baseline but you may need to adjust yours one way or the other).

I suggest only cutting out foods you find gross or are allergic too, while eating everything else in moderation.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I log and track every bite of food that goes in my mouth...yup: Totally mentally ill, here. I'm a complete lunatic. *eye roll*

Do you ever read entire threads before making posts like this?
  • JoRocka wrote: »

No i'm asking this because I've found on internet a personal trainer who said that you must track every single little meal...but i think this can become a a sort of mental illness :\

it takes some adjusting- but as long as you remember it is JUST a tool- not an obsession.

Some people find they need to take a week or so off occasionally to reset- but it's manageable.

I would start by just tracking what you eat now- don't make changes- just track what you're eating- figure out how much it is- don't go crazy- just get a base line.
    This is a good idea :) i will do it tomorrow and let you know :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Lofteren wrote: »
    Don't worry OP, you won't get 'bulky' or low bodyfat by accident!

So do you mean it takes time ?

and an enormous amount of work.

I've been actively working on getting what is conventionally known as "bulky" for going on 2 years. still not bulky.

<sad face>

It also takes an amount of androgens that is difficult for women to obtain with administration of exogenous male hormones. Most women cannot get bulky even if that is their goal unless they are bulky due to obesity. Building muscle is difficult, even for men.
    I once read on MFP you just have to do crossfit, and you get huge.

Well, sh&t, that explains why I'm such a beefcake.
    teh beeez kneez.
  • dbmata
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    if it is genetics i think (and i hope too ) it's a problem because i'm a pear shape.

Just a thought....

Why not just be the best version of yourself that you can instead of obsessing over a stranger who you know nothing about and who has access to more tools than any of us?

but this is my goal :) since beyonce is a pear shape (me too) i've taken her as example
    if you want i can mesure myself

If your goal is to look like another woman, you will surely fail. Just want your body, but leaner, stronger, and healthier. That's what she's telling you.
    i think no one is understanding me :'( i want to improve myself and i dont want to be like her

I think everyone is understanding you perfectly. You stated:
    i'm a pear shape (my origins are morrocan) not fat and not ...i think i'm normal and i REALLY LOVE BEYONCE BODY (it is toned but her curves are soft)
    Now i dont want to have the exact body, i only want to know HOW she obtained her body.

Which pretty much says that although you "don't want the exact body" you "want to know how she obtained it" which = you want the same body.

I really dont know how to explain: since i'm a pear shape i want to improve my hips.
    I'm trying to do my best to explaib it xD

If you want to be functionally capable throughout life, you want to improve those hips.
  • dbmata
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Congratulations, this is the dumbest thread I've seen this month. 5 pages in and still no one can figure out what you want. Maybe your New Year's resolution can be to improve your communication abilities? Maybe pay attention in school more instead of trying to decide which celebrity's body you want to have? Maybe?

I've got $5 on there being a bit of translate.google.com being used here.
  • dbmata
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

I think that one is just looking for an easy target to make jabs at. Mission accomplished.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Everyone who uses this site tracks or has tracked their food. It's only the people that already have mental illnesses that have trouble with obsessing over tracking. If you have a healthy relationship with food, it's just a tool. If it becomes more, take a break from it.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Is this thread still a thing?
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Sure. And the OP has started asking some more pointed questions and seems to be catching on. Is that an issue?
  • sheepotato wrote: »

Everyone who uses this site tracks or has tracked their food. It's only the people that already have mental illnesses that have trouble with obsessing over tracking. If you have a healthy relationship with food, it's just a tool. If it becomes more, take a break from it.
    I've already tried to track my food but how can i know how many calories have got, for example lasagne, got ? it's a meal made by a lot of ingredients
  • dbmata wrote: »
    603reader wrote: »

I think that one is just looking for an easy target to make jabs at. Mission accomplished.

i really sorry i didnt want ti offend someone...i've only wanted to say that it could be an obsession :(
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »

I've already tried to track my food but how can i know how many calories have got, for example lasagne, got ? it's a meal made by a lot of ingredients

You would weigh measure all ingredients.
  • Lofteren
    Options

The easiest way is to eat simpler foods. You can build a recipe on here if you really want lasagna though.
  • sheepotato
    Options

It depends on where the lasagne comes from, if it comes from a box use the information on the box. If someone makes it for you or you make it, ask them for the recipe and put it into the recipe area. Then weigh your portion and log that. If you eat it at a restaurant, use their online nutrition or find a generic idea of how many calories are in lasagne and over estimate by quick adding extra calories.
  • Lofteren
    Options

Sure. And the OP has started asking some more pointed questions and seems to be catching on. Is that an issue?

No, but taking 6 pages to get to the point where you can ask simple questions might be indicative of a problem.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

No, but taking 6 pages to get to the point where you can ask simple questions might be indicative of a problem.

OP doesn't speak English fluently. Also, some people don't really even know where to start when asking questions regarding fitness and nutrition. Not to mention she had to sift through lots of sarcastic replies which she took to heart because of the language barrier and probably spent two pages of posts apologizing for offending people because of misinterpreting what people were saying.
  • sheepotato
    edited December 2014
    Options

She's young, trying to learn more and English is her second language. At least 4 pages was misunderstandings or trolling. Sometimes it takes a few posts for people to figure out how to ask for what they are trying to ask. I was out of my depth trying to give her advice but no one had said anything helpful to her when I saw the post so I wanted to at least point her in some direction so she didn't get discouraged. Luckily people have shown up and given her better advice now.