Dating/Relationships

Options

Replies

• caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Its not just you...I've been single for over 6 years now, and I've never really done dating. I know I'm attracted to the wrong sort of bloke but changing the type you find attractive is easier said then done.

I've given up now....only so much rejection a girl can take in one lifetime!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I used to think I was terrible at relationships. Then I met the perfect man (for me.) Now I'm convinced that it really is just about meeting the right person. At least you're not all caught up in 12 years worth of wrong people.

Story of my life. But, hey, I'm learning.
  • tbcrocks
    tbcrocks Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe. Do you greet people with that look on your face in your picture?

lol
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    searching for relationships never works imo

better to just date , get laid whenever you want and eat food & watch cartoons alone like me

Best advice.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,043 Member
    Options
    I'm too awkward and stupid so I've never had a proper relationship and never been on a date XD
    I'd just stutter a lot to be honest...
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a depressing thread. :(
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    People are weird.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    I'm told at times I come off as just too independent to have a man.
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a club/bar. 5 yrs later we got married. I made the first move by the way. Anyways He is Hispanic and so his family never misses the opportunity to ask me when am I having his babies. His father constantly reminds me of how all 7 of his kids have children of their own except his son (my husband). I'm sorry but women do have more of a purpose then just popping out kids. Being in a relationship is not all it's cracked up to be. I wouldn't trade my husband for anything but I would his family's ideology... Mmm yeah :s
  • LC932017
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    karyabc wrote: »
    and all your (my) friends are getting married and you're single , you just gotta love life -__-

I know this feeling all too well. Hell, my younger brother is getting married before me -_-

i knowwwwwwww!! i have 3 brothers younger and older; all married thank you! plus i come from a Hispanic to make it worst where being single for too long is like a sin :|

Haha!!! Not having babies immediately after getting married is apparently a sin too. Culturally suffocated here :|
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    I read this entire thread but did not enjoy it... :|
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    @jackKopCh but but but, you look adorable?!
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,043 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I often feel like I'm terrible at relationships... but honestly, as I've never had one, I wouldn't know. I'm only 19 though so I've got plenty of time. I just feel a bit left out as most of my friends are in relationships or at least get asked out on the occasional date! ...This is probably because I don't go outside much, to be fair. Partying is not my thing and I hate clubs with loud music and...urhg. My idea of a perfect evening is eating Chinese takeaway in front of some anime or my xbox.
    I've also been told that I 'look like a lesbian' because of my short hair (due to alopecia, actually, and I wish it could grow) weight, deeper than average voice (stupid stereotypes) and height (5'7 isn't even THAT tall!). It doesn't bother me if people think I'm gay as it's not a bad thing, but it probably means a few guys keep away. It's a good thing I'm totally comfortable being single right now.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Learn to be happy alone. Love yourself, and embrace being free. I was miserable for many years, thinking that I needed a man...to be "happy", I dated this high maintenance guy who wanted his GF to look like a cover model at all times. He was too much work for me, then, I dated a major loser who treated me like crap, that did not last long. I then decided to just be happy alone. And met a guy, who was very persistent. ..I was not interested in him...he just kept chipping away...we live together now.

Be true to yourself. Be happy.
  • LC932017
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif
    Yes I knew you looked like someone familiar!! Couldn't put my finger on it though but there you go! B)
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    <-- 100% single and have been for, oh ... approximately *mumble* years. I've tried both the "actively seeking" and "passively seeking" methods to no avail. At this point, I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I am destined to become the male equivalent of the Crazy Cat Lady (Crazy Cat Guy) / Old Maid (Old Butler). :s
  • princesscupcake15
    princesscupcake15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Team Forever Alone
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »

wonlt5w1pi6i.gif

Some girls like that though :)
  • LC932017
    Options
    Ooo I'll play matchmaker!!! All the "alone-rs" should exchange information.

tumblr_m57weupjpb1qmj7d7o1_500.gif