Export and analyze your own data in Excel

Options

Replies

• atb001
    atb001 Posts: 1
    Options
    What happens with incomplete entries, e.g. I filled in lunch but left the other meals? Can the spreadsheet detect that, or do I need to manually remove those days? Also, is there a way I can manually enter the weight data, as I haven't entered it on MFP but do have the info on an excel sheet. Thanks
  • tsawrie
    tsawrie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a calorie burn question. my scorecard says that I am sedentary or lower vs eTDEE or logging is incomplete. Can someone explain that to me? Also, I work out almost every day and sometimes twice a day but I also sit at a desk every day. I have mfp setting to sedentary for that reason. However, mfp calories burned from yesterday was 2690. So, should I adjust my activity level? And where is this information being used in the excel sheet?
  • ephphy
    ephphy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The formulas in P14 and S14 on the Weight and TDEE graphs tab need a tweak. They're trying to call from cells that have text, without trimming the text out (P7 and P8 respectively). I noticed it when it didn't give me expected goal dates because it said I had no loss when the table above clearly showed loss! When I tweaked them to remove the units from P7 and P8 they came up with a goal date range spot on for what I'm expecting based on other tracking.
    Thanks a huge bunch for this though! I'm going to start looking at the vba to see if I can isolate some of the things that want to include in another tracking spreadsheet I've got going.
  • ckt873
    Options
    This looks fantastic but doesn't seem to be working correctly for me. I suspect that the issue has something to do with a recent update to MFP, but the spreadsheet seems to have difficulty collecting the detailed data from MPF. For example, for all but 5 of my 118 day logging streak, the spreadsheet apparently believes that I didn't eat. I am getting data on calories burned, and a total net calories per day, but this is screwing with many of the calculations. Time for another update soon?
  • tsawrie
    Options
    ephphy wrote: »
    The formulas in P14 and S14 on the Weight and TDEE graphs tab need a tweak. They're trying to call from cells that have text, without trimming the text out (P7 and P8 respectively). I noticed it when it didn't give me expected goal dates because it said I had no loss when the table above clearly showed loss! When I tweaked them to remove the units from P7 and P8 they came up with a goal date range spot on for what I'm expecting based on other tracking.
    Thanks a huge bunch for this though! I'm going to start looking at the vba to see if I can isolate some of the things that want to include in another tracking spreadsheet I've got going.

Please explain how you tweaked because mine is doing the same thing.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Why does this need to be macro enabled? What calcs are you doing that require them? Can I see the code for it?
  • ephphy
    Options
    tsawrie wrote: »
    Please explain how you tweaked because mine is doing the same thing.

Hi tsawrie, sorry for the delay in the reply, I forgot to check the thread!
    Probably the easiest way to do it is as follows:
    In P7 (weight change since a week ago), which should have the formula
    =IFERROR(ROUND(IF(ignoretoday=TRUE,Weight!B34-Weight!B41,Weight!B33-Weight!B40),2),"")& " " & units

Edit it to remove everything after the last closing brackets- this is what is adding the text after the loss values. It will now look like
    =IFERROR(ROUND(IF(ignoretoday=TRUE,Weight!B34-Weight!B41,Weight!B33-Weight!B40),2),"")

Repeat for cell P8 - edit to remove after the last closing brackets, don't copy paste!
    You shouldn't need to do it for the other values in the weight change table as they don't feed through to the goal dates, but you may want to for aesthetics. And if you really want reminding what units you're using, add it to the header.
  • tsawrie
    Options
    tsawrie wrote: »
    I have a calorie burn question. my scorecard says that I am sedentary or lower vs eTDEE or logging is incomplete. Can someone explain that to me? Also, I work out almost every day and sometimes twice a day but I also sit at a desk every day. I have mfp setting to sedentary for that reason. However, mfp calories burned from yesterday was 2690. So, should I adjust my activity level? And where is this information being used in the excel sheet?

Can someone help me with this???
  • ephphy
    Options
    That seems to be linked with what @ckt873 mentions above. I'm consistently getting the same 'error', but haven't had the time to look closely at it yet.
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    cool
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This is incredible!
  • _Tzefira_
    _Tzefira_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This looks totally awesome but I can't get it to work for anything. It insists on getting data from 2013, for which there is none (I started here in 2014).

I try over and over to tell it to capture from August 1st, 2014 to Jan 1st, 2015, but it just resets back to 2013 every time I press go. I've tried changing the auto-configure back and forth from TRUE to FALSE but nothing works. So my stats are completely off.

Anyone know how to fix this?
  • tkbuc
    tkbuc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Same here, only getting 2013 data.
  • ephphy
    Options
    With the wrong year error, try this quick fix (it worked for me, and also cleared up the wrong logging error that @ckt873 brought up that I was experiencing).
    • With the spreadsheet open, go to Visual Basic (Alt+F11, or under the developer tab, hit the button for Visual Basic).
    • If it doesn't start you there, open the Module1 module - in the side menu under VBAProject (mfp5v10.xlsm), Modules, Module1 and double click.
    • You should then see something that starts like this:
      'Updated and majority work by evgenizyntx 2013, 2014
      'EZ version 4.20
      'inspiration from orginal input by gavins, 2012

• Do a search for 2014, and find next until it shows you this line:
      ddd(i) = DateSerial(2014, imm, idd)

• Change the 2014 to 2015
    • Save
    • Close Visual Basic.
    • On the first/main tab of the spreadsheet, hit the reset button to clear anything that was there for a 'fresh start'
    • Run as usual and fingers crossed you get the data you should.

As I said, it worked for me (I don't proclaim to be an expert at VB), so hopefully it does for you too.
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    edit: nevermind
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I love this but also not working right for me. It is putting my observed TDEE at 800 kcals/day!
  • _Tzefira_
    _Tzefira_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ephphy wrote: »
    With the wrong year error, try this quick fix (it worked for me, and also cleared up the wrong logging error that @ckt873 brought up that I was experiencing).
    • With the spreadsheet open, go to Visual Basic (Alt+F11, or under the developer tab, hit the button for Visual Basic).
    • If it doesn't start you there, open the Module1 module - in the side menu under VBAProject (mfp5v10.xlsm), Modules, Module1 and double click.
    • You should then see something that starts like this:
      'Updated and majority work by evgenizyntx 2013, 2014
      'EZ version 4.20
      'inspiration from orginal input by gavins, 2012

• Do a search for 2014, and find next until it shows you this line:
      ddd(i) = DateSerial(2014, imm, idd)

• Change the 2014 to 2015
    • Save
    • Close Visual Basic.
    • On the first/main tab of the spreadsheet, hit the reset button to clear anything that was there for a 'fresh start'
    • Run as usual and fingers crossed you get the data you should.

As I said, it worked for me (I don't proclaim to be an expert at VB), so hopefully it does for you too.

Awesome. That plus changing the finish date seems to have worked. Still displays the wrong dates at the end in the date boxes but the data seems correct far as I can tell.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Mine is working too now! My observed TDEE is now 2800 :)
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    First off, thank you for this, it looks like a great tool. The problem I'm having is that it's not importing any of my logging data. When I look at the import data table it has all the correct dates but all the data is blank... anyone have any suggestions? Thanks again.
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    By the way... I tried the fix posted by ephphy, but it's still not working.