Fast Food

Options

Replies

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food if I can help it...I don't really trust them with my food, plus I can tell it just isn't the quality.
  • knitforbrains
    Options
    McDonald's - grilled classic chicken sandwich (I'd like to say I skip the mayo, but who wants to eat dry chicken on a dry bun??), no fries and an unsweetened ice tea
    Wendy's - when it's available, I *love* their Berry Almond Chicken salad (half-size), otherwise I opt for their grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad.
    Taco Bell - this place is my weakness. But if I manage to avoid the chalupas, I usually go for either chicken soft tacos or a fresco chicken burrito supreme.
    Arby's - small roast beef and a diet drink.

And that's pretty much it - I hate KFC and Burger King's on the other side of town so we don't go often.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Sushi - I eat what I want but make it fit my calories.
    Subway - chicken breast with lots of veggies.
    Chipotle - salad with chicken
    Panera - a salad
    Chilis/Applebees - a lower calorie meal, they actually have some really good ones.
    Italian - about once or twice a month I'll get a chicken cheese steak or stromboli. This is the only time I don't log the food because I know it blows my calories. Everything else I make fit.

The usual "fast food" staple places disgust me....I never really ate there growing up anyways and still got fat, haha!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    At Subway I'll get a turkey and ham or turkey or steak sandwich with the bread scooped out and no cheese and some veggies and mustard.

At Burger King, Wendys or El Pollo Loco, I'll get a grilled chicken filet (or the chicken already chopped up at El Pollo Loco) and a side salad. And I bring my own dressing to save on the sodium.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I had 4 whitecastle burgers last week for dinner the hubby brought home a crave case. It fit into my calorie budget :)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Subway veggie on wheat-no cheese with red wine vinegar. 1/2 for supper 1/2 for lunch the next day.
    or
    Dairy Queen-Grilled chicken no mayo.

Very seldom go to either place though, maybe once every 6 weeks or so.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Extraordinarily rare for me to eat fast food, but I usually opt for Wendy's. This time of year I would opt for a plain baked potato and get a small chili to top it with. Warmer months I opt for a grilled chicken sandwich.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Original chicken sandwich at Burger King - the fried one, on a big bun with mayo and all. It's a ton of cals/fat so it takes up a ton of my daily allotment...but I love it so it's worth it, and I usually have a BOGOF coupon for my mom and I to each get one.

I thought I was the only person who liked those original BK chicken sandwiches! Although I'm weird and get them cheese only...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Original chicken sandwich at Burger King - the fried one, on a big bun with mayo and all. It's a ton of cals/fat so it takes up a ton of my daily allotment...but I love it so it's worth it, and I usually have a BOGOF coupon for my mom and I to each get one.

I thought I was the only person who liked those original BK chicken sandwiches! Although I'm weird and get them cheese only...

Oh yeah I love 'em!!! Always have. In the 80's they would slice the sandwich diagonally, so my mom and I always bring them home and do that. It's a quirk I guess, lol...

In my area, they do not come with cheese at all. I guess MAYBE you could special order it with cheese, but they don't serve 'em that way and I have been puzzled in the past when logging my original chicken and seeing entries w/ cheese.

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Basically, I don't eat it at all anymore. I didn't plan to "never" have any - it just happened and I would likely eat a single Mickey D's in a pinch...but I needed to lose close to 200 pounds and just thought of it being counter productive. I still get my wife her fast-food once a week or so (see eats very modest amounts & no weight problem) and must say it doesn't bother me a bit. She deserves her treat.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    We go to Whataburger a lot (husband's favorite). If I need to watch my calories, I order a grilled chicken sandwich dry (no bun oil or mayo) and add pickles. Other good options are the grilled chicken melt, a grilled chicken salad with low or no-fat dressing, or a double jr. Taking off half the bun helps, usually one side gets soggy anyway. I would assume you could order similar items at other places. Just watch out for the oil, mayo and large buns.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid fast food places. Fast casual places I eat at often - Panera, Corner Bakery, California Pizza Kitchen, etc.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns. Replace mayo with extra avocado. Also there's an option to replace bread with lettuce. Yum!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Oh yeah I love 'em!!! Always have. In the 80's they would slice the sandwich diagonally, so my mom and I always bring them home and do that. It's a quirk I guess, lol...

In my area, they do not come with cheese at all. I guess MAYBE you could special order it with cheese, but they don't serve 'em that way and I have been puzzled in the past when logging my original chicken and seeing entries w/ cheese.

I remember the diagonal slice. They also used to have a special chicken parmesan sandwich on occasion.

I don't eat mayo(unless its in something like dressing or dips) so I always just order cheese on chicken sandwiches, whereever I go.

• herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like these:
    • Flame Broiler (small chicken bowl with brown rice)
    • Chipotle (burrito bowl with chicken, lettuce, beans and brown rice)
    • El Pollo Loco (grande chicken tacos -- off of the 'under 500 cal' menu)
    • Rubios (3 chicken street tacos al la carte)
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I really had to think about this, because I've only been to 3 fast food places in the past year. Yay me. Almost every time I've picked up the 2 for 3 bucks breakfast croissants at BK with either ham or bacon for the lower calories. A few times to DQ for a mini-blizzard (Mom does not have one in her state, so when we travel, she needs a fix, and sorry folks, I will never have the willpower to say no to a blizzard, but I can reduce damages), and once to Panera Bread where a sandwich was incredibly close to 10 bucks. Gasp! It was pretty much a food emergency, I had to eat then (diabetic who finished her carry snacks the day before). It was tasty, highly caloric, and I feel should have been gold plated at that price.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    One of my better choices out is that I crave a Veggie sub from subway on a regular basis, even though I know I could make a better one myself at home. How the heck is that only 230 calories?! I am highly suspicious of that count. I consider it a magic sandwich (bread). Anywhere else and I pretty much blow my day over on calories. :o
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man all you people who feel like you're having to be forced to eat fast food don't know how to live! A fresh beef and cheddar is delicious.
  • abigailhe
    abigailhe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The Pita Pit Rocks! Just make it a small whole wheat pita. They have all the calories on the menu and the coke machine is awesome because it offers flavored sparking water. Yum