Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Guess who got sent home because they're not in labor?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just sayin! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    So I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down FOUR POUNDS from Friday!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: At first I got a little nervous that I lost so much while pregnant, but then I realized I’m still up 4.6 pounds from my last doctor appointment so I’m sure baby is fine. I’m still not thrilled with that gain but compared to last weigh-in it’s great. I’m hoping if I load up on the water today it may get rid of any sodium/water retention that I still have in me. Here’s hoping! :smile:
    how did u loose 4 lbs? what did u do i calorie ristrict and work out sooo much but i cant loose weight...
  • peanutrenee
    Options
    how do you know when your going into labor?
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    how do you know when your going into labor?

You will know.. trust me You Will know
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Anne Elise:
    Good news on the swimsuit front. I love a couple of the items I received.
    1. Women's Beach Living Shirred Mini SwimMini - comes in loads of plain colors and polka dot colors
    2. Women's Regular Beach Living (Floral/Dot/Paisley) Print Scoop Tankini Swimsuit Top

The mini swim mini seems perfect in 1 size larger than normal and I think it will fit for the whole pregnancy, it fits on my waist now but because it's a scrunched design, you could def push it under a large bump.
    The top has really good support and is still pretty cute, seems long enough to be able to stretch over a large bump. Like that you can choose cup sizes in this style.

Word of warning, I've never had one of these mini skirt tankinis before but definitely avoid the regular mini ( the one I got is the mini mini) the regular mini is so long it looks really frumpy.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Helloo Ladies!

I hope you are all well and having a wonderful day. I need your input please I have a personal trainer once a week and I informed her that I'm expecting and wanted to take off and use her skill after the baby is born, but she said I could continue training while pregnant is it ok to continue? I think it will make more sense after the baby is born, and I could safe the money for later session.
    Of course it would save money but seeing a trainer while pregnant can ensure you are doing the right exercises while pregnant, assuming you are going to continue to workout.
    It makes sense though if you get a couple of tips for the coming months but then save the money and use the trainer more after! I just always ask the trainers working about certain things....I'm sure they would help you along the way if you just had a question
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Update: My doctor just called and she said i passed the 3hr glucose with flying colors!!!!! YAY!! I was getting a little concerned but so relieved now. So much to catch up on it's been a crazy day i will try to respond to posts tomorrow. Have a good night ladies.
  • auttyfrmca
    Options
    meokk- so not enjoying the fact of doing a tankini!!! YUCK! But I livein TX and HAVE to go swimming....through sept and I'll be like 28 weeks! I have a huge maternity bathing suit bc my last son was born in June so I got one for May/June and then after....
    Where did you get yours?
  • ron2282
    Options
    So I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down FOUR POUNDS from Friday!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: At first I got a little nervous that I lost so much while pregnant, but then I realized I’m still up 4.6 pounds from my last doctor appointment so I’m sure baby is fine. I’m still not thrilled with that gain but compared to last weigh-in it’s great. I’m hoping if I load up on the water today it may get rid of any sodium/water retention that I still have in me. Here’s hoping! :smile:
    how did u loose 4 lbs? what did u do i calorie ristrict and work out sooo much but i cant loose weight...

I'm pretty sure the 4 pounds was all sodium/water retention (we ate out A LOT last week and I hardly drank any water). I didn't really restrict my calories, I only had a less then 100 cal deficit. I walked 3.5 miles and drank 10+ glasses of water every day.
  • ron2282
    Options
    Update: My doctor just called and she said i passed the 3hr glucose with flying colors!!!!! YAY!! I was getting a little concerned but so relieved now. So much to catch up on it's been a crazy day i will try to respond to posts tomorrow. Have a good night ladies.

Yea!!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • auttyfrmca
    Options
    Lynn- I work with someone like that. I can't remember what she said but it was while she was still pregnant.....something about her baby wearing a dress that's 3-6 months and she'll be crawling all around on it. I know she didn't have a baby yet but really? crawling between 3-6 months.... she would say things like that throughout the pregnancy about being pregnant....
    AND there's a chick that is having twins..due date in June but taking them May 26. She said she's diatlated to 1 and her ankles are swollen at night so she didn't think she'll make it another week. The babies are both around 4 lbs. another friend just had twins that were both almost 8 lbs each!!! I told her that and she about freaked! lol She wants to get them out but keep them in! the longer they are in the better the chance they go home with her!
  • yvonnewilke
    yvonnewilke Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just came upon this. Happy to actually see it. I am a mom trying to lose weight before i concieve and also before I can have my TR (tubal reversal). I have like 10 to lose
  • meokk
    Options
    maria - CONGRATS on passing !!!!!! I have my one hour next week - any tips??

Autty - I got them from lands end, they carry a real mixture from cut to super frump but they don't do maternity so I liked being able to mix and match sizes for tops and bottoms.

