Yummy alternatives to chips?

Options
So, my weaknesses are chips and french fries. Any yummy alternatives?

Replies

• Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Have you heard of an air fryer?

I make chips in my air fryer and they taste delicious, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
  • TeresaGoal145lbs
    TeresaGoal145lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the oil less fryer...same thing? I've wanted to get one of those
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Pop or Book Chicka Pop lightly salted popcorn. It's 35-40 cal/cup, and despite the only ingredients being popcorn, salt, and sunflower oil, it tastes so buttery and delicious!
  • JenNicole11
    JenNicole11 Posts: 1,834 Member
    Options
    Store-bought: Veggie straws and Pretzel Crisps are both yummy!

Homemade: Sweet potato chips and kale chips. :)
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    *Boom Chicka Pop
  • bobbichristine
    bobbichristine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love tortilla chips! They aren't as bad for you as you would think. Its just a little bit of sodium that you'll have to drink more water for. But they are a great snake! Get the whole wheat ones for extra fiber (;
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    I love Skinny Pop or Book Chicka Pop lightly salted popcorn. It's 35-40 cal/cup, and despite the only ingredients being popcorn, salt, and sunflower oil, it tastes so buttery and delicious!

Skinny Pop is awesome. When I get the craving for something salty I eat sunflower seeds. Takes work to get them out of the shell but the salty satisfaction is awesome! :)
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I'm not a "chip person" but I do enjoy the Special K Cracker Chips once in a while - and they come in a variety of flavours.
  • Paix_Amour
    Paix_Amour Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kale chips all the way! Packed with nutrition and they have an amazing crisp. :)
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Platain chips
  • dfargher
    dfargher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Baked chickpeas - they aren't low calorie, but they are a lot more filling than chips.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I personally just enjoy chips in a reasonable portion that fits my calorie goals. Having a serving of chips with your sammich isn't a big deal...eating a whole bag of chips likely is a bigger issue.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I love tortilla chips! They aren't as bad for you as you would think. Its just a little bit of sodium that you'll have to drink more water for. But they are a great snake! Get the whole wheat ones for extra fiber (;

Tortilla chips are just as many calories as potato chips. Though I guess the OP didn't say she was looking for lower calorie options. Of course they aren't bad for you, and neither are potato chips.

I eat the potato chips, or if I'm in the mood to eat more-popcorn maybe.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I cut up a pita into chips, bake until crispy, then eat with salsa. Delicious.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    So I take it you like the fat and salt hit, with the crunchiness besides. I agree with popcorn. You can sprinkle chickpeas with salt and olive oil and roast. They give you a little protein with fiber besides. You might also check out freeze dried foods like apples or cheese. My local store showed off "Space Cheese" which I can't find a link to that was very crunchy and satisfying.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Puffed beef tendons
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, or root veggies. Spray or drizzle on some olive oil, add some salt and mix them around. Add pepper, rosemary or dill, and garlic and/or onions too if feeling adventurous. I love them so much, far more than chips.
  • BattyP
    BattyP Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do a few potatoes cut into thick chip chunks and boil for about four minutes, then put them in a hot oven sprayed with frylite and a little salt :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    100-calorie bags of Special K® Sea Salt Cracker Chips and Special K® Sour Cream & Onion Cracker Chips;
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    kale chips. Rip up fresh kale- toss with a little oil of your choosing (I prefer olive oil) salt, pepper, galric powder and a little dried ranch mix. Spread on cookie sheet and bake in the oven. The ranch mix is high sodium but these are low cal, kale is super nutritious, and they taste AMAZING.