detox/juice/short term intense diet

Options

Replies

• TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I strongly suggest the cranberry and kale cleanse, basically, you drink cranberry juice for a day, eat kale and drink cranberry juice the next day. Then the third day, half your intake is kale and cranberry juice. The rest is protein, within reason.

I love cleanses, cranberry juice and kale,.... but even I find this one bizarre.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    TopazCutie wrote: »
    I strongly suggest the cranberry and kale cleanse, basically, you drink cranberry juice for a day, eat kale and drink cranberry juice the next day. Then the third day, half your intake is kale and cranberry juice. The rest is protein, within reason.

I love cleanses, cranberry juice and kale,.... but even I find this one bizarre.

He's joking... @dbmata is a regular on here.
  • luciloo2
    Options
    kur0shiro wrote: »
    luciloo2 wrote: »
    Im a little lost here with the conversation now anyways, you guys continue your discussion!
    And thanks for all your inputs...
    Anyone else who has some other valuable advice I'd welcome private messages.

Lol, I know. Got lost in the conversation too. Too much off-topic discussion went down that I think they forgot what you were talking about in the first place when you started the thread. Hahaha.

Anyway, I've always wanted to try juicing! But I really prioritize exercise and I don't think I'll survive my workouts with just juices. What I usually do to motivate myself though is making changes to my diet. I try to just eat healthy for a few days then I get pumped to start combining said diet with working out. Or I just eat whatever I like (not in crazy amounts though) and then I get excited to burn all of that through exercise! hahaha

Thanks! I think you're right with the juice/working out! Probably not the best idea.

I think I've forgotten what I even posted aswell!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I'm just going to leave this here for you.. :trollface:

pizza.jpg

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    A seven pound gain could just be from going heavy on the carbs at this time of the year based on my experience.

Uh no. Carbs do not cause magical weight gain. Weight gain comes from eating calories over your maintenance.

It's water/fluid retention weight being referred to.

Think about it, someone goes low carb and loses a lot of kilos/pounds ( lot more than a on a CICO diet) in the first week which is water weight...when carbs are re-introduced there is an initial water/fluid retention gain.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    [I think you're right with the juice/working out! Probably not the best idea.

I think I've forgotten what I even posted as well!

You asked for some kind of "quick start plan" to get you motivated, and many of us have tried to persuade you that diets don't work. Please take our word for it—we've been there before.

If you need structure, I play a game called Heath Month: http://www.healthmonth.com It helps build healthy habits through gamification. You choose your own rules, such as "eat bright vegetables x days a week" or "limit alcohol" or "go to the gym" or "cook dinner." You check in every day, and gain (or lose) health points and fruit.

Your first month is free, and up to 3 public rules is always free. I find Health Month fun + motivating. I even have rules to "make the bed" and "clean my room."
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options

No... duh?

I could tell by his over ten thousand posts. But thanks for coming out.
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you want a kickstart, take 5 doses of ex-lax. Just kidding. That's the only cleanse ever necessary and only after you haven't pooped for 6 days.

Just create a deficit and exercise, exercise, exercise. Do things that get your heart rate up, whether that means walking fast (or slow) running a 6 minute mile, cleaning out kitchen cabinets, jumping up and down, who cares.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I'm not joking at all. It's covered in a chapter I'm working on in my upcoming book.
  • dbmata
    Options

I'm just going to leave this here for you.. :trollface:

pizza.jpg
    you're the devil.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I read the first and last page. OP, I understand how you feel, I've been there, you feel ready to do something drastic, you maybe hate the look of body part x - I don't know about you, but I have tried crash diets like you're proposing (when I was young, youngggg). I never made it past lunch, and I always felt worse about myself for "failing".

