"B" belly success?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    my sisters and i do, my youngest sister is a fitness competitor, hers went away at around 18% body fat...this is after being 180lbs. she is 124 or so for competition, i want to get there some day soon. i'd show you pics but they arent online yet

eta, she won the fitness model group
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's an old thread but I have a B-belly. Absolutely hate it. Lower roll is bigger. But well, I'm trying to lose it atleast to the point where it stops interfering with my tucked in shirts. If I find results, I'll post.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Mine is nearly gone. I'm hoping to report a success soon. I have lowered my goal by another 5 pounds in the hopes it will be gone. Only time will tell.
  • Change1992
    Change1992 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a B belly but I didn't when I was slim so am hoping once I lose the weight, I'll also lose the B shape but who knows! Fingers crossed!
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a D belly but noticed when I was getting close to 230lbs and my high waist pants that the B belly was starting to happen. I still think my D belly is gross though, it just hangs low. ugh.
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have never had a "b" belly but I am a personal trainer and it is possible to get rid of it. Where I am from we call it 'rolls' instead of a gut. haha But if you burn fat (remember you cant spot reduce) and you do exercises and eat to build the muscle up underneath, eventually it will flatten out. But first it will get smaller ... then it will go away :) Good luck!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I have a lower case d belly ...i.e just a lower pooch, with loose skin from pregnancies...its a lot smaller than when I started, each lb makes a little difference but I'm not sure it'll ever go :/
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    ...I think I have a lower case "b" belly lol I'm pretty tiny from under my boobs to about an inch or so above my belly button and then my lower belly gets nice and big :grumble:

Same here, my upper belly does not stick out but my lower belly is quite jolly and full LOL! I have really full hips and the lower belly just kind of melds into them. It gets larger or smaller but really never totally goes away, even when I was 110 lbs in high school I still had a larger lower belly. I think that the belly shape is very much governed by genetics. My mother is shaped the same way.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    ...I think I have a lower case "b" belly lol I'm pretty tiny from under my boobs to about an inch or so above my belly button and then my lower belly gets nice and big :grumble:

Same here, my upper belly does not stick out but my lower belly is quite jolly and full LOL! I have really full hips and the lower belly just kind of melds into them. It gets larger or smaller but really never totally goes away, even when I was 110 lbs in high school I still had a larger lower belly. I think that the belly shape is very much governed by genetics. My mother is shaped the same way.

I also think genetics play a huge part :/ I am the same shape as my mother...except I have bigger boobs much to her dismay LOL
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Because of my before weight (375) it won't ever really be FLAT or toned (my skin is crappy, seriously, awful) but the bottom seems to go much faster than the top, unfortunately. I hate it. hate it hate it hate it. If you have metabolic syndrome, pcos, hypothyroidism, this seems to be more the case (the bottom shrinking, top not shrinking) per my Dr/Dietician.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Since I started at 300+ it will never go away and I will have a good amount of loose skin at any weight, but I'm looking forward to the day when it will shrink enough to squish itself flat under jeans. The top part is for me has lost more than the bottom part, which I'm happy about. I'm well endowed, so my T-shirts usually cover the fact that I still have the upper bump. I'm not really bothered by my belly in general, since the shrinking process seems to be going much better than I imagined.
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have the dreaded B belly however I use Nancy Ganz Shapewear (like spanx) and I think I will continue to use them even when I'm at my goal weight if my B belly still exists. Stops the wobble and flattens me out a bit!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • mrsjodiejones
    mrsjodiejones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I never knew about this before!! I lost around 6 stone in my 20's and the b belly has been there ever since. Got worse when I was pregnant and now back at my goal weight, it's still there! Although I do very little exercise. Probs need to do some serious toning to get rid of it. 8jpdyz14ma5r.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!