Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    ~ I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something. ~

Neil Gaiman

Thank You GrandmaJackie. <3 Something I need to remember.
  • jrs3611
    jrs3611 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am back for today! I am going to make a sincere effort to stay on track. STARTING TODAY! New year...new me!
    So for today...
    I will log everything I eat
    I will drink water....lots of it
    I will exercise
    I will throw all holiday junk out of the house
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Forgot to do mine for 1/4.

Just for today, I will:

1. Do my first run of Couch to 5K (downloaded the app last night!)
    2. Do lower-body work if the weather is still bad and I can't get outside to run.
    3. Start thinking about how I can have an exercise area in my room.
  • SirenWannabe
    SirenWannabe Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just For Today 1/3:
    I will drink 8 glasses of water :)
    I will log every morsel that goes into my mouth :)
    I will stay within my calorie goal :)
    I will WALK the Christmas tree down to Recycle Center :)
    I will go to Crossfit :)

Just For Today 1/4:
    I will drink 8 glasses of water
    I will log every morsel that goes into my mouth
    I will stay within my calorie goal
    I will take a leisurely walk and rest my aching body
    I will preplan (and log) lunches for work this week

I am down four pounds since 1/1 (which I know isn't "real," but it is hugely motivating)! Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • sumofRactions
    sumofRactions Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just for Today Jan. 4
    I will drink 8 glasses of water
    Faithfully log everything that I eat
    I will begin the weight loss comp that I signed up for
    with my daughter
    I will make my 10,000 steps per day goal

:) I absolutely love this idea, thank you for having this
  • susanp15
    susanp15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will: 1/4/15

1. Log everything I eat. (I did really well yesterday. Working on thinking before eating!)
    2. Drink 8+ glasses of water. (I fell short of this goal yesterday; drinking a lot of water is a challenge for me.)
    3. Exercise in some way - even if by putting away most of the Christmas stuff. (Plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs are making exercise painful - so I've avoided it.)
    4. Stay on track, even though we will be going out to dinner at our favorite Spanish restaurant!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    yesterdayt, 1/3/15
    1. I will remember that sometimes I mistake THIRST for HUNGER. Drink a large glass of water, and wait 10 minutes before I go and get something to eat :) Drank a lot of water last nite - No popcorn!
    2. 20 minutes on the ellipitical :'( I am still not feeling all that great, and our ellipitical is in a unheated patior room, so I didn't get this done. Hoping to today.
    3. Log EVERYBITE I eat! :) YES - even those M&M candies. I think the bag is almost gone though !!

Just for today, 1/4/15
    1. DRINK WATER! This is my hardest thing to do , but I know it really helps.
    2. Log EVERYBITE I eat
    3. 20 minutes on the ellipitical
  • mytime6630
    Options
    ~ I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something. ~

Neil Gaiman

I LOVE THIS JACKIE!! So true!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    susanp15 wrote: »

3. Exercise in some way - even if by putting away most of the Christmas stuff. (Plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs are making exercise painful - so I've avoided it.)
    !

I really feel for you. My hubby had plantar fasciitis -- not fun at all. Take good care of yourself. Maybe there are some chair exercises, or arm exercises you can do?
  • mytime6630
    Options

I am down four pounds since 1/1 (which I know isn't "real," but it is hugely motivating)! Have a great Sunday everyone!

GREAT JOB!!! Off to a good start for the new year!
  • 50by61
    50by61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! Just for today I am not going to have wine with dinner. And I am on my way to the gym.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    01/04 Just for today:
    1. log every thing I eat
    2. up meditation to 5 minutes
    3. get 8 glasses of water in
    4. remind myself that my weight is not my self worth. i deserve to dress cute and put on make up as much as the size 8s do; and i feel better when i do
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    1/3/15
    • forgive myself that unusual situations make this harder and try again. :smiley:
    • RUN again!! :smiley:
    • stop eating before I am full! :'(:'( NOPE.

Ate so many extras when we got home from a sad trip. Forgiving myself.

For today 1/4/15
    1. forgive myself that emotions and unusual situations make this harder and try again.
    2. elliptical trainer today
    3. now that breakfast, where I ate too much, is over, stop eating before I am full for the rest of the day, no more cashews, and no more bars.
  • ogsteinkid
    Options
    Just for today I will get done the house cleaning tasks that I have set for myself. Doing those things gets me off the couch and burning at least a few calories!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    01/04 Just for today:
    2. up meditation to 5 minutes

I just realized that should say 10 minutes, but it looks like they took away the option to go back and edit later. Or maybe you only have a limited time to edit.
  • shrinker19
    shrinker19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will record every morsel I eat and meet my 200 cal exercise goal
  • MzMoore007
    Options
    Splurged a little today went to panda express and had orange chicken ànd fried rice thought I was doing good until I documented the fried rice and saw how much sodium was in it ugh!!:( start back to work tomorrow after my surgery so got me some fruit and green tea to take with as I usually don't have time for lunch as I am usually putting out some little drama (middle schoolers). My three goals for tomorrow are:
    1. Keep up with my documenting of my food exercise and bp.
    2. Take time to go out and walk the track at least 2 times that will be half a mile.
    3. Talk to principal about starting a health/weight group at our school. (Talked today to several friends today at church about starting a group there - all seemed very receptive to the idea).
  • MzMoore007
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    susanp15 wrote: »

!

I really feel for you. My hubby had plantar fasciitis -- not fun at all. Take good care of yourself. Maybe there are some chair exercises, or arm exercises you can do?

Look up on YouTube for some chair exercise that you can at least get some cardiovascular and stretching movements
  • MzMoore007
    Options
    jrs3611 wrote: »
    Ok. I am back for today! I am going to make a sincere effort to stay on track. STARTING TODAY! New year...new me!
    So for today...
    I will exercise
    jrs3611 wrote: »
    So for today...
    I will exercise

I love the last idea My hubby did that for me after I wound up in the hospital on Christmas eve with a heart attack
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Met my calorie goal,drank more water,no exercise on Sunday . I have been reading some encouragement every day. Thanks for that,sounds like we are off to a good start.