Where were you last year?????

Options
So at this time last year I was so mad at myself for gaining 15lbs between Turkey day and Christmas and found my size 16 work pants so tight I couldn't breath. But I told myself I was not going to buy anything new and started Focus T25...within a week I could breath again in those same pants. Since then I have completed T25, P90x3, Turbo fire, and I am beginning the 4th week of ChaLean Extreme. My fight now is to get out of the size 10 pants I have been in for the last couple of months!!!! 2014 has taught me so much about me and I welcome 2015 to show me more of what I can do!!! If I can do this anyone can but one thing for sure, I would have never got this far without the support of all my friends on here!!!

So again I ask, Where were you last year?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    One year ago today I bought a Fitbit and a scale. 55 pounds later, those have been the best decisions I made.
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    One year ago today I bought a Fitbit and a scale. 55 pounds later, those have been the best decisions I made.

YAY!!!! So glad to hear :smiley:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im actually really happy to know that at this time last year, I was still at it. I like seeing this consistently over the years, reminds me that I really changed my life - I didn't just say I did.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sadly, this time last year I wasn't any heavier than 153 (down from 193). It was about the time when I told myself that I had some "cushion" and I gave myself a pass. My body took that as "gain 15 pounds" over the last year and I'm back to get it off. At least I know now HOW to get it off.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    oh you just meant weight? well crap, thats a great way to minimalize all the work I did :(
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, last year, I was in the same place physically that I am now, but I have come a long way mentally and emotionally, which I know will help lay the foundation that successful weight loss can be built on. My days between bingeing is down. The amount that I binge is far less. I can actually name things that I like about myself rather than drawing a blank. I have a better idea of what my triggers are and how to avoid them. Still, it's hard not to feel a little down about having not lost any weight in a year, especially when so many of my MFP friends have much such great strides, but I just keep telling myself to let go of the past and focus on what I can do now to keep it from happening again in 2015.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was 8lb lighter than I am today but that's ok some of that weight gain is muscle that I've built up in my legs from all the hill running I've done this year. This year I've run my fastest 5k race my first fell race and my first half marathon. In 2015 I will lose 12lb, run faster and further than I've ever run before.
    Good luck to you all for 2015.
  • erikarobles
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    oh you just meant weight? well crap, thats a great way to minimalize all the work I did :(

Oh Yoovie :( Didnt mean to go there!!!!
  • erikarobles
    Options
    sherambler wrote: »
    Unfortunately, last year, I was in the same place physically that I am now, but I have come a long way mentally and emotionally, which I know will help lay the foundation that successful weight loss can be built on. My days between bingeing is down. The amount that I binge is far less. I can actually name things that I like about myself rather than drawing a blank. I have a better idea of what my triggers are and how to avoid them. Still, it's hard not to feel a little down about having not lost any weight in a year, especially when so many of my MFP friends have much such great strides, but I just keep telling myself to let go of the past and focus on what I can do now to keep it from happening again in 2015.

This makes me happy :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I was 10 pounds heavier, and quite more motivated than I am now... Yeah I lost a whole 10 pounds in the last year, lol! (but it's ok, I'm 3 pounds from my goal at least).
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I had just hit my goal weight and probably had the hottest body I'd ever had, and only 8 months after I had my baby. I'd still be at that point today if I wasn't pregnant again.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I was weighing in at about 310 and miserable. Today I am sitting at 219 (been stalled out since Thanksgiving) and feeling pretty damn good. I have miles to go, of course, but I'm working on it!
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One year ago I was 25 pounds lighter than now.
  • amykuh
    amykuh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Last year I at this time, I was mad, mad, mad that I had started an anti-anxiety medication and gained 11 pounds in 3 weeks (when I was actively trying to lose, and I was very aware of the insatiable hunger that was popping up as a side effect.) Today, even with the holiday weight gain I am a good 27 pounds down from that point. And more importantly, completely off the meds. My new anti-anxiety medication is exercise. *beams*
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    A year ago today I was 16 lbs away from my first (weight) goal. I was also 10 lbs lighter than I am now... BUT I was also not pregnant at that time, lol. I'm due in 19 days (give or take) and have gained 26 lbs total. 2014 was pretty good to me since I met all of my weight & fitness goals.
  • erikarobles
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I was 10 pounds heavier, and quite more motivated than I am now... Yeah I lost a whole 10 pounds in the last year, lol! (but it's ok, I'm 3 pounds from my goal at least).

Yay!!!! So close!!!!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds since this time last year. It's amazing to me that I've lost that much because I've had a lot of stress over the last year. My on again off again boyfriend called it quits for good just recently and a bunch of family stress in the last while.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was about 24 weeks pregnant. Now I have a nearly 8 month old baby and about 35lbs to lose still!
  • erikarobles
    Options
    I had just hit my goal weight and probably had the hottest body I'd ever had, and only 8 months after I had my baby. I'd still be at that point today if I wasn't pregnant again.

Congrats :)
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I didnt start to diet in earnest until June. That being said I was at 207. Today I am at 170