Anyone else just getting started and have about 50-60 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• Th3mis77
    Options
    Good evening,

I was at 230 at one time. I was having a hard time breathing and sleeping.
    I was getting heartburn all the time and just felt horrible.
    Just a boat load of things going on at the time.
    I kept asking my ex-boyfriend if I looked ok and he said I was fine.
    I believed him until my daughter took a picture and I had three chins!! Come on really, I really do hate cameras. I know I'm not a beauty queen nor do I want to be at all.
    I just want to be happy with how I look and feel.
    So I than cut out my morning Pepsi from the gas station and lost 60 within a small amount of time. I couldn't get rid of my caffeine so I switched to Pepsi Max.
    I can't even drink Pepsi anymore, only Pepsi Max.
    My current weight is 172 and my goal is 130 but I would be happy just not to have a tummy that juts out of my pants.
    I wish everyone luck and just keep going. Don’t look at the long goal, just work at yourself every day and we can accomplish anything.

Themis :wink:
  • tiffaniedemayo
    tiffaniedemayo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh, me too!! I'm at 178.8 pounds, and i'm 5' 5''. I'm 49, and having a hard time loosing any weight at all. I'd like to loose 38.8 pounds, and get down to 140. That is a weight my doctor and i agree on, but i can't seem to stay focused, and motivated. I have a very sedentary lifestyle, the only exercise i get is when i clean the house!
  • rbailey_72550
    Options
    I'm new here and started about 2-weeks ago. Lost 6-lbs so far, but still have a ways to go. I'm 264 now and looking to be at 200 by my birthday in July and down to 165 by the end of the year.
  • rbailey_72550
    Options
    Anyone in the Houston area?
  • KLouise56
    KLouise56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here! Starting again for the second time. Last year I was doing really well and took myself back up to the exact same weight as this time last year. This year going to continue using MFP instead of trying to do it all in my head for 2 months then forgetting!

Currently 196lb and first goal is to be 180lb in 10 weeks for a holiday (or as close as! Hoping as I have a lot to loose the first bit will come off quickly again). Want to eventually be in the 125lb-140lb mark depending on how it looks (I can't remember what it looks like to be slim!)

Friends I made last year are no longer active, so would like some new ones!
  • jessicarabbit2069
    Options
    I want to lose 50 pounds and I've got 9 months to do it! Any tips on getting rid of a 10 year old baby belly that's continued to grow, and what i call second boobs, those extra mounds between your breast and arm pit. I just started dieting yesterday and will start back at the gym next week, but i am a person that needs motivation and even someone to drag me there.
  • mona6518
    mona6518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me :) 205 headed for 150 (eventually)... aiming for 190 first :)
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, 66" tall and weigh 206. My ultimate goal is not necessarily a weight but more of a size. I want to wear an 8 in pants. I think that is about 140-150 pounds. I will be happy in a size 10 though. I am always looking for inspirational friends (although I can sometimes be a flake). Anyone that wants to add me, feel free...just make sure you put a quick message with your request. Good luck, everyone!
  • kylasantucci
    kylasantucci Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello I need to lose 50 pounds please people add me and we can help each other but only people who will wright comments not just hit the like button. That gets annoying and doesn't do much help and I will do the same.
  • Edtyree
    Options
    Hello to all. I am wanting to lose 100lbs and would love to have new friends who could help keep me accountable and encouraged on this journey. If that's you please send me a friend request. Good luck to all on this journey :D
  • jenjen2015
    jenjen2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Jennifer. I wear size 16 plants and XL tops. Biggest ever In my life. I'm 225 and trying to reach the 199 initial goal. Once I hit that goal, my next goal is 175. You know, eat the apple one bite at a time. Need total encouragement and "non-judgmental" friends. Too embarrassed to link my fb to my profile. Please friend request me. Encouragement welcome!
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm 240, working to get to 175. please feel free to add me! I did this a few years ago, i'm trying again and i think a strong community presence and good friends/motivators will help!
  • stynfit4life
    stynfit4life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, add me, I'm approx 5`6" , currently 200 lbs, my body shape is an hour glass, so the weight is proportionate , though i have a kangaroo pouch from 3 pregnancies , and I'm slightly top heavy, which is great for my husband but uncomfortable for me . .
  • lillianmadrigal
    Options
    Hi! Im pretty new to this app and want to start the year right by putting into thought my health. My starting weight is 178 pounds and I am aiming being in the 120's. Feel free to add me. Good luck to all! :D
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    14 Stone 4 pounds (200lbs) headed for 10 stones. I was well on my way after I first joined but keep falling off the wagon. I am convinced if I log honestly everyday, good bad or ugly and forgive myself for the "ugly" days I might stick with it.

Love to make some Bristol, UK friends.
  • motorola10
    motorola10 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started at 212ish. CW is 206.4 My goal weight is 136! I plan on gaining lean mass(aka tone) and losing lots of body fat. Id like to be at 12%-16%. Long ago I was at 14%. Add me
  • motorola10
    motorola10 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh I am 5'7
  • betsapp91
    Options
    i am 5'3" currently 175 goal is 125
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started needing to lose 60-65 lbs. I started at 185, am 175 and would like to be somewhere around 125-120. Feel free to add me
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Me! I've been on MFP for a long time, but I've been off track for about a year :( Just started back this week and looking to lose about 50 pounds or so. I am 5'3". Anyone can add me if they would like.