Switching from WW (Weight Watchers)

2»

Replies

• SuequehannaWakiya
    SuequehannaWakiya Posts: 10 Member
    Snips66 ... have you used the barcode feature of the MFP app on a "smart" device ph / ipad etc? I just point it at the barcode of food labels and it brings up the data correctly ... just amazing and rules out browsing lists of foods.
  • ParisPrincesse
    ParisPrincesse Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hello :smile: I'm new to MFP. I am also a WW online member & I am trying to decide whether or not to quit WW & do MFP full time. I have been using both apps for a week now & really tired of doing both. Lol I am realizing that the food data base is much better here & the community is much nicer. I just need to decide which I want to do. I have been doing WW for a long time & lost weight. I only have about 13 pds I still want to lose. :smile: I think I'm just scared to let go of something I've been doing for so long, but I'm also ready to be accountable on my own. :smiley:
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    chomp77 wrote: »
    Snips66 ... have you used the barcode feature of the MFP app on a "smart" device ph / ipad etc? I just point it at the barcode of food labels and it brings up the data correctly ... just amazing and rules out browsing lists of foods.

Yes ... but have noticed that sometimes they can be wrong too.
  • serafina57
    serafina57 Posts: 37 Member
    I switched after I had reached my goal weight. I found it a simple switch. If you set up your goals the same as WW and how quickly you want to lose weight (how many lbs per week), then it shouldn't be different. While I miss the meetings, I am eating so differently (vegan, sugar/gluten/dairy free, nothing processed), that the meeting were becoming unhelpful.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I think it pretty much works out to be the same. When i was on WW I ate a lot of fruits and veggies so I could make room for higher point options. Its the same for MFP i eat lower calories options so I can make room for the things I enjoy.