What are you having/cooking for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

Options
    For lunch I had some of my own homemade granola along with some Danan yogurt. For dinner I had some of my mom's delicious homemade chicken stew, along with one of my own homemade pretzels that I made yesterday. Really good! Oh, and I had milk, too.

(I really like to homemake my own food. I've even homemade peanut butter, yogurt, and stuff like that).
    Options
    On a random note, does anyone find it hard to stay under their calorie goal when they're eating lots of fast/restaurant food instead of home cooking it all? Or is it easier?
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »
    Coconut oil is my favorite. Its smells and taste fantastic. Not only do I cook with it. I make a Cuban coffee skin rub with it. ( coffee grounds, Vitamin E oil and coconut oil mixed together).

Its funny you say that about coconut oil.
    I recently bought some and didn't really know how to use it, only that its suppose to be good for you.
    Then today while on the net I saw something that talked about using it as a moisturizer, hmmm...I can use it to cook with And use it on my skin!
    What a concept :smiley:
    Thanks for that recipe for making a version of the almond joy candy bar...love those things!!
    Anyone else have recipes or suggestion for Coconut Oil, please let me know!
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Homemade turkey burgers & a side spinach salad, so good!
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made fish tacos, with a side of butternut squash.

This is what the tacos consisted of:
    Corn tortillas, made a light "southwest" sauce, grilled fish, shredded cabbage, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, homemade roasted pepper/black bean salsa, and limes. Nom, nom, nom.
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Seasoned rice with shredded cabbage & carrot topped with baked sliced chicken schnitzel drizzeled with warm teriyaki sauce

It was so delish
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    TripZeros wrote: »
    Tonight I made fish tacos, with a side of butternut squash.

This is what the tacos consisted of:
    Corn tortillas, made a light "southwest" sauce, grilled fish, shredded cabbage, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, homemade roasted pepper/black bean salsa, and limes. Nom, nom, nom.

Ever since I went to New Jersey for Thanksgiving and ate at this place called Surf Taco, I've been dying to make a fish taco just like this.
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Spiced cous cous and indian mince gorgeous and all low fat as its home made with nothing processed.
  • xtielynn
    xtielynn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On a random note, does anyone find it hard to stay under their calorie goal when they're eating lots of fast/restaurant food instead of home cooking it all? Or is it easier?

I find it's easier to stay under when I'm cooking at home. I can always alter recipes to cut down on calories. Sautée with spray rather than oil, roasted cauliflower if potatoes are going to be too much. Also, as a bonus, it totally satisfies my control freakishness.

I have a hard time trusting restaurant calorie counts. The people in the kitchen at Applebee's don't necessarily care that I ordered something specifically because the menu lists it's calories. A little more sauce? Why not?

Do I sound crazy rn? Haha
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Ancho chile beef and black beans in the crock pot. I started with this recipe: slenderkitchen.com/sunday-slow-cooker-ancho-chile-tri-tip-and-black-beans/

I used 1-1/2 lb of rump roast I had in the freezer and lowered the servings to 4. I also didn't feel like running out to Penzeys for dried anchos so I used one fresh poblano instead of the two dried anchos (a poblano, when dried, becomes an ancho) and regular chile powder instead of ground ancho powder.

With the changes, a serving is: 460 calories, 60 g carb, 9g fat, 60 g protein, 563 g sodium, 32 g fiber

Definitely a protein and fiber bomb of a meal!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    Coconut oil is my favorite. Its smells and taste fantastic. Not only do I cook with it. I make a Cuban coffee skin rub with it. ( coffee grounds, Vitamin E oil and coconut oil mixed together).

Its funny you say that about coconut oil.
    I recently bought some and didn't really know how to use it, only that its suppose to be good for you.
    Then today while on the net I saw something that talked about using it as a moisturizer, hmmm...I can use it to cook with And use it on my skin!
    What a concept :smiley:
    Thanks for that recipe for making a version of the almond joy candy bar...love those things!!
    Anyone else have recipes or suggestion for Coconut Oil, please let me know!

It is also great for the hair!

Also, it is by far the best oil for popping popcorn!

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Cheese Soup and Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps.
  • brit21187
    brit21187 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Walmart Mexican Styled Lasagna 1 Cup with bottle of water :) First time hopefully it's YUM!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Tonight Braised Short Ribs and Red Skin Potatos!!!

My hubby and I love to go out to eat, at least 4 times a week, but since the New Year and this cold A weather I've been in the mood to cook.
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    No carb(2-3G) meatloaf with a side of meatloaf.. anf a fried egg on top of the slice.
  • ovinas1
    Options
    I find it impossible to even stay close to my calorie goal when eating out. Its like a trance when you hit the restaurant. And if it has a bar forget it. The alcohol alone puts me over.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I find it impossible to even stay close to my calorie goal when eating out. Its like a trance when you hit the restaurant. And if it has a bar forget it. The alcohol alone puts me over.

The alcohol is my problem. I try to stick with salads, lean meats and veggies when I go out to dinner. But the wine takes over me!!!
  • ovinas1
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

The alcohol is my problem. I try to stick with salads, lean meats and veggies when I go out to dinner. But the wine takes over me!!!

Yes.....But I LOVE IT...

• helenw32
    helenw32 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Leg of lamb browned in spray olive oil, then added dried fruit, Morroccan spice bag and hot water added to slow cooker this morning. Came home and I just need to boil some cous cous to go with it. The whole thing is about 525 calories a portion and its a lovely winter warmer. :)
    P.S. I'm looking for support friends on here, so feel free to add me if you're looking for a motivation buddy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and some carrots from the garden.