Just a few beers make me feel so drunk

Options
13»

Replies

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    4 beers. Yes. Alcohol makes you drunk. Not sure why this is a surprise...

You're smaller therefore you need to eat less. That means that you need to drink less as well to get the same blood alcohol concentration.

I beg to differ. It makes a difference with blood alcohol. Has nothing to do with tolerance. I'm 5 foot and stay between 120 and 130, and I can drink like a fish. Four beers doesn't do CRAP. I can drink 8 and function fully.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Actually I hadn't touched any beers or alcholol in over 12 months, so tolerance, less body mass, and an empty stomach, all joined forces and obviously made me that way, still it's great, I'm not like those ppl that need to waste their money and drink all day to feel different, I no alcholic and I don't plan drinking any time soon, but will be looking forward till my next special, but at least next time round, Ill at least eat something first.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was never a big drinker. In fact for the past 2 years (while in maintenance) I can count on one hand how many drinks I've had on one hand.

Last night I made 1 homemade hot chocolate with 1 shot of Baileys and I felt it a little. That was the only alcohol I had. lol

It feels good though. My friends are nursing their hangovers now and I just finished doing a 5K and have tons of energy to clean my basement. Life's good!

Happy New Year everyone!

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Good for you Rainbow!! Being able to drink like a fish isn't something worth bragging about anyhow, IMHO.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to be able to drink more? Being a cheap drunk should be a sign of pride. You are thin and/or don't drink much. Revel in it!

I'm 5'10" and I can't imagine drinking 4 beers and not being under the table. I'm feeling it with one! And it's a feeling I enjoy. Just not too often.
  • wilsonctenney
    wilsonctenney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Empty stomach = drunk off less more quickly