January Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @gabbo34 - Just after getting back to run - that's frustrating! I hope you recover fast and completely this time. Since you are already seeing a doctor about the PTT, asking him about the right kind of shoes is probably a good idea.
    The sales people at the running shoe shops probably do their best, but you never know what kind of training they have to do their job and how good their recommendations are. I've been to four different running shoe shops over the last couple of years. The first one recommended stability shoes, the second a year later neutral shoes (at that point I thought maybe a year of running had changed my style), the next one another year later stability shoes, which confused me enough to go to shop number four and get fitted for neutral ones again. After being slightly irritated by these inconsistencies, my solution has been simply to alternate between both types of shoes. Maybe my feet are somewhere in-between, or just like a change - in any case, now I do the long runs with the stability shoes, and at least two out of three of the shorter runs with the neutral ones. Works so far...
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Nice, sunny day, and still cool enough - perfect weather for a run - a new "longest run ever" for me :-)
    My long runs are actuall getting long enough that I probably should figure out a non-annoying way to take some water with me on the run.

1.1.15 - 3.7km
    3.1.15 - 5.4km
    4.1.15 - 13.3km
    22.4 km (of 100km) done

exercise.png

• briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nice, sunny day, and still cool enough - perfect weather for a run - a new "longest run ever" for me :-)
    My long runs are actuall getting long enough that I probably should figure out a non-annoying way to take some water with me on the run.

1.1.15 - 3.7km
    3.1.15 - 5.4km
    4.1.15 - 13.3km
    22.4 km (of 100km) done

exercise.png

Great job on your run! For water try one of the hand held bottles. I ran 10.5 with a 12oz one from amphipod and loved it. Not annoying like I thought it would be. I also have a belt but it isn't very comfortable for me.

I admire all of you who run in the cold/snow. It has been around 30-40 degrees all week here on my runs and I have been freezing! I am definitely not equipped for cold runs. Luckily it is supposed to warm up here this week.

01-01 10 mi
    01-02 rest
    01-03 10 mi
    01-04 10.5 mi (trails again - and done nice and slow!)

30.5 out of 100 miles done already.
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Really excited about this challenge. I started running consistently about a month ago, and love it! My goal for January is 40 miles.

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    01/02 1.5miles
    01/04 1.75miles

Went out in a snow storm to go to the gym tonight, usually I would just stay home but I want to make my goal this month.
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 - 2.5 miles
    Dec 2 - Rest
    Dec 3 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Dec 4 - 2 miles (am) and 1.5 miles (pm) = 3.5 miles

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    1/1...........................REST
    1/2...........................REST
    1/3...........................REST
    1/4...........................11.25...............11.25/170

exercise.png
  • MFarrellPsyD
    MFarrellPsyD Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1/1: 2.3
    1/2: 3.6
    1/3: Rest
    1/4: 4.6
    total: 10.5
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options

Jan 1 - 5K on the beach
    Jan 2 - rest
    Jan 3 - 34 mile bike ride
    Jan 4 - 4.5

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    01/01.... 0.00....... 0.00
    01/02.... 6.98....... 6.98
    01/03.... 0.00....... 6.98
    01/04....10.75......17.73 - went out for 8 and just kept going!

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1/4/2015: 4.34 miles treadmill, driving to the gym was terrifying (ask me about my POS car.)
    @autumnblade75 - Maybe you should run to the gym instead of driving :)

• shanaber
    Options
    @nikkiwolf - nice long run! I have a fitletic hydration belt with (just one water bottle) that I use for half marathons and my long training runs. It doesn't bounce or get in my way and the pocket is just the right size for my phone and some shot bloks or dog treats. I know a lot of people use the hand held bottles but I can't stand having something in my hand getting all sweaty when I am running. I use a waist leash for the same reason.

• megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This thread motivated me to walk/run on the treadmill today! 2.5 miles down!

exercise.png
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1/2 - 3.48 miles
    1/5 - elliptical

Roads are snow covered, can't run on them right now. Maybe later tonight.

exercise.png

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/1 = 6 miles
    1/2 = 4 miles + strength training
    1/3 = 6.5 miles
    1/4 = 3 miles + strength training
    1/5 = 6.5 miles
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Logged three more miles this morning, and realized that I wasn't counting all my miles since I only looked at what my tomtom registered, and I forgot to turn it on one day! :blush:

1/1: 3 miles
    1/2: cross-train
    1/3: 4 miles
    1/4: rest
    1/5: 3 miles

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    1/1...........................REST
    1/2...........................REST
    1/3...........................REST
    1/4...........................11.25...............11.25/170
    1/5...........................WEIGHT TRAINING

exercise.png

• username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Right, so after a month off I am back. however so is much of the weight I had lost, so Jan goal is simply to run 12 times, hopefully 5km each occasion and for my foot to hold up.

The goals for December will be my goals for Feb all being well (10miles, 2hours, 1hr interval) I am putting them here so I can remind myself what they were.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    1/5/15 - 2.6 miles
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 Jan - 6mi, easy
    2 Jan - 6.2mi, easy
    3 Jan - 10mi trail
    4 Jan - 7mi trail w/girl
    5 Jan - 8.1mi, easy