I didn't fail, though, the diet did. I succeeded when I followed a slow and steady plan.
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did the Clean 9 plan back in January. I did lose half a stone doing it, but knowing what I know now, I could have lost that amount just by cutting back. However, it did give me that really good kick start I needed so I'm glad I did it. Back then, I had 5-6 stone to lose. Now, like you, I only need to lose half a stone of that. I definitely wouldn't go near the Clean 9 for that - it's so expensive and not worth the money IMO. I'm planning just to go back to eating at a deficit for a few weeks until it's gone.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try - I certainly wouldn't knock anyone trying those kind of things for psychological reasons, but having been there, done that, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • kittkat100
    kittkat100 Posts: 19
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know why people get all worked up by a crash diet or "kickstart."
    If it works for the person to do something drastic to switch their mentality where is the harm?
    A 3-5 day crash diet will result in real loss. Probably a pound of fat. The rest is water but so what? It still motivates you to find a true diet plan afterwards and work it.

A one week drastic diet is not going to destroy you. It will not damage you unless you have pre-existing medical conditions. I do not get what it is about this topic that has people up in arms. Just because something doesn't work for you does not mean that is the case for all. Everyone does it differently. OP is not asking for long term diet advice. She is asking about specific "starter" plans for motivation.

I started my diet in Sept with a one week drastic measure. I needed to change my patterns and habits and wipe the slate clean. I was having too many "will start eating right Monday's" and couldn't break the mentality of needing food often. I chose to do heavy restriction for a week to learn my true hunger cues and learn how much I really needed. It worked for me.
    After that week I was able to make better choices. Natural food had more of an appeal. Honestly, Portion control was the best thing I learned. I was able to take a bite or two of something I was craving and walk away. Prior to this week I did a lot of mindless eating. Spending a week in heavy restriction changed that. I thought about food before eating it.
    I was not in the mindset to "just do it" one day. I needed some insight first. It was not wrong. It was right FOR ME.
    IF OP feels this may help here she should give it a shot. She will learn whether it was right or wrong FOR HER soon enough.

In Sept I was 140lbs.
    Today I am 118.8 lbs. The weight will stay off now because my mindset has changed.
    For everyone who says..well lets see in a year. Yes, let's. And if my mindset reverts back to old habits..at least I know how to re-motivate myself if I choose too. I am not looking for a "lifestyle change" and I am not on a "journey." I am doing what feels right for me right now, in this moment and nothing more. I cannot predict how I will feel or what will be in my path in the future. I just know that I have learned to understand what amount of food my body needs. If I choose to ignore that later it will be a choice. Not a failure.

It is one thing to offer suggestions. It is another to try and force your opinion as "the way."
  • dbmata
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

I'm not joking at all. It's covered in a chapter I'm working on in my upcoming book.

Is the foreword by Dr. Oz? If so I'm defo buying it.

I had Stephen King on the hook for it, but Dr. Oz(ymandias) would be excellent. Maybe some of those screeching barn owls on the View.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    [I think you're right with the juice/working out! Probably not the best idea.

I think I've forgotten what I even posted as well!

FYI... I did not write this. ^^^
    Looks like someone somehow screwed up the quotes lol.

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest, I would never take a path that was proven to waste time and work against progress, just to satisfy some imagined motivational 'need'.

Since motivation neither burns calories, nor increases your health nor builds strength... it seems like feeding that need, instead of your need for healthy activity, is just wasting time and energy just for the fun of wasting it, knowing full well you'll get no progress and only obstacles from it?

i dont get it.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
  • debra462
    debra462 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do cleanses and they work very well I drink juice and eat apple sauce. Oatmeal is ok too if you feel hungry with it. Oatmeal is good to keep blood sugar stable. Ive lost weight many times doing this. I just had a baby and breastfeeding so can't right now.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    debra462 wrote: »
    I do cleanses and they work very well I drink juice and eat apple sauce. Oatmeal is ok too if you feel hungry with it. Oatmeal is good to keep blood sugar stable. Ive lost weight many times doing this. I just had a baby and breastfeeding so can't right now.

Perhaps you should find a system that doesn't require you to "lose weight so many times."
  • dbmata
    Options

No... duh?

I could tell by his over ten thousand posts. But thanks for coming out.

No reason to be all douchey. Was just pointing that out. If you want to play with sarcasm, I can play this game too. Sarcasm is a second language. ;)
    Don't engage the Topaz. Known troll account.