Here are some links:
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingShirredMiniSwimMini~216188_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::AJ9&CM_MERCH=search-_-Shirred+Mini+SwimMini+&origin=search

http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingDotScoopTankiniSwimsuitTop~216184_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::JU2&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-Swimsuits-_-ShopbySilhouette-_-Tops&origin=index

If you're not shy about showing your bump they have some cute bikini tops as well.
  • peanutrenee
    Options
    Woah! 5 times to labor and delivery! My friend went once when it was a false alarm and said it cost them a couple hundred dollars! That is just crazy to me.

I know she went in twice because she "felt funny". She asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing, you're pregnant. But she went in anyway just to make sure, once it was round ligament pain and the other time it was indigestion. The third time was because she fell down the steps at her house, so that is legitimate, I would have went in for that too, just to be sure. The fourth time she went in by ambulance the day after she fell down the stairs because her tailbone hurt. Of course your tailbone hurts, you fell down the stairs.....

It doesn't cost her a penny, she is on state funded insurance. She has had 4 ultrasounds, not including the ones she's had at the hospital, and she hasn't had to pay 1 red cent for anything.

I think part of the problem is that her husband doesn't pay any attention to her. I think she is trying to make him give her attention. I know that at least 2 of the times she went to the hospital he didn't go up there. I think she knows that when she goes in like this she will at least get attention from the people around her even if her husband doesn't care.

OK!!! Sorry. I feel like going on a rant now!!! Doesn't this poor lady realize that it's people like me that, in a round about way, are paying for all her ER visits and ultrasounds!!! We don't have insurance and choose to pay our own way instead of taking money from the goverment. Money they don't even have, by the way!!! It's our taxes - those things that we pay once a year that keep us strapped for cash the rest of the year - that are helping to pay for all her little attention getting antics. Nothing in this world is actually free folks. Somebody out there is paying for it!!!

ugh some ppl are just hypo condreacts.. i honestly sometimes cant get out of bed do to pain.. or my husband will see me in tears cause of contractions.. and he like we need to go to the hospital.. uhh no i dont have alot of money for that... im not going to bankrupt myself for this stuff.... it just upsets me that there are ppl milking the system when there are true ppl that need or could use just a little bit of help but cant get it.. but there are ppl that will use and use and not think of who or what they are hurting. Not to be an *kitten* but some ppl should be smaked VERY hard. its like i hate to say if your doc says you can work and you quit work cause ur expecting just cause ur tired and go on the system, that upsets me.. that is the honest truth.. yes if ur doc says dont work then all means dont but if ur not working and you can then there is something wg with you. im 37 weeks and some change and i mowe my lawn do the laundry and go to the gym still, ok some ppl are just crazy.. idk
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    maria - CONGRATS on passing !!!!!! I have my one hour next week - any tips??

Autty - I got them from lands end, they carry a real mixture from cut to super frump but they don't do maternity so I liked being able to mix and match sizes for tops and bottoms.

Here are some links:
    http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingShirredMiniSwimMini~216188_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::AJ9&CM_MERCH=search-_-Shirred+Mini+SwimMini+&origin=search

http://www.landsend.com/pp/BeachLivingDotScoopTankiniSwimsuitTop~216184_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::JU2&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-Swimsuits-_-ShopbySilhouette-_-Tops&origin=index

If you're not shy about showing your bump they have some cute bikini tops as well.

Did you get one size larger on both the top and bottom? I think I might try that. That is a really cute suit! I love polka dots and my prepregnancy suit is polka dotted too actually :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow. I swear I just felt little miss stand up and flip over. :noway:
    1. Ouch. 2. Is that even possible? :laugh:
    But after I felt whatever that was, kicks are on top again!! :huh: Totally bizarre. It's like there's an alive thing inside me or something. :tongue:

But that, my friends, is a good lesson on why you shouldn't drink 8oz black tea, 20oz mountain dew, and 12 oz dr pepper in a day while pregnant. Especially after limiting caffeine to well under 50mg/day for the last 7 months.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I just came upon this. Happy to actually see it. I am a mom trying to lose weight before i concieve and also before I can have my TR (tubal reversal). I have like 10 to lose

Welcome!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Meokk- Thanks I may look into those! I have my one hour next week too... I thought you had to be like 28 weeks? Or is it different with different dr.s?

Autty- I got one that I like from maternity motherhood but feel like I need two for my beach vacation coming up.

Pmaria- congrats!

Well i had a fail. I threw up my dinner (whats new haha) my dh made me... Steak and corn on the cob grilled and saled... My response a huge bowl of ice cream. Sigh. Oh well.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Feeling better today, probably because i slept much better than usual last night.

Random question- what does everyone think about anti-virus software? Is it really needed? My new laptop came with a free trial.. but I am hesitant to pay a bunch of money for a subscription!
  • meokk
    Options
    Danielle, I only got the larger size bottom so they should allow for bump growth as I'm planning to use the town pool through about 7 months.....

AnneElise - I started my pregnancy about 20lbs overweight and my midwife just wanted to do an early check to be on the safe side. I think she's being overly cautious as I've never had any high sugar issues before but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Suppose I'll be doing it again at 28 weeks too, woohoo. :frown: